• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nj_thrills

nj_thrills

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:05 PM

Okay, so far I've created a system (if you could even call it that) of propulsion, however, it is practically nothing and barely does anything. Anyone have any tips on how I could improve this thing?

Attached Files

• nj_thrills likes this

#2 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 12:11 PM

That motor (especially without being geared down) is not going to be able to pull back those rubber bands very far.  It looks like you've even geared it up?  It's hard to tell from the pictures.  Can you explain more about how you expect this launch to work, and maybe get a few more detailed pics?

Posted Image

#3 nj_thrills

nj_thrills

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

That motor (especially without being geared down) is not going to be able to pull back those rubber bands very far.  It looks like you've even geared it up?  It's hard to tell from the pictures.  Can you explain more about how you expect this launch to work, and maybe get a few more detailed pics?

I'm actually currently building a gearbox/setup to help the motor along, aswell as running two motors. Pretty much the rubberbands are attached to an update catch (updated being a bit of chain attached to some micro pieces tied to the rubber band) which is wound up by the cable drum. there is a button that you push which shifts the gears, therefore releasing the axle from anything stopping it, and pulls the catch forward. I think i've got it figured out now, but I will definitely get back to you if i'm having trouble.

#4 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:17 PM

Great!  Looking forward to more pics!

Posted Image

#5 nj_thrills

nj_thrills

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 09:41 AM

Great!  Looking forward to more pics!

I got it working quite well, but it was just a prototype. For now i'm working on a new project, a vv woodie.