forum games fun weird

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:12 PM

I forgot how therapeutic building was...

Attached File  20190712_125821.jpg   163.58KB   2 downloads

Attached File  20190712_125858.jpg   178.49KB   0 downloads

The exit of the immelman is nowhere near ready to be shown. Haha. Proving to be more difficult than I expected.

Edited by CartRacer56, 15 July 2019 - 12:05 AM.

#2 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Yooo I had that same door pouch thingy, too! 

https://i.imgur.com/XeOqtxm.png

So is the station going to be right under the immelmann? 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#3 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

Some overview pics and a sideview of the immelmann would be great.  Looks good so far, though.

Posted Image

#4 CartRacer56

CartRacer56

Inversion Enthusiast

• 1031 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

Yooo I had that same door pouch thingy, too!
https://i.imgur.com/XeOqtxm.png
So is the station going to be right under the immelmann?

That would be correct, that will be the eventual placement of the station. Those door pouches are quite handy for pieces I have less of as well.

Some overview pics and a sideview of the immelmann would be great. Looks good so far, though.

Thanks! Ask and ye shall receive. (After an additional day of building, however)

I would like to say in advance that not everything is fully supported. I'm going to go back and do that soon. Help with the loop would also be appreciated. It looks off to me and I've always had problems making loops, and I even used reference pictures from fraggie's Challenger.

Speaking of reference pictures, that leads me to the name: CopyCat. The immelman is from the tutorials on the forums, the loop is used with reference images from Challenger, and the cobra roll coming up next is also off of forum tutorials. Partially because I suck at building inversions, I've never attempted them, and I'm too lazy to make custom ones. So the name CopyCat seems to fit and I quite like it. So CopyCat it shall be.

Pictures now.

Attached File  20190714_202913.jpg   199.9KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190714_203050.jpg   180.56KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190714_203007.jpg   188.88KB   0 downloads

Attached File  20190714_203023.jpg   154.6KB   0 downloads
I really think my loop needs help but I'm not sure how.

Edited by CartRacer56, 15 July 2019 - 12:04 AM.

• rgarner42 likes this

#5 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:43 PM

Honestly, I think it all looks really good.  The only part I think that needs adjusting is the turn out of the Immelmann into the loop.  It looks underbanked.  Fix that, and you're good to go!

Also, don't worry about copying elements from other people.  Literally everything is inspired by something.

Posted Image

#6 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:52 AM

I’d say using tutorials and other coasters to help build yours is a great way to go about it, especially having not tried them before. (I’ve done it many a time. Literally just about to do it again as well.) As a result, it looks great and should work well. I also like that you’ve taken things that fit your coaster too and not shoved random sized stuff in there. In a sense, you could make the inversions that way first and then place them around in any direction and then simply connect them. Multiple layouts from the same core pieces. Anyway, you’re doing really well just now.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum

#7 rgarner42

rgarner42

Construction Foreman

• 203 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 07:01 AM

I think the loop looks good. I always find loops the hardest inversion to build, I think it's because it's more obvious if the loop is not quite symmetrical. 

I agree, that you should change the exit of the immelmann. Either bank the exit a bit more, or have the track exiting a bit straighter so it runs more parallel to the drop instead of turning away and then back. I'm not sure you'll have the speed needed for a cobra roll but if not there are plenty of other good options. 

And 'copying/imitating' is an essential way to learn. I've always used other people's creations as references, whether building lift hills, supports, inversions etc,  and my later coasters were very much inspired my Helmut's stuff.

Edited by rgarner42, 18 July 2019 - 07:01 AM.

#8 nj_thrills

nj_thrills

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 03:12 PM

I think this looks really good and definitely has a lot of potential to be quite a coaster. Are you still working on this? Not many people are avidly building anymore. Great job!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: forum games, fun, weird