What should I get for my first Knex Set? (SS or RR?)

knex coaster set first

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Hey people of SSC :). I recently got a good amount of money (50$ US dollars) And I would like to get me very first Knex Set :D. Im currently deciding between a Rippin' Rocket, or a Screaming Serpent. I wanted to ask because A Screamin' Serpant costs much more than I have (According to ebay listings). The rippin' rocket seems nice because I am just starting. If you guys can send/post me some feedback / reccomendations, then please post a reply :). And if you also could send/post me any Buy it now deals that are great then I would appreciate it. I cannot wait to read what you guys think! :D:D

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#2 Rollerfreak987

Rollerfreak987

definitely gone crazy

• 2448 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Definitely go for the SS. It will give you the train, along with the chain nessecary to build a roller coaster.

A RR would be a very good 2nd set if you have money left over from the SS.

1- Time Traveler 2- Magnum XL-200 3- The Voyage 4- Velocicoaster 5-Iron Gwazi 6- Phantom's Revenge 7- The Beast 8- The Legend 9- Tiested Timbers 10- Steel Vengeance 

Follow me on Instagram @coastergeek987
Credit Count: 305

#3 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, that seems like a very sensible plan. Thanks for your feedback :):)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#4 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

Yay! My first SS is expected to be here Jan.3rd! Got this SS for 95.99$!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#5 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

I must say that you overpayed a lot for that, ussually you can get an SS for $40-ish. A good place to check besides ebay is craigslist

#6 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

I agree with ^. And for craigslist, seems like nothing is ever listed in our location. (we live 10 mins from each other.)
But anyways, happy building Tim! :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#7 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

Aww, to bad, there's ussually 2-3 SS's in my area. And I just noticed, january 3rd is when my dirt scooter and odi grips are gonna arive.

#8 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

The fact is that it was basically brand new, shipping was 20$, and it was a buy it now and 6 other people were veiwing it, so I had to get it while I could.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#9 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

The fact is that it was basically brand new, shipping was 20$, and it was a buy it now and 6 other people were veiwing it, so I had to get it while I could.

EDIT I've cancelled the order and got my money back because "I overpayed" an Im hopefully getting something else.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#10 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

That's good, for that price, if you wait, you can probably get 2-3 SS' s.

#11 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:22 AM

^ we were searching and there really aren't that great of deals as of right now. He really wanted one so...

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#12 Terry Hughes

Terry Hughes

Knex Coaster Noob

• 147 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

I went nuts and picked up 4 ss sets from ebay, not single one cost more than $50 with shipping. It seems there are around 4-6 posted biweekly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: knex coaster set first