carolina cyclone carowinds knex lego

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hey guys, back again. Ive been looking forward to this one for a while. This will be the fourth time Ive tried to do this one, and hopefully this one will work. We all know how my first attempt went... http://www.sscoaster...-cancled-10466/ Second one I gave up on after the second loop, and the last one I barely got the first turn done. Thankfully my patience has gotten a lot better since the last time Ive tried to build this, so here we go!
The reason I chose Carolina Cyclone is because it is the coaster that really solidified my addiction to coasters, it is the first one that I really liked.

Pictures:
Posted Image
Posted Image

And also, OMG you guys I have actual space to build in! Since I finished my last one, we finished a new storage building at our house and I finally got the corner that I have reserved for years now :P
Posted Image
New space
Posted Image
With the above lift hill in it.

Edited by Legoguy1395, 16 November 2014 - 04:41 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#2 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:49 PM

Looks like you have a lot of space! Would be a dream to build in a space like that. It looks really good right now!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#3 CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

CoasterWarriorUnlessSleeping

loves the new acronym

• 121 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:03 PM

That must be a very good feeling having that much building space. :0

I'm very excited to see this built, and it looks excellent already.

#4 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Dang, that's a lot of room! Good luck on this one, looks good so far.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#5 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

New update. Well something happened. After internally debating long and hard, I decided that I will do tube supports on this coaster, something that a few years ago I swore I'd never do! I guess Ill try to recreate the supports as close as possible as well, already got that with the lift hill.

I am going to beef up the first turn later, sometimes it doesn't make it all the way around, but when it does, it always makes the loop.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Shaping at the end not final.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Skyrush|New Texas Giant|Outlaw Run|Intimidator 305|Bizarro|X2|Voyage|Boulder dash|Leviathan|Maverick

My youtube channel!

#6 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:22 PM

The shaping looks fine but I would suggest supporting everything more, now. Especially since you are using gray box widths, support you have now doesn't seem to be that strong. If you are not going to have tons of cross ties, beef up your supports now, and results later will be overwhelmingly better. And if you notice that when fully supported, and the train does not always make the turn, adjust it then instead of waiting longer and longer to support it. Just a tip

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#7 CCI

CCI

Getting Furious in 2015

• 2019 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:52 PM

It may be the angle but it looks like the support halfway through the turn is leaning. You may want to find a way to weigh the supports down. Looks good otherwise!

Posted Image

l El Toro l Fury325 l I305 l Skyrush l RFII l

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

My RCT2 Projects!

RCT2 Help/Download

#8 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:57 AM

That is a very nice loop, but as you said you just need to fix the turn supports. Apart from that continue!

#9 NFC

NFC

Construction Foreman

• 148 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:45 PM

You might wanna add some extra green flex rods around the turn. Since there is not that much supporting that will reduce a lot of flexing in the turn. Keeps the momentum of the car from slowing down.

#10 timtimlaz

timtimlaz

Please call me Tim....

• 1516 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:54 PM

How strong is it? Looks like it would shake. You should strengthen it up so you'll have more speed overall. If you don't have the parts then I understand, but if you have the parts then please do it. The shaping looks pretty good.

#11 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:08 AM

I would work a little on the entrance to the corner, try layering your flexi rods and maybe play with the supports a little bit.

#12 Legoguy1395

Legoguy1395

Construction Foreman

• 260 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

New update.

Got the double loop done, it makes it though with plenty of speed. It always makes it through the first turn now, even though it gets a little slow still. Supports will be taped down later.

Posted Image
Posted Image
The last airhill isn't final.

And the test video, uploaded in glorious 60 fps. You have to go to youtube to get it to work.
https://www.youtube....h?v=KiGfUejYDl4
=)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My youtube channel!

#13 -=Zach=-

-=Zach=-

How do I tubes?

• 1550 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Not gonna lie, that looks really good.

Posted Image

Maverick|MF|Diamondback|Hulk|Banshee|Raptor|The Bat|Mean Streak|The Beast|DD Ice

Diamondback count: 586 Banshee count: 197

[23:45:59] Im gonna take a selfie with you tomorrow and show my mom that you are not a rapist

#14 Gvus

Gvus

Just ride

• 1595 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

This looks amazing, I love the long train.

#15 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

The shaping looks pretty accurate and you have most of the supports fairly well spot on but I would slant the loop supports in a bit more like on the real ride. It would reduce the shaking as well as making the model closer to the actual thing. Apart from that though. Very good work.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum