• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JesseThunder

JesseThunder

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

First, I'm not sure what's special about the real Comet and thought it was the first-ever built wooden coaster, but that's not the case. I only see a few reasons, which is common, such as one reason given is the air-time (rising off the seats) and the old blackout building with Nightmare Mine coaster at Frontier City also provide awesome air-time with the seat bars not going all the way dlowm amd two extremely steep drops causing riders to lift at least a foot off the seats. Side Topic - I remember one time being next in line, a woman got in and mentioned the safety bar not closing alll the way to her. She freaked out, bet her first time, and the arrendent assured her that she will be fine/safe. She rambled on saying she will sue if she fall out. We all laughed amd quickly sent into the building and within seconds, we all heard her multiple super-hi-pitch screams. LOL! It was an awesome insame coaster.

So back at the topic, I could not find anything unique about the Comet. I found that its a registered coaster landmark. I watched several videos of the Comet and its quite kool and long. However, the model version is much smaller very shorr. A lof of hills are excluded. The coaster cars is plain without safety bars and no riders. Why? The model are suuposd to an exact replica. Can someone explain, please? Or its a copy of another coaster?

If possible, how many sets will it take to make an exact replica and if anyone have provided an instruction? .

Forgive then typos and errors as I'm fighting hard to keep awake.

~ When building a K'NEX hobby, you must attempt to ~
~ build at least one model copying a real roller coaster. ~

Posted Image

#2 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

I think this model is not a replica of a certain real roller coaster. I believe it is supposed to be a model wooden roller coaster that looks like 'your average wooden coaster'. On top of that, if I am correct, it is not customizable, unlike certain other CoasterDynamix sets, making it only suitable to build that one particular model.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#3 JesseThunder

JesseThunder

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:42 AM

Okay. I will get one when I'm ready. Workin' from the outside toward center. Will need to figure best placement for this coaster.

~ When building a K'NEX hobby, you must attempt to ~
~ build at least one model copying a real roller coaster. ~

Posted Image