Fuji-Q Highland: Eejanaika

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#81 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

Last One? What? Where'd you hear that? You mean that they might close? I know that they are pretty much going to always only run one train, But I'd like to know where you heard it's its last season. Or who confirmened that sfmm'll be closing.
-TD

#82 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:23 PM

Six Flags announced plans Thursday to sell or close six of its properties, including the chain's once-flagship park, Magic Mountain, in Valencia, Calif.

In a press release issued after the U.S. stock market closed Thursday, Six Flags announced that it would sell the properties, to either a single buyer or multiple buyers, or that it might sell or redeploy the properties' attractions, to clear the land for real estate sale.

The six parks on the block are Magic Mountain (...)

They really have to sell X to a European park, lol. :D

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#83 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:33 PM

^Oh, that's what he meant... Still, it isn't finalized.... I hope:(.
If they do sell Magic Mountain, however, they sure as hell better keep the Sky Tower, that was there before Magic Mountain:tmbs!
-TD

#84 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:39 PM

Apparently the other trains are in peices waiting to be rebuilt. If SFMM is sold likely it will have one more season and then it will be the end.

#85 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 04:42 PM

If it gets sold it's not even guaranteed that the owner will want to run the parks. He may want to demolish it and do something completely different.

Posted Image

#86 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:10 PM

^Uh, If sfmm is sold, It's going to be more homes in an instant. Which is the last thing we need here in Valencia, But People keep porin' in by the second it seems...
-TD

#87 KNexCoasterCreator

KNexCoasterCreator

youtube.com/bmxbd

• 1012 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 09:58 PM

Hate to break it to you TD, but here's another one:

It has already announced it's in talks with investors to sell six of its parks — Six Flags Darien Lake outside Buffalo, N.Y., Six Flags Waterworld in California, Six Flags Elitch Gardens in Denver, Wild Waves and Enchanted Village outside Seattle, Six Flags Splashtown in Houston, and Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor near Los Angeles.

I know how that would feel, if GAdv were sold and taken down...I'd shoot myself. lol

#88 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 12:00 AM

I'm still sticken to my word: It's not closing. But... If it were to close, I don't think it'll be anytime soon. As in the park will be open atleast 10 years before it closes for good....
-TD

#89 Chaos

Chaos

Lead Engineer

• 1348 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 01:20 AM

Screamscape says that some of the people who got outbid for the Paramount parks are interested in buying SFMM. I'm still hoping for brand new X trains.

#90 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 10:39 AM

^That's very possable actually...
But It would be nice to see new trains. And a dropping floor... But that means X would be closed for a couple weeks....
-TD

#91 PlatinumCoasters

PlatinumCoasters

Architect

• 352 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

I am sure that it would be for at least a month or two, but if they made those changes, that would still be one of the coolest things.

- Gavin

[URL="http://www.freewebs.com/platinumcoasters"]http://www.freewebs.com/platinumcoasters[/URL]

Posted Image