• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dakanektr

Dakanektr

SSC's Official DP Fanboy

• 3068 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

KNOEBEL'S GROVE, 18/8/05

Wow, what a park. Since this was my first time here, I was blown away by how well the treeline hides everything in the park.

To start off, we headed right over to Power Surge. One of my favorite flat rides yet. I like it better as a single rider, since you lean to the side. After experiencing that amazing.....experience, we headed over to the "High Speed Thrill Coaster", totaling in an amazing 18 feet tall. Despite all the statistics, this thing packs a punch in the back. It really does. After that, we hit the Zamperla Pirate Ship, then the Zamperla Swings. We headed over to Satellite, which is a variation of a Salt+Pepper shaker. Damn this thing hurts. I guarantee you'll walk off with one bruise, but despite the pain it is alot of fun. After that, we went over to the Skloosh. A chute-the-chute type ride, it gets you soaked. I didn't really feel like getting soaked at 1, so I passed that up while my cousin and sister rode. In the meantime, I rode Powersurge. Again, fun.. After being a single rider on PS, we went to the most lame-ass scrambler I've ever been on. This was really pointless. After riding Scrambler, we headed over to the newest wooden coaster, Twister. I had high expectations, but they soon fell short after the first drop. The pre lift and pre second lift areas are very rough and need to be banked drastically. The same goes for the "turnaround", before the first drop. The drop wasn't spectacular, but the second best part of the ride. Not very smooth. The rest of the ride, until the tunnel, just plain sucked. After the tunnel, a boring turnaround back into the uniquely curving station. Bah. Worst. Woodie. Ever.

After that, we headed back to the car for a quick packed lunch. It was kinda gross in the park area because it was very buggy, but we ate quickly and left soon thereafter. We then headed for the Ferris Wheel. Not the best I've ever been on, because it needs to make more stops at the top. After riding that drone, we went to some clone of the Millenium 2000 flyers at DP. These were very intense and put alot on you. Kinda hurts the neck. After that, If I remember correctly, we headed over to the Pheonix area. On the way we hit the Tilt-a Whirl and the Roundup. Right after riding those-the Pheonix. Wow. One airtime ridden high speed woodie you can't miss. I recommend the front, as the further back you go the more rough the airtime is. It is best in front. We then headed over to Fandango. A boringHuss frisbee at best. It did however go past horizonatal, so I guess thats a plus. After that, we went over to the Haunted House. Wow. Very scary if you have a wild imagination(like me). Otherwise, cheesy. Yet very fun. I got whacked by the door because I was sticking my head out of the car to dodge something on the other side. Ouch. I rerode with my cousin who nearly pissed himself, and we then loooked at the antique Carousel horses in some store. Very neat. After that, we headed over to the Pheonix again(this time with my cousin) and we all loved it. I tried the back, not knowing how rough it was, and I probably would've had a better time if it hadn't been for a fat guy who insisted to fill the seat after the lap bars closed. Bah. Rough as hell, with a side of geezer...eh. Since my chicken cousin was deemed "brave" by my grandmother, he chose to ride the flume, which we also did. It was very dry for a flume, but the last drop really is great. After "gtting wet" we headed back to the Twister. My sister rode this time, but she loved it. Boggles me why..she bought the pic and I got a shirt, despite how much I despised the coaster. Afterwards, we hit the Skloosh. I got soaking wet, but it is a water ride so what can you do? After that, we headed over to the Pheonix again and rerode 3 more times after the first. I love this coaster, it secured a solid #2 in my list of best. After that, we had to start to leave, but on the way we hit the Magic Carpet, the Pirate Ship and Power Surge one last time.

Overall, a great park, if you're in the area, do not miss the Pheonix, all you need is 2 bucks to ride and theres
no admission fee to the park.

Posted Image

-matt-