Construction Worker

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:09 PM

IMG_2389_zpsf5ey6gwe.jpg

IMG_2388_zpsgsfsux0z.jpg

IMG_2390_zpskzwca20d.jpg

IMG_2391_zpselkvyocx.jpg

I've been working on this project for about a month now and it's my first recreation. Please leave feedback and suggestions. Thanks!

#2 WSWAoasters

WSWAoasters

• 198 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:38 PM

I'm excited! Can we get a test video?

#3 Jacob060

Jacob060

Construction Worker

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:58 PM

I'm excited! Can we get a test video?

hope that link works. It's an older test video and I got it running a lot faster now. Thanks

#4 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:29 AM

I can't see the test run but this ride looks pretty cool. Nicely scaled and supported too.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#5 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

Stylistically, this ride looks like something from the early 2000's. Brings back good memories.

#6 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

Some of you track splices are really bad with all the tape on them which can cause speed loss. If you just smoothed the end of each tubing piece out with scissors by thinly cutting the end and checking how the splice between the tubing pieces are, I think you would be able to save tons more speed and height for the final turns and barrel roll at the end of the layout. I always check my tubing splices to make sure the transition between the two pieces is as smooth as possible. You may want to support the track a bit more to reduce shaking and speed lose too.

Edited by IOAgeek, 09 August 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#7 Jacob060

Jacob060

Construction Worker

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

hope that link works. It's an older test video and I got it running a lot faster now. Thanks

https://www.youtube....h?v=ZA4uL0BQfkc

#8 Jacob060

Jacob060

Construction Worker

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

Some of you track splices are really bad with all the tape on them which can cause speed loss. If you just smoothed the end of each tubing piece out with scissors by thinly cutting the end and checking how the splice between the tubing pieces are, I think you would be able to save tons more speed and height for the final turns and barrel roll at the end of the layout. I always check my tubing splices to make sure the transition between the two pieces is as smooth as possible. You may want to support the track a bit more to reduce shaking and speed lose too.

I'll try smoothing it out more. Thanks

I can't see the test run but this ride looks pretty cool. Nicely scaled and supported too.

Thanks!

I'll try smoothing it out more.

#9 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:07 PM

I was liking that pacing in the test until it stopped haha. Definitely better that it's running faster now then. Smoothing it out some more will definitely help everything look better.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#10 Muzz135

Muzz135

What to build.....

• 706 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 04:46 AM

I seen this on Instagram a few days ago and was wondering if it would appear on here! Looks good and from what I've seen you're improving each of the bumps and things quite nicely. Only thing I can think for speed is better track splices and an extra cross tie or two per rod.

#11 Jacob060

Jacob060

Construction Worker

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 02:57 PM

I seen this on Instagram a few days ago and was wondering if it would appear on here! Looks good and from what I've seen you're improving each of the bumps and things quite nicely. Only thing I can think for speed is better track splices and an extra cross tie or two per rod.

Thanks! Also, I'm working on the track splices right now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: superman, recreation