coming soon joost12 new coaster

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 crazyracer

crazyracer

Architect

• 550 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

Yeah I trotally agree make the loop radius wider look at B@M Loopers and you will see what I mean.

K`nex always for life ;)

#42 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

Ok, I haven't been on in a while. (Studying for my AP World Final & other Regents) Anyway, I made the lift a lot smaller, so I won't have to make a large loop. It'll be a loop followed by an Immelmann, or vice versa. I don't know yet. I'll try to get some pics up by Friday, Monday by the latest.

#43 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:40 PM

Hello, update time!

So I decide to go with my gut and this is the result so far. Many of the supports are not final, I know the drop needs to be reshaped, as well as the Immelmann, but is the loop alight? I know the exit has a giant straight spot, I'll be fixing that later. Some parts of the boxes for the Immelmann weren't adde when I took the pics. The trains aren't weighted yet, and I need to clean out the cars of any pollen before I do another test. (As well as the tubing on the track)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coasterman345, 22 June 2014 - 01:43 PM.
Video added.

#44 Kevkillerke

Kevkillerke

Mr. circus

• 1658 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 01:54 PM

I see you used the immelmann from that tutorial?
It is a very good example for an immelmann, but you have to redo some connectors so it fits in your coaster better.
The pull in has a sharp spot that is caused by a crosstie which is too low to the ground. Try to replace the green rod with a white.

Posted Image
Click > Spirit Bomb/Blue Fire!/Double O/Kirnu < Click
SSC award 2014: Best SlimTrack Coaster
Eruption
Posted Image

#45 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

The entrances of the immelmann and the loop ares a bit to sharp. Just make the supports higher and strech it a bit. The loop is maybe a little too oval but it's fine. Keep up the good work!

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#46 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Unless I find away to Increase the speed, I'm going to destroy the Immelmann and loop, and make it a hyper, and enter it into the Summer Heat.

It almost makes it with an 8 car train. and the front weighted like no tomorrow.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

I think that 8 cars may be too big for the size of the elements that you have.
Just try weighting other cars with different amounts of weight, and im sure you can make it work =)

#48 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:26 PM

Actually, if you want more speed, you should weight the back cars. The way it works is if a cart is being pulled, the extra carts just add more and more drag. If you weight the back, it will push the front of the train, and minimize the drag as if it was not in the front. (Sorry for the bad grammar. :( ) I learned that in pinewood derby, I have tried it with coasters, and it truly works! :D I really like this coaster so far, it is much better than what you had before. I love it! :D

Signature not available 

#49 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Actually, if you want more speed, you should weight the back cars. The way it works is if a cart is being pulled, the extra carts just add more and more drag. If you weight the back, it will push the front of the train, and minimize the drag as if it was not in the front. (Sorry for the bad grammar. :( ) I learned that in pinewood derby, I have tried it with coasters, and it truly works! :D I really like this coaster so far, it is much better than what you had before. I love it! :D

I'm sorry to say that I demolished the whole thing except the lift, with school out, I should be able to create the hyper very fast, then I take it all apart again, except for the lift, and go back to this looper. I promise.

#50 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

That sucks! This was going to be really cool. I wish you good luck with your hyper!

How do you build a coaster?

#51 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

Darnnn..but good luck on the hyper for summer heat..I'm thinking about competing myself

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coming soon, joost12, new coaster