Buying sets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gnxsam

gnxsam

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

My son is looking to build a tall, inverted coaster and looking to buy used. Which sets would you recommend, we have lots of space and prefer to buy several kits. Let me know what you have and thoughts on which multiple kits would work best together?

Thank You

#2 RollerManiac

RollerManiac

Lead Engineer

• 2490 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

Rippin' Rocket, definitely. The ride comes with a lot of track and grey rods, which are pretty much the longest of the "unofficial" standard rods. He should by some Screamin' Serpents, I he wants to run a train of more than one car. Note that each SS comes with only one middle car, which is required to extend the train. This is why Knex gets sort of pricey, and how most of us end up with so many pieces.

For example, in order to have a 5 car train, you'll need (1) front car, (3) middle cars, and (1) rear car. Because you need three middle cars, you have to have three sets.

Another option would be to buy trains individually (they come packaged as one front, middle, and rear). From the sounds of it, he's new to Knex, and thus so it'd be better to just buy the sets.

Formally RK500

#3 gnxsam

gnxsam

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 03:25 PM

thank you for the help! I had thought about getting him a couple sets of SS and I will add one or two RRs as well. Now, if I could just get my hands on a CD set, but that seems few and far between.

Thank You