Gvus' trip to SFMM (a bit late)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

So as some of you know, I went to SFMM (Six Flags Magic Mountain) back in October, but im just now finding time to make a TR for it.

So I went with my dad, and we got platinum flash passes and double ride bracelets because we barely ever go to theme parks, so we wanted to make the most of a rare trip. So im gonna do this a little differently because if I just went through my entire day it would take way too long because we wete there for 14 hours and went on about 30-40 rides! So im gonna state each ride I went one, rate it from 1-10 and write a bit about what I think of it. Sorry no pics, I sont have many so Im not gonna bother to upload the few that I have.

Tatsu:
Score: 9/10
One of my favorite rides in the park, we rode it 5-6 times, twice in front row. The forces are great, the pretzel loop left me speechless. I love the restraints B&M used on Tatsu, they are very comfy :P

Revolution:
Score: 7.5/10
This is an incredibly smooth ride for how old it is, its like the ride of a B&M for smoothness. We got 2-3 ridesb in on it, there was never any line, even in the normal line.

Full Throttle:
Score:9.5/10
This coaster it much better than it seems, it is very force full and currrntly is my #1 coaster. The hangtime on the loop is plentiful, and every launch is a new experience. My only criticism is that the breaks start in the middle of the final drop, and thats dumb. We rode it three times, two in front, one in back, this ride was not included in the flash passes.

Goliath:
Score:8.5/10
My dads favorite, a decent hyper. We rode it 3-4 times, the drop could be steeper, but the layout is nice and the final helix is very forceful.

Collosus:
Score:3/10
This would be a fun ride, but they only were running backwards trains, which were immensely painful and and ruined the ride IMO.

Scream:
Score:8/10
Fun looper, no theming at all, and a bit boring. Though I really enjoyed the zero- g roll. Rode it twice.

Lex Luther:
Score:?/10
I never rode it, I almost wet my pants just looking at it. I hate drop towers.

Batman:
Score:8/10
Great, compact B&M inverted, the ending is quick, twissty, and super fun. Both me and my dad really enjoyed this one. Im excited to re ride it when I go to SFGA this summer.

Green latern:
Score:4/10
Very painful, but some parts were fun. Rode it once, im not gonns ride it again.

The Riddlers Revenge:
Score: 7.5/10
Nice flow on this one, but a tad rough and painful on the groin. But that didn't prevent me from riding it 3-4 times!

Superman:
Score: 9/10
Much wow, very speed. Crazy ride, but very short. My dad took some funny videos on this one, ill try t o get it and upload a clip so you can see. We probably rode it 8 times, almost all in front row.

Ninja:
Score:7/10
Meh, a good cool down after riding Superman a bunch of times, but nothing to exciting. The swinging cars are a unique ride.

Apocalypse:
Score: 8/10
A nice woodie with a sweet twisty layout, but it is quite rough sadly, we rode it twice.

Viper:
Score:6.5/10
Rode it twice, was very rough, got a headache, then sat down for a while. Funny story; when my dad had last gone to SFMM in 1991 Viper had just opened!

X2:
Score:?/10
IT WAS CLOSED! I was so sad, hell, I was pissed! I wanted to ride X2 so badly :(

Hope you like it guys!

#2 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

Sounds like you guys had a great time, except for X2 and Colossus. :P
Definately upload the video of Superman, it sounds pretty cool.
Be sure to do another TR for SFGA!

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#3 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

X2 was closed for several months because its lift hill chain broke. I can imagine that's not a quick repair.

Edited by ~stεεlspectrum~, 29 March 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#4 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 07 December 2014 - 11:38 AM

Hope you guys had a fun trip!

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok