• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

Hi everybody,

Me and Elijah (Jumpge) have done a Coaster Tour through the USA this summer. I will post seperate trip reports of the parks, because posting about the entire tour at once is impossible.

I flew to the USA on Thursday the 3rd of July. In the afternoon I departed from Amsterdam. I flew with IcelandAir, so after a stopover on Keflavik Airport in Iceland, I arrived in Boston in the evening.

On Sunday the 6th of July we went to Six Flags Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom to get our Six Flags Gold Passes. These passes give you free parking and entrance at all Six Flags parks. The day after, on Monday the 7th of July, the Coaster Trip began. We have been planning this trip for over a year, so we were both very excited.

We put all of our luggage in the car and we departed early from Elijah's place in Vermont.

Posted Image

We first drove to Albany (NY) and then we got on the 90 West to Buffalo (NY). We parked the car and we walked to the Niagara Falls, The Falls were amazing. I had never seen waterfalls this size before.

Posted Image
Posted Image

After we saw the Falls, we drove to Daisy Barn Campground which had a beautiful setting. The campground located on the shore of Lake Ontario.

Posted Image

On Tuesday the 8th of July we crossed the US/Canadian-border and we drove to the Canadian side of the Falls. Personally I like the Canadian side more than the US side. In the USA you are closer to the Falls, but in Canada you can get a better overview.

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

After we saw the Niagara Falls, we drove to Toronto to see the CN Tower. Although it rained that day, the view from the tower was spectacular.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Due to the horrible traffic in downtown Toronto it took us ages to get from the CN Tower to the nearest Wal-Mart. We bought food, drinks, other stuff and dinner at Wal-Mart. We were ashamed of ourselves for eating our Wal-Mart dinner on the Wal-Mart parking lot, but the chicken, potatoes and drinks were pretty good. After our visit to Wal-Mart we drove to our campground which was located near Canada's Wonderland. After we put up our tent we decided to drive to the park to redeem our Cedar Fair Platinum Passes - which would give us free parking and entrance at all the Cedar Fair parks - and to do some rides. That night we drove Leviathan, Behemoth and Vortex.
We spent the two next days in Canada's Wonderland. The park looks very nice and neat, I did not mind spending two days there.
The only negative side of Canada's Wonderland are the screenings at the entrance. They also check your bag for food. Whenever we were hungry we would leave the park and eat sandwiches on the parking lot. Then we would re-enter the park.

SkyRider and Vortex
Posted Image

Behemoth and Mighty Canadian Minebuster
Posted Image

Time Warp
Posted Image

Leviathan
Posted Image
Posted Image

As I said, the park looks beautiful
Posted Image

That was Canada's Wonderland
Posted Image

2014 Trip Park Count:
1. Canada's Wonderland
2. Six Flags Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom

2014 Trip Coaster Count and Opinion:

CANADA'S WONDERLAND

1. Leviathan: This beautiful-looking B&M is one of the best coasters I have ever ridden. The drop is jaw-dropping and the lay-out is excellent. A very smooth and enjoyable ride.
2. Behemoth: A very good B&M Mega. However, the pull-outs can be a bit bumpy and the helixes in the end are very intense, so they can make you feel a little sick. However, the hammerhead is superb, and the hills give you good airtime.
3. Dragon Fire: A rough ride, but the inversions are fun.
4. Vortex: This suspended is bit too intense for an Arrow, but nevertheless a fun ride.
5. Time Warp: A horrible ride, I almost lost my glasses on this one.
6. Back Lot Stunt Coaster: A fun ride with rather intense helixes in the beginning. The theming is nice.
7. Mighty Canadian Minebuster: A nice woodie with some good airtime, but also a bit rough.
8. Wild Beast: A very wild ride.
9. Thunder Run: A powered coaster inside the Wonder Mountain. We both laughed very hard about the tsjooooootsjooooooo train-imitation the operator did.
10. Fly: A good Wildmouse coaster.
11. Ghoster Coaster: A small but fun woodie located in the kids area.
12. SkyRider: A very funky stand-up coaster by Togo. The airhills in the end are fun but painful.
13. Wonder Mountain's Guardian: Due to the long line and the ride breaking down, we waited ages to ride this coaster. The shooting surprisingly accurate, and the dropping floor was super cool. However, it was not worth the long wait.

SIX FLAGS GREAT ESCAPE & SPLASHWATER KINGDOM

14. Canyon Blaster: A rough but fun ride.
15. Steamin' Demon: A fun ride with not too many sharp spots.
16. Comet: A very old and rough woodie with a ton of airtime.

Edited by Helmut, 17 August 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Posted Image

#2 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Very nice TR so far! I'm excited to see what you think of the other parks.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#3 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

Yes its very detailed. I hope when I'm older, I can go on a trip like this :D

^especially KI ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#4 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yes hopefully I could do a same coaster trip with one of my good coaster buddies. BUt then again I am the only one out of my friends who isn't afraid of coasters.

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#5 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:03 PM

Would I be able to use the first picture of Leviathan as my background? It's an amazing picture!
You guys are so lucky to go to all these parks, I am really jealous. Well I hope you have fun the rest of the time here!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coaster tour 2014