Diving into the world of electronic's

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Zorn

Zorn

I build stuff

• 1108 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

Over the next few weeks I hope to slowly update my progress on some electronic's I've been working on. This includes my progress on the Arduino. (just waiting on a few more parts from China, it takes forever to ship stuff to Canada)

I'm going to start with the motor I purchased back when I did Dragon Fire. (for reference, this is the one I purchased: McMaster-Carr ) I'm very happy with the performance of this motor, it sure beats hooking up half a dozen grey knex motors, and for any long term displays I feel it's the way to go. Anyways, I purchased 2 more and decided to come up with a better way to mount them within the K'nex system. (old mounting system can be seen here IMG_0029_zps1f5cf5bc.jpg Photo by Killerteeth | Photobucket)

As with most things I build, a CAD drawing comes along with it:

Posted Image

I'm pretty lucky to have full access to a CNC machine through my workplace. It makes for some awesome projects.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The base fits perfectly onto some blue rod boxes (I may cut a base for yellow rod boxes if I need to in the future)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm happy with how it turned out, gives me a super study system to work with, that has lots of adjustment for flexibility.

Next update should include some (hopefully automatic) station gates.

Check me out

Youtube

#2 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

Looks really nice! I'm also currently doing a project on a station that's fully automated.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.