Hyper Coaster

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:11 PM

It depends on what your going to replace it with. I think if you were to fix the top hat a little bit it would look a lot better and more fitting.

I was thinking about moving the over bank into the place of the top hat. Also, what do I need to fix with the top hat? I thought it was fine.

#22 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 06:20 AM

I think it looks pretty cool and fits nicely as an element. It's nice to see some variation with everyone building and this is pretty different to anything else right now. If you really want to remove it, of course you can but there are lots of things you can do to make a cool coaster around it.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#23 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 03:59 PM

I think it looks pretty cool and fits nicely as an element. It's nice to see some variation with everyone building and this is pretty different to anything else right now. If you really want to remove it, of course you can but there are lots of things you can do to make a cool coaster around it.

Thanks! I have always liked unique yet somehow realistic looking coasters and always try my hardest to go for that. As you will see in this very small update I have here, I removed the top hat, but it's only temporary. I just wanted to see what it would look like if I removed it. 

Anyways, like I just said up there, I removed the top hat just to see what it would look like. I feel like I like it more without the top hat, but you can be the judge of that. Anyways, I don't think I am going to keep what I have after the overbank, it's just temporary. I don't know, I am all over the place with this coaster. I feel like i might not even go through with this one and if I do it will probably be done lazily because I'm not really feelin' this one. One minute I feel really good about it and then the next I feel like taking it down and starting the next one. Idk, I'll keep it up for a while and if I still feel like I don't like it by the next update then I will take it down and get a fresh start. Now that that mess is kind of cleared up, here are some pictures:

sorry about the messy room

DSCN1285_zpsk99lk08h.jpg

DSCN1283_zpswagkxruo.jpg

DSCN1284_zps9synevly.jpg

I apologize for the messy update, but I am just really doubting the chances if this coaster being completed. If you have anything to say at all, I would absolutely love to hear it. Thanks!

Edited by WSWAoasters, 05 July 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#24 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:44 PM

That hill falling over at the end though :D I still like where this coaster could go but it does get hard sometimes if you're not really "feeling" a ride. Maybe just go away from it for a while and properly think about a layout. I never really like to go in with not much idea of what I want out of it. I just like to set myself some elements or things I want to try out and try and achieve them in whatever way works.

⬇️ Also this

Edited by CW5X, 05 July 2016 - 06:50 PM.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

Tyndrum

#25 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:45 PM

It looks really good but I like the layout with the tophat in my opinion. You can still do the turns and hills with the tophat before it all! Plus it goes a little to fast through that over bank anyways.

#26 IonZer0

IonZer0

Wow, we can make these statuses really long now.

• 859 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:46 PM

Keep the tophat.  It's the only large element, and if you would remove the really sharp turn before it, you could possibly make it taller and add more length to the layout.

Posted Image

TOP 10

1. I305 2. Fury325 3. Skyrush 4. Manta 5. Thunderhead 6. Stormrunner 7. Wildcat 8. Fahrenheit 9. Intimidator 10. Wild Eagle

I305 Count: 11

#27 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

This is literally owing pretty nice! Launch works well too :) will be interesting to see where you go with the rest of the layout.

#28 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:13 PM

That hill falling over at the end though :D I still like where this coaster could go but it does get hard sometimes if you're not really "feeling" a ride. Maybe just go away from it for a while and properly think about a layout. I never really like to go in with not much idea of what I want out of it. I just like to set myself some elements or things I want to try out and try and achieve them in whatever way works.
⬇️ Also this

HAHAHAHA I kept forgetting that the hill wasn't attached to anything so it just fell. XD I am still really not feeling this one and I am planing on moving on to the next one.  

It looks really good but I like the layout with the tophat in my opinion. You can still do the turns and hills with the tophat before it all! Plus it goes a little to fast through that over bank anyways.

I agree, it is a bit fast, but I just need to try a new coaster.

Keep the tophat.  It's the only large element, and if you would remove the really sharp turn before it, you could possibly make it taller and add more length to the layout.

If I were to keep the coaster I would definitely keep the top hat.

This is literally owing pretty nice! Launch works well too :) will be interesting to see where you go with the rest of the layout.

Thanks! I really hope my decision isn't too disappointing.

First of all, thank you very much for all of the kind words and helpful advice! Now, super quick update! As you saw above, I decided to go away from this coaster and start a new one. I hope that everyone will understand my decision rather than burn me for it. Anyways, I am working on a hyper coaster. The reason I decided to go with a hyper is because I really, really loved the over bank and felt like it would be very fitting on a hyper coaster. I have the lift and I started somewhat of a hammerhead turn. However, the lift I built was made wrong and it looks super awkward. I'll have an update with pictures and a video next time.

#29 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:43 PM

Welp, I'm back with another update. I feel much better about this coaster so far. I really don't hvae much to say about it yet, so here are the pictures.

DSCN1301_zpsmkhz9r3f.jpg

DSCN1302_zpstwuack8g.jpg

DSCN1303_zpsmt0s420s.jpg

That's really all I have so far because I havn't really done too much yet. Because the designs I made for this coaster are pretty small, I'm hoping to have close to half of the coaster done by the next update. Feel free to comment, I always enjoy seeing them! 

#30 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:23 PM

I don't think anybody here will mock your decision to change your ride. We all know how bad it is when you're really not feeling motivated anymore. Anyway, you're obviously in the process of adding more supports but the idea and the shaping on this thing is pretty much there. You're fitting it pretty nicely in your room as well. :D

That turnaround from before I think will fit in pretty well with this one.

Tyndrum

#31 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

Nice shaping and all but I you'll add those laterals and supports for the over bank in the next update I presume. You may want to clean up your room a little bit, so it would be easier to find pieces and have space to build the coaster's layout. Plus it looks good for each update!!

Edited by IOAgeek, 12 July 2016 - 04:26 PM.

#32 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:24 PM

I don't think anybody here will mock your decision to change your ride. We all know how bad it is when you're really not feeling motivated anymore. Anyway, you're obviously in the process of adding more supports but the idea and the shaping on this thing is pretty much there. You're fitting it pretty nicely in your room as well. :D

That turnaround from before I think will fit in pretty well with this one.

Thank's! 

Nice shaping and all but I you'll add those laterals and supports for the over bank in the next update I presume. You may want to clean up your room a little bit, so it would be easier to find pieces and have space to build the coaster's layout. Plus it looks good for each update!!

You would be correct, good sir. I certainly am glad that you recommended cleaning my room. I know I needed to clean it, but I'm sure I never would have done it unless I am really motivated by something like this, so thank you!

Well, I have done quite a bit since the last update. In fact, I'm almost done with the coaster. I feel like I should probaby say that this is not going to be my summer heat coaster, however, this is a coaster that was built in the summer. Anyways,I don't think I really have much to say, so here are the pictures.

Here is just an overview of the ride.

image3_zps86omlzmb.jpg

Here is another pretty decent overview of the ride

image4_zps9k9igrhe.jpg

This is just pretty much to show the trees

image1_zpsggjdvr7s.jpg

Another view of the trees

image5_zpsnq9myiew.jpg

image6_zpsmc7ttgmq.jpg

image1%2039_zpsxamg3l4g.jpg

That's pretty much it for this update. I am supposed to have a video for this update, but I don't really have one for this because my brother lost my camera memory card. So the quality isn't quite as nice. Well, I would love to know what everyone thinks of it so far, so feel free to comment! I'm sure there is something that needs to be fix.

Edited by WSWAoasters, 21 July 2016 - 09:31 AM.

#33 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 04:43 PM

Holy frick you're almost done already!! I really like everything you have for this ride, I am really impressed. I would say to not make the very last turn so sharp, but kind of extend it out a little towards the middle support. I really like this :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#34 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:45 AM

Holy frick you're almost done already!! I really like everything you have for this ride, I am really impressed. I would say to not make the very last turn so sharp, but kind of extend it out a little towards the middle support. I really like this :D

Thanks! I can try to fix the turn, but I already finished the layout.

^ With that said, here is a final update video:

Edited by WSWAoasters, 22 July 2016 - 04:11 PM.

#35 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 05:02 PM

Looks great but the drill motor for the lift that is shooting the train really fast over the the hill doesn't look so clean in my opinion. Kind of makes me feel you train doesnt make the layout without a big push or something instead of a regular chain lift. Do you have any 12v motors or SS motors you could use instead?

#36 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 10:35 PM

Looks great but the drill motor for the lift that is shooting the train really fast over the the hill doesn't look so clean in my opinion. Kind of makes me feel you train doesnt make the layout without a big push or something instead of a regular chain lift. Do you have any 12v motors or SS motors you could use instead?

Yes, I do have some 12v motors and SS motors, but it does need a big push to make it through the layout. I'll keep workin' on it and see if I can't make it work without the drill. Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by WSWAoasters, 23 July 2016 - 10:36 PM.

#37 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 10:04 PM

Here it is! The Final test video! There are clearly things that need to be fixed, but it shouldn't take too long to finish that. I have to come up with a name, and as you guys probably saw, I found some old Superman themed tunnels. I need to figure out if I actually want to keep it that way and what I should name it if I decide to do that, or if I should just come up with something new. Idk, I am open to any comments or recommendations if you have any. And finally, here is the test video (it's not too different from last time, but it looks a bit better).

Thanks to everyone who not only took the time to check this out, but also for helping me make this coaster probably my best yet! 

#38 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:58 PM

Neat little coaster you got here.  Shaping is well done.  You should call it Superman Ultimate Flight...

Just kidding.  Please don't call it that :-D

Posted Image

#39 ~stεεlspectrum~

~stεεlspectrum~

You ready to ride the Fist O' Pain?

• 7526 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:42 PM

Did you have a TT motor before, or did you just buy it? Either way it seems to be a lot nicer than the drill! Let's see... Superman and palm trees... how about Superman Ultimate Beach Vacation?

#40 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:02 AM

The pacing is nice, and the shaping is great all around! it's nice to see a TT motor. I wish I had one. Names? Let's see what I can come up with: (superman related) Superman Pier, Super Pier Man, Namrepus. Other ideas: Blue Wave, Seabreeze. 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master