titan helmut

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

The model is absolutely stunning. It is a great piece of work. The video definitely lacks in quality, though. I am not a fan of the music, but that is not the reason for me. Video clips are blurry (damn you, autofocus), shots are uninspired, tricks like the moving camera and a partial backwards POV are either ill-performed or (again) uninspired. A good video has a rich connection between the images and the audio, but I think that they hardly co-operate in this video. It's a shame, because this fantastic model deserved a great final video.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#122 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:57 AM

The model is absolutely stunning. It is a great piece of work. The video definitely lacks in quality, though. I am not a fan of the music, but that is not the reason for me. Video clips are blurry (damn you, autofocus), shots are uninspired, tricks like the moving camera and a partial backwards POV are either ill-performed or (again) uninspired. A good video has a rich connection between the images and the audio, but I think that they hardly co-operate in this video. It's a shame, because this fantastic model deserved a great final video.

If you look at Helmer's history of models, his final videos are never cinematic and usually just include the fundamentals of a final video (multiple shots of the coaster, an effect or two going to some music). This model is absolutely fantastic and yes, a final video would have topped it off, but a final video is not the only way to judge a model. Whether it is a good final or not, this is easily one of the best, if not the best coaster on this site.

Good job setting the bar here Helmer. It's a lot to live up to, especially since the flawless shaping and size were executed with tubes. Any mistakes that were addressed during construction were immediately fixed as criticism is only for the best and you understand that. I think that's what makes you one of the best builders on this site. It also allows you to create the flawless models like we see here today :P! Nice work dude.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: titan helmut