lambchopz

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:51 AM

Alrighty, I got the punny title out of the way, hi SSC again! I've been on for maybe two or three times over the past few months, but I'm not dead and I'm still trying to build when I can. I have a structure up from the summer I haven't touched since August and I'm hoping that if I'm not too busy over these next couple of weeks before I start school again, I will share it with everyone! So, anywho, just wanted to formally say that I'm in full swing back on SSC, just not necessarily building.

Right now, I'm working on a ton of things at once: independently studying "counterpoint" and "harmony" to increase my music theory and composition skills, working on arranging music, working on writing music, and am working on publishing my particle physics research with CERN before I go back for my second semester at college. Luckily, throughout all the turmoil of having to drop my first university in late august a few days before classes started to switch to the local branch campus of a second university because of money issues, I'm still pulling practically perfect grades. Hopefully, now that I'm in the swing of things, I'll be able to make some room for building now that I'm on break for the next three weeks and will be using AP physics credits to lessen my workload for the rest of the academic year.

Anyway, since the holidays are around, I started the challenge/tradition of arranging holiday music for brass band around the middle of December. This year, I started on the 17th and just finished up earlier today. It is primarily, if not entirely, Christmas-related, but I did try to variate the selection of pieces. Let me know what you think of it!

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

#2 Kool Coaster Kid

Kool Coaster Kid

Fellow Canadian

• 2102 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:57 AM

I like it a lot! What did you use to record the instruments? Is it live or in a DAW?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^Thanks Steel^

1) Leviathan 2) Behemoth 3) Vortex 4) Sheikra 5) Kumba 6) Kraken 7) Montu 8) Manta 9) Dragon Fire 10) Gwazi

#3 LaMbChOpZ

LaMbChOpZ

Lead Particle Physicist and Musical Orchestrator

• 2812 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:21 AM

I don't have any additional sampled styles in Finale, so I use the basic Garritan Instruments with the Garritan Ambience filter (yes, it's spelled with the "e" instead of an "a"). I do modify the volume levels and directions in the mixer, along with deeper settings like reverb and whatnot.

Member of a few physics experiments; Orchestrator and/or Copyist for a few musicals.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lambchopz