Fury 325 Recreation

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 megabuster9000

megabuster9000

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 March 2023 - 06:17 PM

It has been a while since I last posted anything here, but for the last few months I have been working one a recreation of Fury 325 at Carowinds for a club project at my college. So far we have completed the brake run, station, lift, initial drop and first turn. The scale is roughly between 1:30th to 1:40th. I hade to compress a few things to allow us to capture as much of the ride as possible with the available space. There is a little more than a month left to finish this project, but it is coming along smoothly. I will try to keep things updated here as progress quickly occurs.

Attached Files

#2 megabuster9000

megabuster9000

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2023 - 02:17 PM

An update of todays progress, the second hill is done. 

Attached Files

#3 IOAgeek

IOAgeek

Excited for Iron Gwazi!

• 1152 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 09:46 AM

Think you will have to add some middle tubing to smooth the track out and save some more speed. The gap between the supports at the start of the overbank needs a support as well since you're using a long train the track will dip a lot there. I would just copy all the supports used on the actual coaster to keep each element on track. Make sure the base on the second turn is pretty strong so your supports don't move, it looks great on the overbank. Is you're train weighted?

Edited by IOAgeek, 17 March 2023 - 09:47 AM.

#4 megabuster9000

megabuster9000

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 March 2023 - 06:59 PM

Yeah I plan to add some more supports, I'm juts mainly trying to sketch out the overall layout for the moment. Once that is set Ill go back and fine tune things. This is mainly because the coaster has to be broken down and set back up in order to work on it, I am planning on finalizing everything right before it needs to be moved to its final display location. 

The train is not weighted at the moment and I am going to be running 3 bearing trains on it when it is displayed. I am just designing those car bodies at the moment.

Also this is the update for today, and I am planning on getting the main bit of the turnaround figured out tomorrow.

Attached Files

#5 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 20 March 2023 - 03:05 PM

The shaping and supports definitely need some work if you want to make that entire layout, but sounds like you're feeling things out as you go.  Looking forward to seeing more!

Posted Image

#6 megabuster9000

megabuster9000

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 April 2023 - 09:07 AM

Some progress has been made, and now it actually has a home to remain mostly constructed as the last bit of the ride is finished. I also edited the inital footprint to more closely fit with Fury's actual footprint. 

Attached Files

#7 megabuster9000

megabuster9000

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 April 2023 - 08:40 AM

Here's this weeks update, just a few more elements to go to complete this.

Attached Files

#8 Mister Piglette

Mister Piglette

Entry Engineer

• 740 posts

Posted 03 July 2023 - 06:13 PM

This is so cool that you're able to get a few people to work on a project. That's always been something I've enjoyed. Is this for a school project? I'd like to see the speed once you get some trains on it.

Edited by Mister Piglette, 03 July 2023 - 06:15 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pigs are better when green.

#9 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 05 July 2023 - 04:38 AM

It is imperative for me to ask: will you add a crack to one particular support?

• SCM likes this

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#10 CW5X

CW5X

Wha?

• 3579 posts

Posted 16 July 2023 - 03:58 PM

I remember a few years ago trying to build this. Went too hard and too big on very energy absorbing grass. This seems like a much better scale to attempt this and really good job so far.

Silverstar Nemesis Poseidon Air Saw The Swarm Nemesis Inferno Colossus ​RageThe Smiler Oblivion Shockwave GeForce Apocalypse Detonator Kumali Mumbo Jumbo Atlantica Supersplash Velocity Blue Fire Megacoaster Pepsi Max Big One Wodan

See No Limits and K'nex here

If only I had more space/pieces. Delete as appropriate

Tyndrum