• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coasteragent99

coasteragent99

Entry Engineer

• 765 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 01:16 PM

Here it is.

One year sure goes by fast, it was the middle of August again, time to go to the best park ever made. I woke up at 5:00 AM, and after getting ready, we left at 6:50, the bus ride was about 2-3 hours, didn't eat anything when we stopped for breakfast. When we finally got there, we were probably about 15-30 mins after the park opened (at 10:00, I thought it was 9:30 so got pretty alarmed) Most rides were closed since it was raining wuite a bit, but later when Raptor opened, I should've went on it since one of my friends who did hardly had a line to wait. Anyways, I went on Troika, then walked all the way to corkscrew (I would always talk about "going under the corkscrews corkscrews" :\) which wasn't that boring considering it was one of my first rides there, and it wasn't even as rough or head banging as I expected. Later, I went back to ride Wicked Twister, and the friend I rode with was horribly scared of heights, I never told him the height of the towers (215 ft) until in the middle of the line, where he couldn't turn back :P. Then it was Raptor, an almost 2 hr wait, more than 2/3 of it was in the sun, burning me like crazy. But the ride made up for it well, the jerking was rather enjoyable, I especially liked the zero g roll. Then I went on Blue Streak, then on Skyride down to the Poer Tower, the line was short so I rode it twice, first the up launching one, then the one that launches you down, which made me realize just how much better the down launch one was (which was no wonder there was actually a line for it, there was no line for the other one) Then I got in line for Top Thrill Dragster. It started raining again, so of course, some people left while I just standed there and waited, of course, no other rides were open so there was no point to walk around. Later the rain cleared, and after a long time it went up again. For the first run, it rolled back (darn line, I didn't get to ride the rollback), and then after a while, it went again, barely making it up and around. After I got up, I went on it. The 2g launch as always, felt like a time warp, while later going up into the heavens, with good strong airtime, then as my arms went up, the ride went down, the best part was the massive structure twisting around me, it felt like I was going to hit it. Later, I went on the Millennium Force which had quite a line, and even broke down in the middle of queuing, but it was a good ride. I seemed to have swallowed alot of air, there was just so much wind, considering the ride was around 2 mins or so. Then, I had to get back, I went on the skyride to get some rest since I was horrible exhausted, then got back to the bus. I was about 45-50 mins late. Anyways, throughout the day, I didn't eat lunch as usual, and worst of all, I missed Mantis, Magnum, and Maxair, thanks to those retarded lines. >:( Oh well, the trip was mostly pretty good, it was supposed to rain all day according to weather.com, but as always, the weather there is unpredictable, or perhaps I was just lucky. I brought a disposeable camera there and used all 27 shots. Once they get developed, I'll scan them and post them. Thats it, my rather short trip report, getting as much as I could remember.

Here's a route map that shows where I went to. You might have to click it to enlarge it as the resizer often makes it unreadable.

Posted Image

#2 awclark

awclark

Architect

• 354 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 01:03 PM

Nice TR! Sounds like you had fun. I went out there for the 1st time ever this summer (I'm from NJ) and i don't think u were missin' anything on Mantis. I thought it was pretty rough for a B+M (High g's and headbangin' combined is bad). Sad though that u missed Magnum. Great ride! How come u didn't do Mean Streak? I thought that that was one fo the better woodies i've been on. The only thing that killed it was the trims on the drop. I got some airtime though. My trick to making any rought woodie smooth is to keep your back off the back rest/ seat. that way your butt takes the bumps:lol: . And I'm fine w/ that.

Sounds like u had fun though

It's a good life.......as an ACE'r

Member since 10/14/2003

Events visited: 2005 Winter Coaster Solace at KBF
....and still counting

#3 coasteragent99

coasteragent99

Entry Engineer

• 765 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 02:37 PM

I've ridden amntis last year, it was pretty fun and not too rough. Hadn't ridden mean streak in a while, last time I did, I didn't like it being rough (wasn't used to it)

Ack, last time I rode magnum, I took the very back, which was very rough, I forgot to take the 3rd row instead.