The Longest Thread

• Please log in to reply
45735 replies to this topic

#1 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:27 PM

This is not, I repeat not, a spam thread. This thread is to be an ongoing discussion. The subject will change often. This is an experiment to see if this can function right like the longest thread at my other forums. If it can't, it will be moved to the games forum.

Here are the ground rules:
--A post must be at least a sentence.
--Any post deemed spam will be deleted

#2 Toastermaface333

Toastermaface333

Lead Engineer

• 1278 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:28 PM

Oh wow, i didnt realize that this was in the general forum. and the rules have changed, drastically because we have to have 3 sentences. oh well.. to start of the topic: uh... how does everyone feel about this topic being in the general forums..?

1000th post reached at 6:12:55 on 4/12/05!
Posted Image
^check this out plus my other models... click it!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Mario Kart
Friend code: 4467-3606-3140, name: Toastman33
Animal crossing
Friend code:4338-5370-7236, town: Rocktown

#3 supportking86

supportking86

GO BENGALS!!!!!

• 2622 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:33 PM

He didn't move it, he started a new one. I like it, except soem people will be so desparate to get posts that they will just make useless sentences. Oh well, I think that it will work. But, maybe we should just not include any posts in the Anything Goes Forums. Then all posts are from coasters an dabout this site.

SK86

Posted Image

Made by CC10************My User Page************

The Scorpian's Tail-Completed------------Full Dose-Completed

Blue Mist-Completed-----------------------Bullseye-Cancelled

Apollo 14-Completed-----------------------

#4 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:05 PM

No, I dissagree. Many of the posts in this forum are not spam, so why make it not count? It doesn't make sense really, because many of the older members only post there.

#5 Dakanektr

Dakanektr

SSC's Official DP Fanboy

• 3068 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

I think we could use this thread as a news discussion thread. Like copy-pasting a news article here, and discussing. You know what I'm saying?

Posted Image

-matt-

#6 da muffin man!

da muffin man!

da real muffin man!

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:31 PM

I know what your saying. What we should do now? We should stop talking about what are going to talk about in here and actually go talk about it...

Its da real muffin man! PLZ don't eat me!!!!!

#7 supportking86

supportking86

GO BENGALS!!!!!

• 2622 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:42 PM

^^^The Anything Goes forums are for pleasure and entertainment, to take a break away from building. We might just have a person come and post all their posts in Anything Goes and they would be an ssc elite? No, not a true elite. We will honor those who post in the true topics of SSCs. Why do you object it? Do you only care about your post count? Is that the only reason why you joined? I guess then that you didn't like the game's posts being erased? Not to be harsh towards you, but you are really sounding liek you only care about your post count to me. If many of the older members only post there, then thye have no problem because they will have been here long enough to already be an elite member. I think that this would eliminate all the spam,instead of just gettign rid of some of the spam.

SK86

Posted Image

#8 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:35 AM

I stand beetween,(that's who i am:)) because of the fact that there are so many worthful posts in this thread, yet most other threads in the "anything goes" topic are for pleasure and fun. It seems some people just don't see what the difference is beetween worthlees posts and quality post.
In a lot of the construction threads like five people say,"fix that bump", and then talk about supporting it and shaping it and tips. That is a quality post...
And then there are those who say,"i'd fix that bumb but other than that it's perfect:)." That, however, is a worthless post.

#9 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

well I don't really care about post count anymore, since I will be elite in 3 months anyways. :)

You need 3 sentences. First and only warning. --King

#10 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 01:57 PM

My post count dropped from 1700 to 850. I don't really care actually. Most people know that I can build very well... so I don't really need the Elite sign in my posts.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#11 supportking86

supportking86

GO BENGALS!!!!!

• 2622 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:30 PM

^^Ha, you got caught!

Anyway, I guess that maybe we shouldn't take away the posts in the Anythign Goes forums. After consulting it with myself(Don't worry, I'm sane, just talkign to myself when I say that) I thought that with the posts from the Anythign Goes Forums will just take people a really long time to get 50 posts. It would probably take almost a year to probably get 500, so it would be impossible to get to be an elite.

SK86

Posted Image

#12 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:19 PM

...After consulting it with myself(Don't worry, I'm sane, just talkign to myself when I say that) I thought that with the posts...

Good thing u said that cause mine that would've been my ticket to toatally rag on u forever:lol:!
Come to think of it, i wish you didn't say that...

I really want to go to a new theme park, i have gone to KBF 7 times, SFMM 39 times, and Disney Land 5 times.
i want to see new stuff.
is any one else getting bored with there loacal(ish) parks:huh:?

#13 coastergeekrtc

coastergeekrtc

A God Among Users

• 2653 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:32 PM

I lost count of how many times I've gone to SFMM. Just this week I went three times. I guess you could say I'm a coaster enthusiast, although I don't care what park I'm at or the reputation of it. I go for the coasters and thats it.

*Insert signature here*

#14 Swimming24-7

Swimming24-7

Go Apaches!

• 952 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:34 PM

I am getting bored with SFFT but with SWSA nope.

#15 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:56 PM

I'm going to Knotts on Saturday hopefulyl. How is the line for Silver bullet? Is it really long?

#16 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:31 AM

I never get enough of De Efteling. I love the summernights they've planned on 7 Saturdays every summer. The park is opened from 10AM till 12PM. It's wonderful to ride coasters at night.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#17 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

I've ridden 97 coasters...BEAT THAT!

lol just kidding. But Kings Island is just...blah for me. Nothing too exiting except for the beast. I loved Gadv though, that was my favorite park of the trip.

I'll post my other TR's when i get them from my dad's laptop.

And things in the Anything Goes forum should count (except for the games forum) because people are talking about the amusement industry, and can really talk about anything and not say "ooh nice signature 9/10" or whatever. Its constructive.

CC10 :D

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#18 da muffin man!

da muffin man!

da real muffin man!

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

How is the line for Silver bullet? Is it really long?

The first time I rode it it was like a 1 1/2 hour wait, but that was the day after it opened. Since then I've never seen it longer then 20 minutes tops, but I usually go on weekdays and I don't know how it is on weekends.

Its da real muffin man! PLZ don't eat me!!!!!

#19 supportking86

supportking86

GO BENGALS!!!!!

• 2622 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:45 AM

^^Ya, I agree now, like I said before. It would take too long for people to get that many posts.

As for the whole bored with my own PKI, well, I only go there a couple of times a year because it would be way too boring to just go every week and doing the same thing over and over! I like to build coasters rather than riding them. Go ahead and call me weird, but I'm more interested at the structure of the ride and comparing them with my own creations. That's just how I am.

SK86

Posted Image

#20 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:49 AM

a helpful hint. Never take SK86 on Kingda Ka. Never, ever, ever, ever, EVER.

CC10 :D

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback