Dollar Wrestler

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:51 AM

I'm back after several months of being addicted to league of legends and playing the shit out of it (prob still bronze 5 lol need to finish placements)! I decided to just do a smaller sized eurofighter, back to what i know best. :D I just started it up today, only have the lift and drop done. It's 3.5 grey rods tall not including the base, and I think the drop is a little steeper than how much I usually make it. 

Overview

Attached File  1.JPG   151.36KB   1 downloads

Attached File  2.JPG   146.33KB   0 downloads

Pullout

Attached File  3.JPG   143.73KB   0 downloads

Edit: lol Why are the pictures upside down? I uploaded then the right way, they were upside down. I tried to make it upside down in the actual picture so maybe it would show up normal on here but it was still upside down. Does this have to do with me using an iphone 5?

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 01 May 2016 - 12:57 AM.

39751.png

Sad that I no longer have 69 internets

Current Project: Un-named Eurofighter

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 07:56 AM

Pretty cool to have it hanging from th ceiling ;)

But seriously, not sure why they are upside down

#3 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:10 PM

Yay, FrIeDeGgS is back! Heyyy :D I've been having the same issue with pictures as well. I don't see anything wrong with what you have built. Also, are you going to keep the name as "Dollar Wrestler"?  

Edited by SCM, 01 May 2016 - 12:12 PM.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#4 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Hey, welcome back from LOL! Didn't you build an SS-style coaster a while ago? Huh. That drop almost reminds me of Cannibal at Lagoon, which looks insane.

I'm also curious about the name...

#5 Dragunov!

Dragunov!

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:50 PM

Well, this looks to be a fun build!

Really Crummy Contraptions designed by Apes

IMG_5782-300x200.jpg

#6 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:51 PM

That's is one nice very steep drop there. I had/have a few problems with sideways pictures from the iPads I take some of my images from. Usually paint sorts them out but it is a little annoying when it doesn't. Maybe try saving as a different file type or something if you can.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#7 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

Pretty cool to have it hanging from th ceiling ;)

But seriously, not sure why they are upside down

Anti gravity house :)

Yay, FrIeDeGgS is back! Heyyy :D I've been having the same issue with pictures as well. I don't see anything wrong with what you have built. Also, are you going to keep the name as "Dollar Wrestler"?  

Yay I'm back!

Hey, welcome back from LOL! Didn't you build an SS-style coaster a while ago? Huh. That drop almost reminds me of Cannibal at Lagoon, which looks insane.

I'm also curious about the name...

I don't own any SS sadly. I considered recreating that but then I was like nahhh. The name is just similar to eurofighter, euro = dollar, fighter = wrester. Hope you know what I mean

Well, this looks to be a fun build!

Thanks!

That's is one nice very steep drop there. I had/have a few problems with sideways pictures from the iPads I take some of my images from. Usually paint sorts them out but it is a little annoying when it doesn't. Maybe try saving as a different file type or something if you can.

On my old computer when I transferred the pictures onto it they would appear upside down but I could rotate it and it would show up fine on the site, but it shows up normally when I transfer the pictures onto my new computer, and then upside down on the site so that kinda confuses me...

I'll be honest, I only started building again because the power went out for about five hours last week. :P I made a loop, but it looks lopsided to me even though I made both sides the same... It's a little shaky but I'll fix that by next update.

Pictures 

1_zpscl9fepup.jpg

2_zpsbxqyxgkm.jpg

3_zpszmqpmorz.jpg

And also a video. :)

Anyone have any suggestions for what element to make next? I'm currently not sure.

Edit: I fixed the pictures being upside down when I put them on photobucket instead of just uploading them on here, so maybe its something with the site and pictures off of apple devices?

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 14 June 2016 - 05:36 PM.

39751.png

#8 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:32 PM

I'm surprised to see you here! :) You should make an inversion next. Also, the pullout after the main drop is really long, are you sure you want it to be that long?

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#9 Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Golden State blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 NBA Finals.

• 786 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

Pretty heckin good. I like the shaping of the loop. :rfro:

banner_georgia_scorcher3_sfog_0.jpg?itok

#10 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:40 PM

The loop is pretty good. I'd say the first half is smoother than the second half so if you can, you might just want to iron out that sharp spot at the support. Still, you've done a good job juggling the height, the supports and the length of the track pieces so I commend you for that.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#11 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 07:59 PM

I'm surprised to see you here! :) You should make an inversion next. Also, the pullout after the main drop is really long, are you sure you want it to be that long?

Me too! Thanks for the advice lol. I kinda like the pullout being that long, and I considered making Cannibal but without the elevator lift but then I realized this is micro knex.

Pretty heckin good. I like the shaping of the loop. :rfro:

Thanks!

The loop is pretty good. I'd say the first half is smoother than the second half so if you can, you might just want to iron out that sharp spot at the support. Still, you've done a good job juggling the height, the supports and the length of the track pieces so I commend you for that.

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it because I was never too good with loops for some reason. I can't seem to find the sharp spot you're talking about, but it's probably just because I've been looking at it for so long. 

I've actually had this part done for a while, but I was too lazy to post it until now, too much LoL y'know... I can't recall the name of this element, but I think it was used on one of Gvus' coasters. The lighting is pretty bad, but I wanted to do it now because I probably wouldn't have gotten it done if I waited til early in the morning on a weekend for good lighting..

Overview

1_zpsmoxe6e0g.jpg

The element I don't remember the name of

2_zpshyaimdwp.jpg

More views

3_zpsdcphds4w.jpg

4_zps38hiq3zd.jpg

5_zpsgctdb7jc.jpg

The top

6_zpsrb1svfqa.jpg

The entrance 

7_zpsmgy0kket.jpg

The exit

8_zpsydm2frjc.jpg

This just sorta looks cool

9_zpswelnjdjn.jpg

Also made a video this time :)

What do you think?

39751.png

#12 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:38 PM

I have no idea what that element is, but it sure looks elegant. I think it would look better if the inclined half loop was circular and not an oval. If you want, that is.

Edited by SCM, 18 November 2016 - 09:38 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#13 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:21 AM

This looks fantastic, and has great speed too! I would say the element is a crossed horseshoe roll or a tilted batwing :P

#14 K1ngdaKa88

K1ngdaKa88

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 03:50 AM

Looks very nice and smooth as well. I'm looking forward for the finished coaster :)

Count: 211 (192 Steel & 19 Wood) 37 Parks

YouTube: www.youtube.com/k1ngdaka88

Disclaimer: Sorry if my english isn't perfect, I'm from Switzerland!

#15 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

You did a fantastic with that element. (I have no idea what it's called) Keep working on it! 

How do you build a coaster?

#16 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 10:48 PM

Looks awesome you keep speed pretty well in this element, maybe a corkscrew or barrel roll can be in the layout to come!

#17 CrayCray for coasters

CrayCray for coasters

Construction Foreman

• 292 posts

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:11 PM

Me too! Thanks for the advice lol. I kinda like the pullout being that long, and I considered making Cannibal but without the elevator lift but then I realized this is micro knex.

Thanks!

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it because I was never too good with loops for some reason. I can't seem to find the sharp spot you're talking about, but it's probably just because I've been looking at it for so long. 

I've actually had this part done for a while, but I was too lazy to post it until now, too much LoL y'know... I can't recall the name of this element, but I think it was used on one of Gvus' coasters. The lighting is pretty bad, but I wanted to do it now because I probably wouldn't have gotten it done if I waited til early in the morning on a weekend for good lighting..

Overview

1_zpsmoxe6e0g.jpg

The element I don't remember the name of

2_zpshyaimdwp.jpg

More views

3_zpsdcphds4w.jpg

4_zps38hiq3zd.jpg

5_zpsgctdb7jc.jpg

The top

6_zpsrb1svfqa.jpg

The entrance 

7_zpsmgy0kket.jpg

The exit

8_zpsydm2frjc.jpg

This just sorta looks cool

9_zpswelnjdjn.jpg

Also made a video this time :)

What do you think? 

the element in question i belive is called a pretzel knot does look sightly different but oddly similar, sorry for the super late post...

Edited by CrayCray for coasters, 22 March 2020 - 05:37 AM.

hello there.   I'm CrayCray for Coasters and i truly am

YT: https://www.youtube....TtN7habMCySGc0A

#18 Wyatt

Wyatt

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:23 PM

I'm loving how this is turning out The inversions look good.

#19 FrIeDeGgS

FrIeDeGgS

Eurofighter Enthusiast

• 805 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:17 PM

I have no idea what that element is, but it sure looks elegant. I think it would look better if the inclined half loop was circular and not an oval. If you want, that is.

Thanks! It probably would look better if the 2nd half went out to the left more, but oh well.

This looks fantastic, and has great speed too! I would say the element is a crossed horseshoe roll or a tilted batwing :P

Thanks!

Looks very nice and smooth as well. I'm looking forward for the finished coaster :)

Thanks!

You did a fantastic with that element. (I have no idea what it's called) Keep working on it! 

Thanks!

Looks awesome you keep speed pretty well in this element, maybe a corkscrew or barrel roll can be in the layout to come!

Thanks! Turns out I put both in the layout...

the element in question i belive is called a pretzel knot does look sightly different but oddly similar, sorry for the super late post...

Yeah it is like a pretzel knot, although the middle is at an incline and not vertical.

I'm loving how this is turning out The inversions look good.

Thanks!

It has been quite a long while, but I'm finally back with an update... It's been three and a half years and honestly I haven't done much with this coaster. It is mostly finished now, but there are some things I need to re-profile before I'll be satisfied with this. After what I'm calling the inclined pretzel knot, I added a MCBR, with a right-hand turn and corkscrew, then a left-hand turn into the station, and a jojo roll and some turns for the pre-lift. It's mainly the pre-lift section I'm going to be re-doing, but I might change the station too. I don't like the exit of the jojo roll that much, and the pre-lift section was made last and it's pretty clear that I was running out of pieces, which I now have more of.

gallery_2328_1107_2409450.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_914387.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_2414297.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_1808887.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_1020991.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_2087699.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_66485.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_2299094.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_3468530.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_416266.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_114470.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_1302781.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_1155170.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_84065.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_1557450.jpg

gallery_2328_1107_500559.jpg

Video has finally finished uploading to Youtube, so here it is.

I still don't have a name for this, so any suggestions you guys have are greatly appreciated.

Edited by FrIeDeGgS, 27 March 2020 - 02:44 AM.

• JohnnyR24 likes this

39751.png

#20 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 March 2020 - 07:42 PM

Coaster looks great, glad to see the nearly finished product!

I'm just in shock that there's an update, I thought the thread got bumped! What did you do with the ride for 3 whole years in between the last update and now??

Posted Image