Which coaster for knexpert simifinals?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Which coaster?

Which coaster?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 11:11 PM

I have been selected as one of the knexpert semifinalists. I originally entered 2 entries. K'nex notified me saying that they liked both of my entries equally and I could choose only 1 to advance. Which coaster should I choose to advance? I made a poll but please comment on why you chose the coaster you did as it would be helpful for me.

Option 1:

Moliath

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

OR...

Ballistic Missle

Posted Image

Posted Image

THANKS!!!

Edited by dgohstand, 23 September 2014 - 11:20 PM.

How do you build a coaster?

#2 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

Well a lot of the models I've seen in the contest in the past have been pretty big so at least you have that sorted. I'd probably go for Ballistic Missle (Missile? I don't know. I'm not American) because it has a good range of elements and is pretty imposing anyway.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#3 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:20 AM

IDK, honestly. What age division would you be in. In other words, do me and my Riptide have to worry about you?

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#4 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

Now that's rude. ;)

I've always imagined that winning K'NEXpert come naturally to SSC members. Maybe not, but the bigger, the better, it seems. Don't waste your tears to enter. The chances are closer than you think.

Good luck.

Formally RK500

#5 Coasterman345

Coasterman345

Carp Diem

• 610 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:38 PM

^How is that being rude? I just want to know if he and I will be in the same age category. If he is he is competition. Honestly, I don't which one has a better shot.

[SIGPIC]

Signature (Current)

[/SIGPIC]

“Reality continues to ruin my life.” ― Bill Watterson

#6 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

I'd go with the first one that is very tall. From I can tell, the contest and random set of voters for Knexpert do not care about the quality standards of this site. It is more about the perceived shock factor.

#7 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

I would go for Moliath. When people vote, they look for "wow factors" and Moiliath has a wow factor! ;)

Signature not available 

#8 dgohstand

dgohstand

Construction Foreman

• 198 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

Thanks everybody! I decided to go with Ballistic Missle (it's spelled wrong for a reason)because friends, family and I like it better. I understand what you guys were talking about the whole "wow" factor. It was a close call but at the end I made the call. Thanks again!

Ps.

IDK, honestly. What age division would you be in. In other words, do me and my Riptide have to worry about you?

I'm in the 13-14 age group.

How do you build a coaster?

#9 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:51 PM

Thanks everybody! I decided to go with Ballistic Missle (it's spelled wrong for a reason)because friends, family and I like it better. I understand what you guys were talking about the whole "wow" factor. It was a close call but at the end I made the call. Thanks again!

Ps. I'm in the 13-14 age group.

I made myself sound like a know-it-all and a jerk in my first comment. Please forgive me for my jerk comment. I hate it when I do that. All in all it is your decision, and you made a great one! :) I am sorry for making my comment sound like it has to be law. Sorry. :(

Signature not available