My trip to Six Flags Great Adventure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:08 PM

This Sunday I took a trip to Six Flags Great Adventure, and it was awesome! I don't know why I sike myself out on the way there, but I did like I always do before an amusement park. When we got there, I imediatly felt really nervous, the coasters looked so high and big. I felt like I was 5 years old again looking up at them saying it was too big. I realized I needed to get a grip on myself, and walked in the park. Since Green Lantern was the closest thing in the park, we headed there. It had no Line whatsoever, we walked through the cue line, and hopped right on. Literally. The seats felt "okay" but nothing to write home about, it crushed me somewhere down below. It kind of hurt...
But, the only thing I found thrilling, was the fact you are standing up, besides that it was incredibly boring in my opinion. Th driest loop was exciting, but the rest didn't seem to good of a layout. After that, we decided to make our way to Kingda Ka, the line was about a 25 minute wait, it wasn't bad at all. As we climbed into the train, my heart started pounding a million miles an hour, it also doesn't help we had to be the train to load and make out way to the launch track, only to wait for Zumanjaro Drop Of Doom. But the second those breakfins hissed, I knew I was going to love it. I had me head back, and before we knew it, we were going 128 mph. Completely astonishig! I couldn't imagine how much fun it was going to be, I really like speeds, but not hieghts. As we climbed the top hat, I couldn't really tell we were that hiegh, but there was a split second as we crested the hill and started to go down, that all you see is parking lot. I felt like I was going to fly out, but as soon as we went down I didn't really have time to think about how high we just were. It was thrilling, I couldn't believe how much fun it was! Next, we stood in line for Zumanjaro Drop of Doom, holy crap was I scared. I hate hights to a point where I can't look out the window from the upstairs attic, but I knew I would like it. As soon as we boarded, I felt a sense of dread, because I knew I was going to hate the ride up. I closed my eyes half the way up, but decdied I shouldn't be a wuss anymore and should open the , I did and hated what I saw. Right when the gondolas stopped climbing, I looked down. My whole body jolted like a flash of lightning, all of a sudden I couldnt breathe and I felt sick. But right when we got dropped, I loved the way down. So fast and thrilling, but I already swore I would do it only once and never again. I thought it was okay, but my ears popped on the way down, not up. It hurt like heck. Why did they pop on the way down? Anyway, an extra we headed towards El Toro oh my gosh was it fun! It is the best ride there, I couldn't believe how fast it felt, and it never let up. It always threw something new and you, and I loved it! Next we rode Bizzaro, the floor less coaster. It was very smooth and fun, but I didn't think it was scary at all. I think we rode the Dark Night next, I didn't really like that ride, but that's all I hae to say about. I also didn't like space mountain, it was too rough for me. We rode Batman next, and it was fun. I really am surprised at how many elements were packed into a small space. Nitro was next, and it was the bomb! Oh my gosh! I could ride Nitro all day and night! It is the smoothest coaster there in my opinion, it rocked! The only thing I didn't like about it was the long chairlift up and the long lines. But it was worth it! I really think that the lap bar is the most comfortable lap bar I ever experianced, I wish every coaster had them! The was the reason I kept my hands up the whole time, because it was that smooth! My favorite ride of the day is tied between Nitro and El Toro, but If I had to choose, i would pick El Toro, it is just way to much fun! The only coaster we didn't ride was Superman, now I am kicking myself for not doing it, did I miss much? Anyway, here are my final opinions.
- Grean Lantern (It was fun to stand up, but it really didn't impress me)
- Kingda Ka (just wow! Words don't explain how much fun it is, it blows my mind)
- Zumanjaro Drop of Doom ( I hate it but love it at the same time, make sense? ;) )
- El Toro ( It has incredible airtime, and is really high paced. It is the best ride there)
- Bizzaro (smooth and fun, but not really thrilling. But the layout is great! )
- Dark Night (ehh, I guess. I am not a fan of wild mouse rides...)
- Skull Mountain ( In my opinion, it was way to rough to be fun, but it's still fun because it's in the dark.)
- Batman (incredibly fun but kind of rough. Although I am impressed on how many elements were squeezed in that tiny space.)
- Nitro ( my favorite steel coaster on earth, it is so smooth and the lap bar is comfortable. It is a lot of fun!)

Well, that about sums it up! I overcame my fear of hieghts, and had a great day. One of the best days of my life! :)

Signature not available 

#2 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:45 AM

Glad to hear you had a great time - personally I loved the park and all the rides, but I do agree that El Toro is one of the best =)

#3 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

Glad you had a good trip! I, myself, am excited to be in the same Fall environent when I travel there in late October!

Formally RK500

#4 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:47 PM

Sounds awesome! I agree with you that El Toro is the best ride there, Kingda Ka and Nitro are close seconds. You didn't miss a whole lot with Superman; it's a unique experience because it's a flyer, but the layout doesn't pack a whole lot of thrill. Good to hear you enjoyed your trip!

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel