• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:19 PM

Hello people of ssc. [201st post! :D]

With the unfortunate cancellation of "Corkscrew" I have had the most amount of votes in the poll which decided the next coaster I build.

But, I will one day return to corkscrew.

Now on to this coaster.
I lowered the station from a gray rod in height to a green rod.
I also didnt lower the pullout all the way to the ground because it was hard to stretch out the pullout without creating straight spots.
I think it turned out pretty well. But after this hill, I plan on doing an air hill that will lower to the ground.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Leave your toasters below.

#2 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

Whoops made a change.

Posted Image

#3 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:11 PM

Awesome. YOU are getting much better of a builder

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#4 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:47 PM

Looks nice!
Are you sure you want the pulloutto be so high? It is unique, but the drop will only be 2/3 the way down at the bottom of the pullout.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#5 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:54 PM

Looks nice!
Are you sure you want the pulloutto be so high? It is unique, but the drop will only be 2/3 the way down at the bottom of the pullout.

Thanks!
Yeah, I plan to do a small air hill that goes up a small amount but goes all the way down to the floor =)

#6 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:13 PM

I like the concept. I hope you can make it look good. Maybe you can make the air hill into a 180° upward turn with a drop to the ground, under the lift? Just an idea maybe...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#7 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:55 PM

.Shaping in general looks good, although I would recommend building your supports closer to the track and having more connections between them.

#8 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

If you don't have many of one color crossties, I suggest using yellow for the lift and green for the layout, or vise versa. That is what I do. If you don't have a lot of pieces, what if you were to try example: 6 green, 6 yellow, 6 green, ect. In a pattern? I think it would look cool!

In pieces logo thing

#9 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

If you don't have many of one color crossties, I suggest using yellow for the lift and green for the layout, or vise versa. That is what I do. If you don't have a lot of pieces, what if you were to try example: 6 green, 6 yellow, 6 green, ect. In a pattern? I think it would look cool!

That is a good idea, but I am sevearly colorblind and Can not tell Yellow from green no matter how hard I try :/

#10 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

Try and have someone seperate the two for you. That might help.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#11 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

This looks pretty good! But I would suggest using gray rods for the drop as it is pretty large.

#12 Gromit15

Gromit15

Strive For Perfection

• 388 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

That is a good idea, but I am sevearly colorblind and Can not tell Yellow from green no matter how hard I try :/

Sorry to hear that.. :(

In pieces logo thing

#13 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:38 PM

Sorry for the long wait, I've had to re-build a lot because some people have messed with the coaster, so from now on I'll be building in my room.

Thanks folks, Ill definitely keep all of that in mind =)

The photo quality compared to my other pictures may be different, this is because I just got a new camera, being the Canon Powershot LPH 130. This is a point-and-shoot compared to my Canon T3i DSLR.

I would like to know what you guys think of this concept :

I plan to make this air hill, shown below, drop to the floor.
Should I keep make the angle of the decent 25 degrees or 45? This is hard for me to determine because it only has about 2 gray rods to drop before it drops to the floor.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(Sorry for the messy room xD)

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#14 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

Looks very smooth. The only thing I would have to say is that the first part of the drop should have more cross ties, unless you added more. (This update doesn't show what I'm talking about) Look at the second picture. There are less CPF (Cross Ties Per Flexi) than the pullout.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#15 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

^ Why would he need more? He's got a pretty good amount in my opinion, and it's equal throughout the coaster so far.
Looks good, and I would say to make it about 35° at the steepest point, but keep it curvy. ;)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#16 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

Looks very good! I would love an overveiw because it looks like the drop turns some and I want to see what the entire drop looks like.

#17 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

Looks very good! I would love an overveiw because it looks like the drop turns some and I want to see what the entire drop looks like.

Thanks, the crest in this picture looks weird because it isnt connected to the lift.

Posted Image

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#18 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

• 890 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:11 PM

So many updates.
Check this out :

Posted Image

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#19 Yannick

Yannick

Colossos Forever

• 614 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

I like your logo and the rollercoaster you drawed

Posted Image

Coaster Count: 84

Check out My new Eurofighter

1- Colossos 2- Tatsu 3- Formula Rossa 4- Kraken 5- BlueFire 6- Hulk 7- Dragon Challenge 8- X2 9- Scream(SFMM) 10- Krake

#20 Dragon_drake_5012

Dragon_drake_5012

Annoying orange

• 214 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

Perfect logo, but the pullout is TERRIBLE:P.
You should go all the way up for the hill, then have a Leviathan turnaround.

http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l590/oneillperson/Banshee-1.jpg~original
Thanks ~steelspectrum~
Top ten:
1: Banshee 2: Diamondback 3: Beast 4: T Express 5: Steel dragon 2000 6: Leviathan 7: Dauling Dragon 8: Helix 9: expedition geforce 10: racer
(H) My name means dragon (H)
I am the only banshee man