Magic Mountain Construction

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:04 PM

Recently there have been a lot of rumors about a flyer for MM, and now, according to screamscape orient express is closed and so is the path from roaring rapids to samurai summit. Also, all the Samurai summit signs have been removed.

#2 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:18 AM

Six Flags Magic Mountain needs to remove coasters instead of add them. They can't hardly even run the ones they've got.

#3 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

They can't hardly even run the ones they've got.

No, its not that they can't hardly run them, they can't run them at all! Flashback has been sitting there for how long without operating?!?!

The Coasters of Westside7th

2003 - Thunder Twist | Iron Falcon | Insanity | Voltage | Banshee

2004 - Centaur | Polar Plunge | Chaos | Nessie | Eclipse | Desert Eagle

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#4 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:22 PM

I got on flashback at the end of 2003, and I think it closed a little after that. Apart from the otsr's, it was a fun ride.

#5 Dakanektr

Dakanektr

SSC's Official DP Fanboy

• 3068 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:36 PM

Posted Image

I think the new Euro Fighter would be the best replacement for Flashback.
I would also love to see one of these at Dorney or Hersheypark.

I hope that the new coaster is in fact, a flyer.

Posted Image

-matt-

#6 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:47 PM

The Euro Fighter is too short of a ride for a large theme park like MM or Dorney. They look like they are more for small parks and carnivals. I would rather see some more X-Coasters.

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#7 Dakanektr

Dakanektr

SSC's Official DP Fanboy

• 3068 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:55 PM

Nah, I think they are decent. Obviously, with their short track length they have good capacity. Since they have around 3 or 4 trains for it, that also improves it. The elements, I believe, are good enough to please amusement park visitors. In fact, if it is as intense as it looks, it would be my number one ride at Dorney.

Posted Image

-matt-

#8 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:09 PM

Capacity would suck on that thing. Eight peopel per train with only 3 or 4 cars. That is worse than a wild mouse. People would complain like TTD and KK that is is too short. It's Vekoma but I would rather see this:
Posted Image

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#9 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

^^flash back is being torn down in the near future and the space will be used for Hurricane Harbor...

#10 MillenniumMan310

MillenniumMan310

Hydra/Kingda Ka '05

• 898 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:24 PM

Capacity would suck on that thing. Eight peopel per train with only 3 or 4 cars. That is worse than a wild mouse. People would complain like TTD and KK that is is too short. It's Vekoma but I would rather see this:
Posted Image

If cp goes for the record, thats how they should do it!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 11:34 PM

Who care if it is Vekoma. That looks like so much fun.

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#12 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 02:15 AM

It does look really fun, but imagine banging your head against the restraints at 120+ mph. I don't think they'll take out Flashback because they want the record. I think they should put a flat ride next to it.

#13 LACoasterdude

LACoasterdude

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 09:51 AM

^^flash back is being torn down in the near future and the space will be used for Hurricane Harbor...

Man, I sure hope not! Flashback is one of the best coasters I've ever ridden..I wasn't ready for that dive-bomb at the end of the turns.. :lol:

It IS sitting where they could expand HH.... :(

Was this info from a trusted source?

Chris Hunter
LaCoasterDude

#14 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 11:24 AM

i don't know. it's just been rumered befors all over the place. and it is a smart thing to do for HH and MM.
I heard on the internet somwhere that that's what they planned to do. and it wasn't just a rumor it was kinda official in a way...
i duno, maybe not.
but probably...

I can't belive u like that coaster.
it is a fun ride but it hurts and jolts too much on the dives...

#15 nyteflyte

nyteflyte

ThrillNyte Rydes Builder

• 570 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 01:43 PM

i still think the eurofighter is the best fit, cause theres no othere one in north america (to date). so that would attract enthusiats from all over north america, bringing in the big bucks

#16 Enigma

Enigma

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 02:57 PM

Flashback is actually one of my favorite rides at the park (don't shoot me...). The only thing that kills the ride are the restraints. Once I realized this I went back and rode it several times whicle using my legs to pin myself to the back of the seat so I wouldn't smack my head into the restraints and I really enjoyed the ride.

#17 Westside7th

Westside7th

Adrenaline Junkie

• 4275 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 04:38 PM

I think SFMM has too many rides and coaster because it is apparent that they can't keep them all running reliable and efficiently all at once. The last thing they need is a low-capacity flying coaster. Although if the flyer rumor is true, I do like the fact that it would be a custom coaster.

2005 - K2 | Jaguar

#18 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:00 PM

It'd be great if they'd use the Samurai terrain. Like a Nemesis with a different theme.

SSCoasters Veteran

The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#19 sfmm_freak

sfmm_freak

Definitely Jeffree Star

• 786 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 06:39 PM

1st: Flashback isn't going anywhere.
2nd: SFMM isn't going to risk with another prototype [Vekoma Thrill Lift]
3rd: If the Ride is going to be a flyer [which it probably would] it defiantly would utilize the terrain.

It is also rumored that it isn’t going to be a B&M coaster because there hasn't been any sighting at the Ohio plant. This of course can be justified because several other coasters' parts were idling in the plant's lots. Then again, this rumor can be contradicted if the pieces are being manufactured at another plant overseas [somewhat unlikely though].

The spread of markers all around Samurai Summit show that it is going to be a HUGE coaster(there are markers all the way up to Sky Tower, and down around the Orient, to around Revy.

And yes, I do admit that SFMM needs repairs desperately. The paths have been slowly receiving repairs, but the coasters really need new paint jobs, and they need to work on staffing [there isn’t a lack of staff].

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Rebuilt. Rehashed. Refined.
Echelon|Redux. coming soon.

#20 LACoasterdude

LACoasterdude

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 07:55 PM

I can't belive u like that coaster.
it is a fun ride but it hurts and jolts too much on the dives...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really loved that coaster..I just love the whole fighter-jet roll/dive thing.. :D

Here's a quote from ultimaterollercoaster.com :

"Designed to simulate the feeling and motion of a fighter jet rolling over and diving, Flashback is the only roller coaster of it's kind, ever built.
Flashback features a total of six dive drops, which is followed by the finale, a gravity defying 720-degree upward helix, with the train entering the spint at the coaster's maximum speed of 35 mph.

Difficult to describe, Flashback is not your average, off the shelf roller coaster. The unique layout and original sensations is certainly something that every coaster enthusiast should experience for themself.

The attraction was designed by Intamin AG, but two now famous coaster designers Claude Bolliger and Walter Mabillard, founders of B&M worked on the project"

Btw, I took my best friend on it about 5 years ago, and he got incredibly ill...after that , he couldn't ride coasters anymore :eek:

It would be ashame to get rid of it - MM could easily put it in the parking lot beside the new B&M ride...

Chris Hunter
LaCoasterDude