• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#121 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

Posted Image
That is huge! I didn't realize the size of this build until right now. I especially like the first picture.

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#122 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:43 PM

Thanks again for having me over Chris, it was great to actually see the beast in action! And if also learned how to make some pretty over-effective brakes! :P
Anyway, fantastic ride and I can't wait to see the final video! :D

#123 G Force

G Force

Yea Man

• 1098 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

Absolutely stellar, wonderful construction and shaping. Impressive layout as well for the issues you had, I quite like the post MCBR section with the bridge and buckle.

#124 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

You dug a trench and built a bridge over it. That's awesome.

#125 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

That is a sick, sick coaster. Building an underground section is something I have always wanted to do, but have just never gotten around to it. I think that looks awesome. Could you potentially put a cover over where the bridge section is to really complete the underground look? Just a thought.

Seriously, though, that is a phenomenal build. Nice work.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#126 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:23 PM

That is huge! I didn't realize the size of this build until right now. I especially like the first picture.

Haha. Thank you.

Thanks again for having me over Chris, it was great to actually see the beast in action! And if also learned how to make some pretty over-effective brakes! :P
Anyway, fantastic ride and I can't wait to see the final video! :D

It was great to see it in action with another member for the first time as well. Wait no longer. :D Thank you.

Absolutely stellar, wonderful construction and shaping. Impressive layout as well for the issues you had, I quite like the post MCBR section with the bridge and buckle.

Thank you. It was interesting getting those parts outside.

You dug a trench and built a bridge over it. That's awesome.

Well, my dad dug the trench because secretly he didn't want me making a huge mess of the lawn but yeah, it's there. Thanks a lot.

That is a sick, sick coaster. Building an underground section is something I have always wanted to do, but have just never gotten around to it. I think that looks awesome. Could you potentially put a cover over where the bridge section is to really complete the underground look? Just a thought.

Seriously, though, that is a phenomenal build. Nice work.

There was some wood on it at one point according to my dad but he moved it and I never put it back. It would be pretty cool to have a glass floor there in real life anyway. ;) Thank you.

The brakes I was talking about:
Posted Image

And WTFLOLROFLLMAOLOLSEGRFHDFKGULHI IT'S HERE!!!

Thank you for the amazing support throughout. It's been hard. Strenuous at times (a lot of times) but we made it. I don't have time just now to add a database entry. I'll probably do it later tonight so that's all I have for now. I hope you've enjoyed it because I certainly did. Roll on the breakdown. :D

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#127 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

Fantastic Chris! This is your best coaster yet! I really enjoyed the video, especially the POV ;)

#128 GravitySnake

GravitySnake

Construction Worker

• 124 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

As far as I can tell the only points of complaint are the non-linearism of the lift hill's track and the steep pullout of the first drop.

Other than that, this:

http://www.beckersho...112109_Sign.jpg

Edited by GravitySnake, 28 July 2015 - 08:07 PM.
RIDICULOUSLY EPIC AWESOMENESSES

#129 Jumpge

Jumpge

Stopping by every now and then!

• 3930 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

I just sat down an prepared myself for 6 minutes of awesomeness. I wasn't displeased or let down what so ever. Wonderful work.

Posted Image

#130 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

I was wondering how you could make a 6 and half minute video keep it's interest. My question was answered the moment I recognized the song. I love how your video of the ride built with the song. Great song choice and great editing!

Oh, and a great coaster too!

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#131 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:12 PM

Epic. This coaster is a massive accomplishment, made even more impressive by the fact that it's built completely with tubes and is so solid even at such a large scale. As was already said, the 6-minute final video did not disappoint!

#132 Connector1o1

Connector1o1

Basic Engineer

• 1236 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

What an exciting success. The video was paced really well and it did not have a boring or dull moment. As others pointed out I wondered how a 6 minute long video could be so interesting, but it worked splendidly. Great job!

Signature not available 

#133 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:03 AM

Epic, epic stuff. I got chills when the music slams in and the ride takes off.
Beautiful model, by the way.

#134 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

My compliments. This looks epic. Assembling rides in the backyard is such a hassle.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#135 Helmut

Helmut

Das Beste oder Nichts

• 3012 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

I completely agree with what the other members said about the model and the video. You can be very proud on this huge accomplishment, especially because it has not always been easy. I am very impressed by the model and your persistence, wonderful work Chris.

Posted Image

#136 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:29 PM

Fantastic Chris! This is your best coaster yet! I really enjoyed the video, especially the POV ;)

Thank you. :D

As far as I can tell the only points of complaint are the non-linearism of the lift hill's track and the steep pullout of the first drop.

Other than that, this:

http://www.beckersho...112109_Sign.jpg

Yes, they were a couple of annoying things that arose from that filming session but I only had limited time to film it so fixing all the minor problems would've been impossible. As long as it worked well, I was pretty happy. Thank you. :D

I just sat down an prepared myself for 6 minutes of awesomeness. I wasn't displeased or let down what so ever. Wonderful work.

Thabk you.:D

I was wondering how you could make a 6 and half minute video keep it's interest. My question was answered the moment I recognized the song. I love how your video of the ride built with the song. Great song choice and great editing!

Oh, and a great coaster too!

The song was one of the things that kept me going throughout, knowing that it was going to fit pretty well in the end. I'm glad it turned out the way it did. Thank you. :D

Epic. This coaster is a massive accomplishment, made even more impressive by the fact that it's built completely with tubes and is so solid even at such a large scale. As was already said, the 6-minute final video did not disappoint!

Thank you. :D

What an exciting success. The video was paced really well and it did not have a boring or dull moment. As others pointed out I wondered how a 6 minute long video could be so interesting, but it worked splendidly. Great job!

Fortunately, I just about had enough footage of it to make it through. Thank you. :D

Epic, epic stuff. I got chills when the music slams in and the ride takes off.
Beautiful model, by the way.

Thank you. I'd hoped it would have something of that effect. :D

My compliments. This looks epic. Assembling rides in the backyard is such a hassle.

Oh yeah. It was a complete pain in the neck, and back, and legs, and feet. Much worse than Megahertz to try and put up. Thank you. :D

I completely agree with what the other members said about the model and the video. You can be very proud on this huge accomplishment, especially because it has not always been easy. I am very impressed by the model and your persistence, wonderful work Chris.

Well, putting it one way, I was certainly not going to destroy the lift hill and all the other parts that worked because one part didn't. At least reworking it wasn't too difficult at that stage. Thank you. :D

(so many smileys)

Thank you for all the wonderful comments. They've made me feel great about finishing the ride and pushing myself probably a little bit further than I should have. But now that's done and it's time to break it all down again. I measured the track pieces all split up. You'll see that in a picture below. As you can see it adds up to just over 167 feet but that was end crosstie to end crosstie, not accounting for the gaps in between so it's probably closer to 170 feet. Megahertz, if I remember rightly, was only 104 so that explains a lot about the length and difficulty of setting it up every time. There'll one more proper update to go after this where I take the rest of the pieces out of the garage and show all the pieces broken up. All I've done is the first overbanked and the helix at the end and some boxes are heading towards full. Maybe I have more pieces than I thought. It should all fit in the end.

Lengths and stuff. Don't know why I did it in feet and inches:
Posted Image

Starting view of the garage:
Posted Image

The helix coming down:
Posted Image

All the parts organised(ish):
Posted Image

So close to being done and dusted with this project now. The hardest parts are out of the way and just lots of sorting to go. Thank you for the amazing support (there will be much more gushing in the final update I guarantee it ;)).

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#137 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

Well... Here we are at the end. With many sore fingers and blistered feet, the coaster is finally down and away thank goodness. As the pieces steadily disappear from the garage, it's kind of a numb feeling. I don't know whether I'll build anything this big again or even if I particularly want to. I may have another go at Fury sometime but smaller and probably not quite as ambitious. I think with a better base and a lot less speed to lose, I think it can be done. It would still be a complete pain but maybe with a couple of slight alterations height wise as well, certainly possible. I actually finished taking it down last week but my mum and dad took the iPad with all the pictures on it on holiday for a few days so I couldn't upload them, not that they're hugely important to the project but I just wanted to document all parts for the future. Also, it's quite fun to see the garage slowly clear out and be usable again.

image.jpg1_zpsxicdngmd.jpg

image.jpg4_zpszhoii0k9.jpg

image.jpg2_zps6qvyswqr.jpg

image.jpg3_zpshvkjmbf9.jpg

image.jpg5_zpszm5saoas.jpg

image.jpg6_zpsnz7ytzrc.jpg

image.jpg1_zpst03sxzsy.jpg

All of my pieces were sorted in the process; something that seemed to take as long as actually pulling the thing apart but at least they were tidy. I say "were" because something new has already been started and either Murray or I will post something, relatively soon I would imagine, about what we're trying to do but that's for a later date. I hope you've enjoyed following along with this project as much as I enjoyed completing it and the euphoria when it finally worked. It's been a crazy 6 months (just over actually) but it's been well worth it. Thank you for all your support. It's been amazing. :D

owowowowowowowowowmyfingershurtsomuchowowowowowow

Dem secrets bro. Nothing to see here.

Edited by CW5X, 07 April 2016 - 05:40 PM.

Tyndrum