aftershock knex steelooper timmeh

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Hmm, smell like the late 80's steel around here!

This is my very first completely solo build! I just got 2 more sets so im really excited to finish the design.

Please leave feedback!

Please note!: The gray rod support is temporary (the support by the red switch for the motor)

Posted Image

Posted Image

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK BECAUSE YOU ,AY KNOW SOMETHING WRONG THAT I DON'T!!!!!=):D:D=)=):):)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#2 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

I like the coaster so far!, but one question is: you got 2 SS sets, why you dont use 2 motors on the top you got than more power. :D

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#3 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:23 PM

Looks really cool so far! A schwarzkopf looper will be very fun to make and build. 2 motors would make the lift more powerful, but one seems fine for a 3 car train. Can't wait to see more :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#4 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

I recommend taking a look at this:

http://www.sscoaster...tutorial-15311/

#5 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

I like the coaster so far!, but one question is: you got 2 SS sets, why you dont use 2 motors on the top you got than more power. :D

I will consider that :)

Looks really cool so far! A schwarzkopf looper will be very fun to make and build. 2 motors would make the lift more powerful, but one seems fine for a 3 car train. Can't wait to see more :)

You should totally get on skype!

I recommend taking a look at this:

http://www.sscoaster...tutorial-15311/

Thanks!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#6 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

50TH POST! WOOOOOOHOOOOO!
Anyways, there is no way im going to find a 2nd motor, ive looked for a bit now and yeah. This is how the kit arrives, peices and track are together, its a mess :/...

lPosted Image

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#7 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 09:13 PM

Drop has been finished!!! Im seeing the 80's, man!

Feedback is always appreciated! :):):)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#8 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

The drop looks nice, but on the straight section of the drop, I would use gray rods instead of flexies. It makes the drop look much straighter. And grays are much stronger. :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#9 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

Im here again with ANOTHER UPDATE! :D

Today,I finished making the bottom of the hill and finishing the next. Not too much progress, but here is a test video :)

Posted Image

^ I know its terrible quality but I assure you its just photobucket. I have a 650$ canon t3i, so the final video is going to be 1080p. I might make it 4k ;)

Here is some other stuff, as you can see, My cat got into my tubing...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#10 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:36 PM

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

THERE IS THE VIDEO :)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#11 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

That looks very nice. Are you going to put in a loop in this one?

Posted Image

#12 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 18 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

That looks very nice. Are you going to put in a loop in this one?

Yes I am :)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#13 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

Just another update!

But yes, here are a series of pictures, I hope you guys enjoy the corkscrew, I originally tried a loop, but it was too small ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

THE SHAPING IS NOT FINAL :) Please leave feedback ;-)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#14 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Actually, if you just made the second half of the cork closer to the first, i would be a loop! just move it to the right of the two gray rods and boom, loop. :)
Other than that, it looks great!

Posted Image

#15 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Actually, if you just made the second half of the cork closer to the first, i would be a loop! just move it to the right of the two gray rods and boom, loop. :)
Other than that, it looks great!

I tried tried that but it is too small

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#16 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

I dont think im going to build much more until someone can give me input/feedback. This coaster will return once that happens! Thanks, -Tim

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#17 Josh Monster

Josh Monster

Works with Alpal.

• 491 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

The second half of your corkscrew looks good, make the first half similar to the second. Also when the track is completely upside down it should be 90 degrees turned from the entry.

Posted Image

#18 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Well, with the amount of speed you have left, I would recommend scrapping the loop/cork for now, and making a hammerhead or something to that effect, and trace along the original portion of the ride. Unfortunately, your ride is now too short to make any tall inversions, but what you can do is to have a turnaround, then a corkscrew that goes back, and just bunny hop and buckle your way back to the station.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#19 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

I like the layout ^ showed. Also, because it has a corkscrew instead of the iconic "loop," is the coaster now an Arrow looper? To me, the layout reminds me more of an arrow looper anyways. It's similar to one of the simple looper's like Corkscrew at CP.

Posted Image

#20 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

[quote name='IonZer0']Well, with the amount of speed you have left, I would recommend scrapping the loop/cork for now, and making a hammerhead or something to that effect, and trace along the original portion of the ride. Unfortunately, your ride is now too short to make any tall inversions, but what you can do is to have a turnaround, then a corkscrew that goes back, and just bunny hop and buckle your way back to the station.

I have made the 90 degree turn a full 180 degrees, so I definitely love your layout :D

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing