Most Underrated Coaster?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: What do you think the most underated coaster is?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

What do you think the most underated coaster is?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The Stig

The Stig

Some say...

• 4609 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Excalibur at AstroWorld was a lot like Gemini.
There was a lot of random airtime, and a cool final helix.

Fire in the Hole!!!

#22 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Comet @ Hershey... I love that ride it is my favorite woodie. Better then Lightning Racer.. Probably will fall into 2nd place after I ride Toro though but man it is a awesome ride a nd super smooth. Tons of airtime.

Also Time Machine at FMP (to bad it is SBNO right now).

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#23 Coasteradict

Coasteradict

The hate sign

• 1883 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:52 PM

The Grand national. Whilst isn't underated by fans of BPB, is very underapreciated by Americans.

The most underated rollercoasters in England currently is either the Big Dipper (pre this season when it's been crap), which will kick the crap out of you, the violence of those final bunny hops. Or Oblivion. Apart from Alton towers fans and a few others, everybody either say's it does almost nothing or it's a smaller version of Sheikra, whilst also doing nothing. When it really is still the best Dive Machine out of the lot IMO. What makes the ride is the theming with the synister government experiments and the videos and whatnot, builds up the tension. However it has way to high of a throughput to allow this as it's almost always a walk on.

However in the world I'd say big thunder mountain in DLP. It's so good, the tunnels under the lake and the ejector coming out into the station. JOY

-CA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Immelmann

#24 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

The Grand national. Whilst isn't underated by fans of BPB, is very underapreciated by Americans.

The most underated rollercoasters in England currently is either the Big Dipper (pre this season when it's been crap), which will kick the crap out of you, the violence of those final bunny hops.

Fucking awesome woodies! Especially Grand National, love it.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#25 Kevyn230

Kevyn230

Aight

• 1347 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:04 PM

I love the woodies in BPB. I glad the opened roll coaster again because it is good fun, Grand national is awesome.

Posted Image
Under construction:
Non in Progress

#26 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Jack Rabbit at Kennywood. OMG double down in the back seat... :lov

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#27 Sniggeh

Sniggeh

Lead Engineer

• 1511 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

Superspeed Cool Cool Bear, best coaster ever.

Posted Image

#28 SuperTKDKid

SuperTKDKid

Lead Engineer

• 2750 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

Kings Island:
Adventure Express
Son of Beast (cause no one wants to ride it cause of its bad reputation, I still would if they fixed it)
The Racer (not when it opened, but more so not because its not very high, compared to today's coasters....low airhills then a huge one is awesome)

Posted Image

#29 Coasteradict

Coasteradict

The hate sign

• 1883 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:15 PM

Fucking awesome woodies! Especially Grand National, love it.

I love the woodies in BPB. I glad the opened roll coaster again because it is good fun, Grand national is awesome.

When was the last time you went gump? Because H&S has butchered them :(

Nick streak/rollercoaster can only run one train so ques a bitch (However it is running fantastic, and is probable the best woody there currently IMO. But the que is horrible)

Nash- Can only run two cars (mobius system), ques a bitch. Running well, but seems very rough nowadays

Big Dipper- The biggest shame out of the lot, in the space of a year it's gone from being one of the best rides there consistently top 4 rides there in the opinion of many fans of BPB. To being consistently 2 or 3rd worst ride/coaster there. The H&S utterly ruined the ride. Can only run one train, making throuput pathetic. You very rarely get airtime anymore. It's very bland. The reason a lot think is because the chain's slowed down=less momentum. Whilst that is true, I think that the fact that it's only running one train doesn't help either. No chance for the track to warm up due to generally high winds and infrequent trains going past. To compare vids below (old on the left new on the right):

H&S is pathetic. The first time these ride have accidents in 80-90 years of running and they instantly slaughter them :(

On a positive note the wild mouse and PMBO are both running the best they've done in 10-15 years.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Immelmann

#30 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

I'm missing the meaning of "H&S". And I was in Blackpool in 2007.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#31 Eggo

Eggo

Vote for Pedro!

• 1212 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

I'm going on a wild hair to say The Rattler, most of you probably haven't even heard of it, but it's such an old woodie, it makes it wonderful...

Oh and the Poltergeist clone of Joker's Jinx... In my opinion it's faster, and has too many G's for the size of the train, which makes it awesome.

Posted Image
|Millennium Force|TTD|El Toro|Bizarro|Maverick|Wildfire|Nitro|

#32 Coasteradict

Coasteradict

The hate sign

• 1883 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:01 AM

Health and safety. You really need to get back as it's a much nicer park that it was then.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks Immelmann