• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

Hey there guys, long time no see.
What I bring you today is going to be the coaster that gets me back into building, since I have not shown anything in what feels like forever, even though it's only been like 2 months. :P

Any who, I built this weird thing, now look at it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

So, I have no idea where I am going with this one besides the drop. I think I am going to do a non-inverting, faced-paced, intense coaster, much like Maarten's Full Circuit. But, any suggestions are always welcome.

Edit: sorry for the large pictures, I'm still learning my new Canon T3. ;)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#2 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

Looks nice
Not sure if it should be described as B&M.

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#3 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:07 PM

I think you could make a nice wingrider, if you based the drop like the one on OldHag's coaster. Then made a 0-Groll type element parallel to the lift. I don't know, just a suggestion.

#4 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:23 PM

Looks nice Zach, glad that you finally posted it.

#5 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Looks, fantastic! Could someone please explain to me the differences between Vekoma, B&M, Intamin, etc. I have no idea what makes a coaster a 'B&M', or 'Intamin.'

#6 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

Those are who manufactured the coaster. Intamins are like millennium for space and maverick while BM is appolos chariot and raptor. Then there is sad an friendless vekoma who is know for their painfully rough boomerangs

Anyways you just keep building bigger and bigger. I like that. The coaster looks good so far. I feel you should make it a mini BM mega with mini parabolic airtime hills

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#7 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

B&M (Bolliger and Mabillard), Intamin, Vekoma, etc. are real-life roller coaster design firms. Most often SSC builders will have an idea of what they want to build before starting a project, which usually includes a specific real-life firm and coaster type to base it off of. Builders also often include the firm's design tendencies and shaping styles.

If you don't know a lot about real coasters, a great way to start would be to look through Roller Coaster DataBase

Edited by pkiknex25, 26 August 2014 - 08:35 PM.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#8 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:16 PM

Looks nice, "non inverting, fast paced intense coaster" so basically you're going to make the first B&M megalite, with a turning drop? :P

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#9 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:43 AM

I like the idea of a non-inverting B&M megalite. Kinda cool. But you should just throw in a random inversion in to make it weirder.

#10 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:56 AM

B&M already made a mega-lite Hollywood Dream: The Ride - Universal Studios Japan (Osaka, Osaka, Japan)

#11 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Hey guys, sorry for no quote replies, but thank you for your wonderful comments! (eek)

Anyway, I am in a HUGE rush to get this done by tomorrow for the "Hypers O' Plenty" competition, and have completely run out of motivation. :(
I have run out because I have no idea where I am going with this coaster. It would mean a LOT if any of you had any ideas for the layout, so I can get it finished in time. Thanks guys.
Here is what I have so far:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Again, any and all layout ideas are extremely helpful. I should be able to work all of today and tomorrow because I am sick.
Thanks guys. :)

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#12 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

Ah crap, double post. Sorry again for the large images too. :(

Edited by -=Zach=-, 30 August 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Posted Image

#13 +Timmeh+

+Timmeh+

ranting somewhere about something

• 890 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Images being big is mostly a good thing. I like high resolution.
This reminds me slightly of nexus
Looking great!

Sic Parvis Magna
TimmehTheAmazing

#14 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Looking great! Part of me wants you to finish, part of me doesn't want you too. ;) What happened to your Intamin Blitz?

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#15 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:43 PM

I really like how the drop transitions from not-very-banked at the top to more banked as it goes down. I think a series of ejector airhills would fit this ride really well. You've kinda pushed yourself into a corner though.

#16 JayketheKid

JayketheKid

A.K.A J-Coasters

• 953 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

Some quick snappy twists would be cool, and some air hills would work too

(1)- Voyage (2)- X2 (3)- Steel Vengeance (4)- Twisted Colossus (5)- Storm Chaser [6]- Fury 325 (7)- Outlaw Run (8)- Maverick (9)- Magnum XL-200 (10)- Monster

Coaster Count: 174

Park Count: 25

#17 Old_Hag

Old_Hag

Lead Engineer

• 2205 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:49 PM

All the shaping looks great, I think you can take advantage of being cornered as ^ said by doing a high speed turn into an overbank set into the corner.

#18 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

Looks very good man, love the drop. As ^ said, a cool twisty overbank would fit well.

#19 Cobra Roller

Cobra Roller

I have all six Infinity Stones

• 728 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

The drop actually reminds me of a non-inverted version of Alpengeist. For rushing, your shaping is great. Your base looks solid, as well as your supports. Build on bud.

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:03 PM

The drop looks incredible. As does the first element. Fantastic shaping son.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: b&m, thezachman28, twisty