Tube Base

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

I would like to know if these tubes look good to you guys. Do you think they will give me any problems down the road. I've looked at some other tube supports and they mostly have connections o the rods and not the rod connectors.(the blue 3d piece) is there a reason for this? It feels strong to me, and I honk I'm gunna have them be a 6 or seven rod tube. Do you think I should space the rods evenly, or spread the connections out, if yo understand that. Thank you, help is appreciated very much.m

Note: I'm planing on making the tubes metallic green.

Posted Image
s1372.photobucket.com/user/At14thielen/media/imagejpg2_zpsc89825fe.jpg.html]Posted Image[/URL]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by REXENK, 01 June 2014 - 01:40 PM.
Forgot Pictures

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#2 sh340141

sh340141

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

They look alright to me...
One tip, have the connectors easily spread apart. I would recommend having at least 3 per rod.

#3 Terry Hughes

Terry Hughes

Knex Coaster Noob

• 147 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:11 AM

Agreed on 3 connectors per rod. With the micro I do 6 rod tubes and unless it's going to be 1 rod long I use different lengths to stagger the ladder connections:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5: Gatekeeper | Millennium Force | Magnum XL-200 | Excalibur | High Roller

WIP: Spongebob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge - VV recreation

#4 scott

scott

Architect

• 566 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

Personally, i love gump style tubes, strongest ones ive ever used, just gets weird for height at times. These look fine to me, they might have some weakness if they are being push a certain way, should do ok if you got enough of them.

Steam: rodimus113
MC and XBL: rodimuz
PC:
amd a4-3420, r5 230, 8gb ddr3 1333

#5 REXENK

REXENK

Learner of the tubes

• 216 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Ok, so I've put the tubes to use and they seem to work fine.(although a few more blue 3d connecters squeezed in there wouldn't do any harm) Also, I had to start on a new smaller coaster because the basement needs to be clean for the next couple weeks...Now if only I could move this thread into the Construction Forums.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment if you want:)

Posted Image

Thanks ~steelspectrum~!

#6 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

That is fantastic from top to bottom.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#7 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Looking good my friend.

Posted Image