• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 JesseThunder

JesseThunder

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

I see many pictures and videos of Coaster Dynamix models everywhere. However, when I search on the Coaster Dynamix website, eBay, Amazon and Google, I can not find Coaster Dynamix models for sale! There are currently one model for sale at various places, but no other models are available! I want to add one and while I learn how to build the support poles/beams, I want to create a custom copy of a real coaster. So, please, where can I find various Coaster Dynamix models for sale? Its so important and I want to plan ahead to buy knowing the cost, size and info. I really want one and I wonder if Coaster Dynamic is out of business or not, because it sure look like that Coaster Dynamix is a ghost dysfunct business.

Does anyone have a full Coaster Dynamix for sale? Including everything, instruction book, completely working, inform me what parts I need to replace, etc. I want to see pictures and videos.

Please, list the places I can find any for sale online (checked eBay, Amazon and Google).

If you have one for sale, considering to sell or willing to sell to me, please send me a Private Message only. That way I can review and plan the time of purchase. I have a few models of rides up next to do. I need advanced time to know placement of the coaster on display.

For start, I have a massive 9ft by 12ft display for Theme Park with coasters, various rides and more. It will be realistic to do a lot of details throughout the entire display. Long hours each day. I'm fully invested in this mass project and it will be preserved. The potential is huge for expansion in the future. It will be a public display plus there will be many pictures and videos. Its vital that I have at least two Coaster Dynamix and need the first one to start with.

~ When building a K'NEX hobby, you must attempt to ~
~ build at least one model copying a real roller coaster. ~

Posted Image

#2 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

Back in the day when the Scorpion and the Dragon sets were available, I was really enthusiastic about the system and wanted to try it. Now I have a Dragon set, boxed, stored on a shelf in my room, having it increase in value over time. The leading man behind CoasterDynamix used to roam around the forums and posted several times, but nowadays it seems he and CoasterDynamix are less active in the world of coaster models. However, there's this CoasterDynamix system that is compatible with Lego... apparently that'll be the next big time.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#3 JesseThunder

JesseThunder

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

How much for the Dragon set?

Posted Image

#4 JesseThunder

JesseThunder

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

I didn't want anything to do with LEGO except for lil figure people, but after seeing pix, there's some kool coasters with more details. I don't find any models of that for sale, either. I'm gonna have a hard time with this theme park with everything unavailable.

Posted Image

#5 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Hey, under your post, there is an edit button. Please refrain from double posting.

Knex may be better for a display of the size... You'll definitely need to work on your skills and develop them quickly. It'll lose speed less and is MUCH cheaper. You'll need a lot of Coaster Dymanix to create a display that large.

Find a user from SSC who lives near you, and ask for their help - IF your comfortable meeting others.

Formally RK500

#6 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:03 AM

I would probably ask €1000 plus shipping for my Dragon. And shipping across the ocean isn't really cheap either.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#7 JesseThunder

JesseThunder

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:36 AM

I can do that Jogumpie. It be for a good cause for the community theme park for kids (plus it be preserved). Ya got plenty of time to think about it. And we can find out about shipping if we decide to pursue further. If ya want, I can set up a sign by it indicating origin (you) and the forum website name, etc. I'm still going thru hundreds-thousands of links on Google hoping to find one.

When did Coaster Dynamix start? When did they stop? Why did they stop? Did they go bankrupt? Anything to do with K'Nex such as they wasn't able to keep up or compete? I would like to know more history by them.

Posted Image

#8 pǝʇɹǝʌuı

pǝʇɹǝʌuı

I am a cat

• 202 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:50 AM

I was bored so I jumped on these forums and saw this. CD recently released their new "nano coaster" products. Dan from CoasterDynamix was showing them off on Theme Park Review, and Jack (the other guy in charge of CD) explained a little bit about why their Scorpion, Dragon, and Phoenix models are no longer in production. Have a read:

CoasterDynamix Nano Coasters - Theme Park Review

Edited by pǝʇɹǝʌuı, 03 April 2015 - 02:55 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]