CP Class trip 6/7/06

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ssfan313

ssfan313

Entry Engineer

• 953 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:11 PM

Today me and the rest of my 8th grade class headed off to Cedar Point. I got to school at about 6:30am and got on my assigned bus. We left our school shortly after at 7:00am. We arrived at the park at around 9:30ish, and me and 6 other people headed strait for the Millennium Force. To our satisfaction the line was very short, we got on in about 10 minutes which made for a great ride. When we got off I wanted to head to TTD before the line got too long, but everyone else wanted to ride Mantis while we were in the area so I joined them in line. After almost no wait for the back row on Mantis me and this other kid headed over to TTD. The wait said 1/2 hour so we hopped in line. After about 30 minutes we got somewhere in the middle of the gold train. The ride was great, we hopped off and I saw my friend Nick, and my other friend Megan. She asked me to ride TTD with her because Nick wouldn't ride it with her. I got Nick's cell phone number and told megan to call me on it when she wanted to go on TTD. After that we called up the other people we were hanging out with. There were near the ater rides in the back of the park so we headed that way. On out way there we went on Magnum and waited for one train to get second row. After magnum we decided not to join the other people because it would be too much of a hassle in a large group. We headed to Mean Streak for a quick no-wait ride. We got off quickly and ran to catch the train. We stopped at the station near Millennium Force, and to our dissapointment Millennium Force was not operating. We decided to then head over to maXair and Wicked Twister, when we got there I wanted to go on maXair because the line was not too bad, but my person I was hanging out with wanted to go on Disaster Transport (I was kind of relieved because I don't really like the kid and he was following me around) I waited roughly 30 minutes to get on maXair, but the wait was worth it. I went on directly to Wicked Twister because the wait was only 15min. I waited about 15 minutes and got the back seat. The ride seemed more intense than I remember it to be. I noticed Millennium Force was running so I went to go get in line for it. When I got there the line had a 1/2 wait. I decided it was worth it and hopped in line. Nick and Megan were in line for Gemini while I was at MF. I think Gemini's line was long because they were only running one train. I got onto MF after about 40 minutes, and just as it started to rain. It turns out that rain hurts a bit when going 93 mph. When I got off of MF, Nick, Megan, and Donny had just arrived from Gemini. Only Nick and Megan went on MF because Donny couldn't fit, and I didn't feel like waiting in the 40 minute que again. Me n' Donny went on got something to drink and after a bit of coaxing I persuaded him to go ride Sky Hawk with me. The line when we got there was only about 10 minutes, so we hurried on enjoyed a great ride. By the time we got back Nick and Megan were on Millennium Force, in fact we got there just in time to see them blaze over the final overbanked turn. They got off and we decided to ride Top Thrill Dragster (Nick decided to ride it, being hyped up from Millennium Force). Donny split up and headed to maXair with a few people while we got in line for Dragster. The wait was not very long because we got in the que right as it opened up from some down time. We waited about a half hour, and since the line was un-even and no one wanted to switch places I rode on a seperate train. Nick seemed to be satisfied with his 1st ride on TTD, so I was happy for him. We went to join Donny with a group of a few girls at maXair. We got there just as they got off, so Donny, the girls, and me went towards Power Tower. We got in line for being thrust upwards because it was shorter (as always). We waited maybe 3 minutes for that, and when we got off it was about 5pm so we had to start heading out. Donny wanted me to ride Iron Dragon with him, so I hopped on that real quick since there was no wait. When we got off that we met up with Nick and Megan at Raptor's look and we also stopped to talk to my Algebra teacher about how the day went. We then headed out because we had to be back on the busses by 5:30pm. Over all I had a very good time, and I even got to ride more rollercoasters than I did when I went Sunday for Memorial Day, which was not quite a suprise since Memorial Day is usually packed. (BTW - I didn't ride Raptor because the line was rediculously long all day, about 45 minutes)

Ride Count:
Top Thrill Dragster: 2
Millennium Force: 2
Magnum XL200: 1
Mantis: 1
Wicked Twister: 1
Mean Streak: 1
Sky Hawk: 1
maXair: 1
Iron Dragon: 1
Edit: I forgot power tower...
Power Tower: 1

Total: 12 rides.

#2 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:17 AM

Holy crap you have a lot of time on your hands... I would never type somthin that long...
anyway, I can only imaging, rain REALLY hurts at 100 mph hour on superman the escape...
lol
glad you had fun.
-TD

#3 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:57 AM

Sounds like you had fun. That's a thing I hate about class trips. You have to leave so early. If I got to go to CP during a school day until the park closes, I would have enough time to ride most of the good rides, including rerides.
That's cool that you got to ride Skyhawk. Was it running one arm or two?

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#4 Spinout

Spinout

800+ Posts

• 1085 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

Sounds like you had fun. And I know that even on some flat rides, rain can really hurt.

Posted Image

#5 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:16 AM

Skyhawk is an AMAZING ride! I rode an exact same one a ValleyFair called Xtreme swing. The force is really high. It's fun to pretend your superman, that's what most people do. But at ValleyFair you look staight down at the center lake, so it's cool.

But never spit while your on it, cause I did thinking it would go down, but it went in my friends face...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 ssfan313

ssfan313

Entry Engineer

• 953 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:25 PM

Sky Hawk was running both arms, it's a fun ride but it's too short. I prefer maXair because you get more of a variety experience.

#7 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:28 PM

Spitting on any ride is stupid and nasty.

#8 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:35 PM

Spitting in general is quite nasty. What if that landed on someone? Sometimes a penny could work, but not all rides. Like that guy that drops his camera in KK's launch track.

SSCoasters Veteran

The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#9 ssfan313

ssfan313

Entry Engineer

• 953 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 01:44 PM

Someone dropped their camera on the launch track? Link?

#10 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:48 PM

Wasn't it a cell phone? ^It was what caused the latest major downtime/incident.

SSCoasters Staff

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#11 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:49 PM

Cell phone? Camera? Camera phone? I dunno, it's still dumb.

SSCoasters Veteran

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#12 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:10 PM

I didn't spit on PURPOse. I didn't do it on Power tower because the guy said before the ride to everyone "If you spit, I call security". And I learned my lesson from skyhawk to.

I'll do some research on the kingda ka breakdown.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 ssfan313

ssfan313

Entry Engineer

• 953 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:40 PM

Oh, I know about the cell phone incident, I thought you were talking about something different.