small rides

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 01:10 AM

Well the time has come, and I'm back at it again! Doing something fun, and a little bit simpler this time!

Attached Files

#2 OddlyCreative

OddlyCreative

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2022 - 10:48 AM

Excited to see where this goes!

#3 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 06 March 2022 - 10:06 PM

Doing something fun, and a little bit simpler this time!

Is this going to be a Screamin' Squirrel recreation? 

I'm not done building yet. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#4 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 13 March 2022 - 10:16 PM

Is this going to be a Screamin' Squirrel recreation?

No SCM, it's different but I got a kick out of watching a YouTube video about the screaming squirrel. I am actually trying to go a little bit bigger, although that might seem crazy given the size of the table. I decided to put a 4'x8' sheet of ply down on top.

Last night I had this really quick thought about a service stair case and just went with it. I like the results! It is so simple which is why I love it.

Attached Files

• SCM likes this

#5 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 14 March 2022 - 03:45 PM

LMAO, darn! :P I haven't seen that kind of catwalk be made like that before, with a corner connector at every possible place. 

Edit: Post 2012 :o 

Edited by SCM, 14 March 2022 - 03:47 PM.

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#6 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 20 March 2022 - 02:12 AM

Here's the track design I'm using on this coaster.( Except I'm using the flexes instead of the orange stiff rods). I love the way it's working with the shaping so far and track connections seem to be fairly easy.

This coaster is going along so well I'm having tons of fun! I like how it's going to be on top of the table so I'll be able to walk around the basement easily.

Attached Files

#7 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 24 March 2022 - 11:52 PM

I have a big problem. I have too much speed 😆 The lift hill is 35" and the first element is 31" and this baby is flying into my stops! I think it's mostly due to the fact that the drop does not go all the way down but also I think it has to do with the track reinforcements and the little mini spine I created underneath.

At any rate this is going to be a problem I'm not used to having LOL. The train isn't even weighted. I guess Johnny's ball bearings just work too good!!

Attached Files

#8 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 28 March 2022 - 01:52 PM

This is a simple issue that can be fixed by clicking on the train icon and then unchecking the "Low Friction" option found in the bottom right. :trollface: 

You sure you don't want to make the drop slightly steeper? There's also at least two straight spots on the drop and pullout. BTW a grey rod spine isn't needed for something this small, and replacing the grey rods with flexi rods should sort out the straight spots. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#9 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 30 March 2022 - 12:55 AM

I think you're right SCM! I'll probably remove the gray rods cuz I see the straight spots that you're talking about and I figured that over time they would just kind of work themselves out but they haven't.

I tore it around with the idea of making the drop steeper but I think I'm just going to leave it as is for now. Here's a couple update pics.

Attached Files

#10 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 11:04 PM

Update!! Keep building everyone! Who's working on a new coaster??

Attached Files

• G Force likes this

#11 thegamingninja

thegamingninja

• 298 posts

Posted 04 May 2022 - 05:28 PM

Update!! Keep building everyone! Who's working on a new coaster??

looking sweet!

#12 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 10:51 PM

"Keep building everyone! Who's working on a new coaster??" Uhhh... anyway, looking good so far! the yellow middle flexis are an interesting design choice. 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master

#13 Steelwheels33

Steelwheels33

Construction Foreman

• 112 posts

Posted 22 May 2022 - 12:32 AM

Hey guys... here's a full circuit test run after the station has been added. This thing is working really well and I'm happy with it! I do have a couple of brakes that are built into the track to slow the train down a bit.

Edited by Steelwheels33, 22 May 2022 - 12:37 AM.

• SCM likes this

#14 SCM

SCM

Omnipotent Lucid Dreamer

• 2039 posts

Posted 30 May 2022 - 03:29 PM

Will there be another test video? 

Glimpses

Speed Coaster Master