SuperTkdkid's RCT3 Parks

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Hey guys! I figured I'd make one thread for all my current parks instead of multiple, but I'm also doing one at a time (with only one today) so if you guys would prefer one thread per park let me know and I can do that.
The first one I'm posting is my favorite park that I've finished (my new favorite one is on hold until Theme Park Studio comes out and I can do that that idea in TPS).
This park was inspired by Cedar Point (its islandish type of setting and the great lake around it) and classic parks such as Idora and Chippewa Lake.
Chippewa Lake Park:
Spoiler

Comments? Suggestions? (I may or may not go back and work on this park. Depends on my what I want to work on.)

Funland: (This park was kind of a Coney Island inspired park.)
Spoiler

Edited by SuperTKDKid, 24 November 2013 - 04:39 PM.

Posted Image

#2 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Very cool! I really like the park's atmosphere. You have a nice assortment of rides, I think maybe a small-ish B&M looper might fit well in the old Arrow station.

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#3 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:31 PM

That could work!^ I like that idea, maybe one kinda like Vortex at Carowinds? Thanks rcf919!

Posted Image

#4 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

*Wants to make an island type park*

Good job on this park. I really like it. What are those things in the second and third picture from the bottom?

I am excited for TPS as well! I can't wait to see the other parks too!

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#5 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:56 PM

Those are firework platforms for the 2 firework shows. The small platform (with the building on it) runs in the early months and the late ones of the season while the big platform has the big show that is played during June, July, and August.

Posted Image

#6 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

It looks nice. Very clean and tidy. That's a very decent start for a park, indeed.

#7 DKCF

DKCF

Six Flags in NJ rules!

• 364 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

You did a really great job at this park. I'm really impressed. :)

Rock n' roll is my life. ROCK N' ROLL IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! \m/

YouTube Channels
Coaster Videos / Rubik's Cube Videos / Random Videos

Social Medias
Twitter / Instagram / Vine

#8 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:51 PM

It looks nice. Very clean and tidy. That's a very decent start for a park, indeed.

Thanks! Any more work on it is small things here or there. I may have to remake it in Theme Park Studio once that comes out to make it even better.

You did a really great job at this park. I'm really impressed. :)

Thank you! Whenever I make a new park I always take time to shape the land and everything and then do the small things of the park. It took me many many many hours alone just to do the basic land shaping and coloring and I think it was worth it. The next park won't come probably until next weekend, but I definitely want to post more since you guys really liked this one park.

I really like rct3 as I like making parks, which No Limits lacks (although I do use NL every once in awhile and will be buying NL2 once I get my new laptop this summer for college), which is why I'm really excited for TPS and its seemingly endless possibilities. I will definitely post those parks (and updates for them) when TPS comes out.

Edit: Anyone know the "hide" codes? I'd like to use those for each park in the first post as I post them so they can all be found in one post.

Posted Image

#9 Turtle Man 24

Turtle Man 24

I Lost The Game

• 1198 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

Hide codes? You mean like where you have to click on it to reviel its contents? If so, it's

[spoiler] [/spoiler*] without the star(*).

Btw, this is looking awesome! Cant wait to see other parks, and see parks you create in TPS!

turtleman24.png
http://www.coasterco.../#Turtle Man 24

[Turtle Man 24] 1:34 am: Thou shall know not of meaness of Mean Streak, so thou must talk not of it

#10 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Yep that's it! ^
Thanks haha. Forgot it since it's been awhile since I've used it.

And thanks! I'll try to post at least one this weekend, depends on what comes up. And I will definitely show you guys my TPS parks as well once that comes out, hopefully asap. I'm more excited for TPS than I am for NL2.

Posted Image

#11 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 10:35 PM

WHAT! I personally think NL2 is going to be better, but TPS does look pretty sweet. You might need a computer with a lot of RAM to run it good though. Well both actually.

#12 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

TPS is getting a complete do-over, sooo.

Yep that's it! ^
Thanks haha. Forgot it since it's been awhile since I've used it.

And thanks! I'll try to post at least one this weekend, depends on what comes up. And I will definitely show you guys my TPS parks as well once that comes out, hopefully asap. I'm more excited for TPS than I am for NL2.

TPS is scheduled to come out in April of 2014. The coaster engine is getting a redesign so it may push the release date to May or June. I'm a beta tester so ill send you some photos when I get the download in December.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#13 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

WHAT! I personally think NL2 is going to be better, but TPS does look pretty sweet. You might need a computer with a lot of RAM to run it good though. Well both actually.

Good point. Might have to consider that when picking out a new laptop. Would a Mac Pro work well for TPS and NL2? I'm not super techy so I'm not really sure. And I'll respect that you think NL2 will be better. All depends on personal preference. Good luck with your NL2 designs!

TPS is getting a complete do-over, sooo.
TPS is scheduled to come out in April of 2014. The coaster engine is getting a redesign so it may push the release date to May or June. I'm a beta tester so ill send you some photos when I get the download in December.

Oh ok. Thanks for the update. Glad I know, was expecting it to be released earlier than that. And yes pictures would be much appreciated! Especially dark ride systems and stuff like that would be appreciated if its built in with the beta.

Posted Image

#14 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Funland Park. Partly inspired by Coney Island and partly inspired by the Funland park in GTA 4. However, after building it it turned out more like Coney Island. Not my absolute best work, but I thougt you guys would like to see this.

Overviews:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The newest addition. Banshee. A Chance Morgan Hyper. Supports aren't finished on it. I don't know if I'll finish them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Note: Not all of the final touches were added, as you can see the railings in the station are still red from its previous coaster.

Parking Lot:
Posted Image

The Splash Boats:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fun Fact: The water canal (or whatever you would call it) for the boats originally ran above ground, however it was moved below ground to address the issue of lots of water going onto the road.

Classic Ride Area:

Posted Image

Twisty Towers:

Posted Image

Delirium and the Observation Tower:

Posted Image

The Cyclone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maintenance Area:

Posted Image

Some Random Shots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One last Overview Shot:

Posted Image

Any comments/questions?

Posted Image

#15 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Also, my new Project. Haven't thought of a name yet so I'm open to suggestions.

Overview:

Posted Image

A ballroom type building will be built above this entrance:

Posted Image

Kiddy Area:

Posted Image

Main Midway:

Posted Image

Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

Edited by SuperTKDKid, 24 November 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image

#16 A.S.C.

A.S.C.

-----------

• 801 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

You can use shift to put your support blockers underground to prevent the ugly shadows. Looks pretty good.

#17 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Oh thanks. Didn't think of that. ^

Posted Image