• 7516 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

http://coasterdynami...y.aspx?album=12

#2 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:42 AM

Finally. Now CoasterDynamix is finally worth getting, although still expensive. I hope more types of coasters will come soon.

#3 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:01 AM

Thats the prototype. It will be longer when it comes out. I think they said it will be $150 from what I remember.

*Insert signature here*

#4 Toastermaface333

Toastermaface333

Lead Engineer

• 1278 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:43 PM

^phew. i was hoping that it would be a little longer, and i sure am happy with that $150 price tag! finally! i can afford coasterdynamix (sp) and its the type of coaster that i really wanted too!

1000th post reached at 6:12:55 on 4/12/05!
Posted Image
^check this out plus my other models... click it!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Mario Kart
Friend code: 4467-3606-3140, name: Toastman33
Animal crossing
Friend code:4338-5370-7236, town: Rocktown

#5 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

Does anyone know if it is a working model? That seems a little cheap for CD.

SSCoasters Veteran

The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#6 coasterfreak11

coasterfreak11

Lead Engineer

• 1892 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:08 PM

^ Yes, it's a working model.

#7 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:24 PM

Does anyone know why it is so cheap? It looks like it uses more pieces than Scorpion, yet it's $100 less.

SSCoasters Veteran

The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#8 Dakanektr

Dakanektr

SSC's Official DP Fanboy

• 3068 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:44 PM

Its all based on a matrix, AKA non-custom pieces. Kind of like the RCT system.

Posted Image

-matt-

#9 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

That looks cool. I might have to buy this. I will wait though.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#10 nyteflyte

nyteflyte

ThrillNyte Rydes Builder

• 570 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:58 PM

i still think the dragon/scorpion is cooler, cause of customizations and the rumored different types of trains.

#11 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:09 PM

The Scorpion is now $199.95 on the site. As we buy in larger quantities, the price drops. The Comet is a little over 2' long, 1' wide, and 8" tall. The Scorpion is 4' long, 1' wide, and 24" tall. The Comet will retail for $169.95. If we can get enough people on this site who want one, we may be able to work out a discount for SSCoasters members. Let me know if you are interested.

#12 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:12 AM

After watching the comet video, I wonder if there is a way to slow the whole rollercoaster down because when it's on the turns, it slows down. Then when it goes down the drops, it goes at its usual extremely fast speed. Is there any way to make it travel at more realistic speeds throughout the whole course of the ride?

#13 coasterguy

coasterguy

Wolfpack Cyclone

• 1061 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 12:55 AM

you have to remember that when you scale down the size of the coaster you are scaling time down as well. if you think about it, the train has to reach its top speed within a shorter distance of track and a shorter period of time. it seems like it's going too fast but it's really just right.

Custom Models: Anaconda Clarion Cliff Hanger Double Looper Fury Maelstrom Metamorphose Mustang Shuttle Looper Rush Vortex
Recreations: Corkscrew@KBF Hypersonic XLC@PKD King Cobra@PKI Magnum XL200@CP Mr. Freeze@SFOT

The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.

#14 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:05 AM

^Correct. If the Comet is that in those pics I won't buy it. If it were longer I would get it.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#15 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 03:39 PM

I know that model rollercoasters' speed can't be accurate, but coasterdynamix coasters go so fast that they seem to travel at the same speed the whole time. I don't have a problem with k'nex coaster's speed.

#16 coasterguy

coasterguy

Wolfpack Cyclone

• 1061 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

^trust me, the speed of the coasterdynamix is much more realistic than knex. i don't think you understand that when you scale down the coaster you scale down everything. with CD the change in speed from resting to top speed is a lot less since the top speed is less. this means it takes less time and distance to reach the top speed and less time and distance to slow down.

Custom Models: Anaconda Clarion Cliff Hanger Double Looper Fury Maelstrom Metamorphose Mustang Shuttle Looper Rush Vortex
Recreations: Corkscrew@KBF Hypersonic XLC@PKD King Cobra@PKI Magnum XL200@CP Mr. Freeze@SFOT

The way some people find fault, you'd think there was some kind of reward.

#17 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 07:59 PM

You're probably right. All I know is from what I've seen in the videos.

#18 QAFS

QAFS

Lead Engineer

• 1166 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:41 AM

http://coasterdynami...bum=12&item=205
It looks like the track isnt smooth....
But its a cool model!

-QAFS

#19 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 10:07 PM

Until you see one in real life, you shouldn't judge. Have you ever seen a video of Knex?With CoasterDynamix you can traverse about 50-60' of track from a 3' lift hill. Can Knex do that?

#20 LACoasterdude

LACoasterdude

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:01 PM

After watching the comet video, I wonder if there is a way to slow the whole rollercoaster down because when it's on the turns, it slows down. Then when it goes down the drops, it goes at its usual extremely fast speed. Is there any way to make it travel at more realistic speeds throughout the whole course of the ride?

Check this model woodie out by G.C.Brewer, called the 'American Cyclone'. I'ts entirely scratch built.

I believe it's HO scale or close to it. I think this guys guys coasters are just amazing, and you can see how fast the train goes over the hops etc.

http://www.coasterwo...om/acvideo.html

Chris Hunter
LACoasterDude