• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:38 AM

Alright everyone.
So these days I own a welding shop and do a lot of ornamental iron work and some structural stuff.
But I’m excited that I’m going to start making my first model roller coaster from steel. Been doing a lot of computer work on it for a while now, and I’m pretty sure I want to tackle Viper at SFMM, to scale, exact supports, working… lot of laser cut and waterjet cut steel, all TIG welded, it’s going to be a long project for sure.

ANYWAY, I was talking to a buddy helping me out, and the same way I built this heartline roll is how I am going to build the track.
First, the landscape will be made from sheet metal over a laser cut base with slots for each support, then the entire support system will be made, so I can then mold the main support tube, then cross ties, then the track. It looks like the old photobucket pictures are gone, but the ones uploaded to here are not loading for me. Anyone know why/help me figure out how to find them?

Thanks.

Also, I’m insanely impressed with the models that are being made these days. It’s unbelievable what this forum is producing. Very cool stuff!

• Muzz135 likes this

#62 nj_thrills

nj_thrills

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:47 AM

Alright everyone.
So these days I own a welding shop and do a lot of ornamental iron work and some structural stuff.
But I’m excited that I’m going to start making my first model roller coaster from steel. Been doing a lot of computer work on it for a while now, and I’m pretty sure I want to tackle Viper at SFMM, to scale, exact supports, working… lot of laser cut and waterjet cut steel, all TIG welded, it’s going to be a long project for sure.

ANYWAY, I was talking to a buddy helping me out, and the same way I built this heartline roll is how I am going to build the track.
First, the landscape will be made from sheet metal over a laser cut base with slots for each support, then the entire support system will be made, so I can then mold the main support tube, then cross ties, then the track. It looks like the old photobucket pictures are gone, but the ones uploaded to here are not loading for me. Anyone know why/help me figure out how to find them?

Thanks.

Also, I’m insanely impressed with the models that are being made these days. It’s unbelievable what this forum is producing. Very cool stuff!

Welcome back! 13 years just flies by. Arrow coasters are very fun to build and I wish you luck! Some of us are still hanging around, but it is nowhere near its popularity back then. Photobucket cleaned out all the pictures, some are still left if they were uploaded after a certain date. Im afraid that you cannot see the pictures because they have been corrupted. If you want to upload a picture click the image green tree button, and click the file. I wish you luck!

#63 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:09 PM

Strangely all of my photobucket pictures are still around, but it seems like many are gone.  Shame on us for using such an awful service, but we were kids, and that was likely the best thing until we started hosting them ourselves.

Holy hell, though, welcome back TD!  Haven't seen you around in so long.  It's funny how this childhood hobby is creeping back up on many of us as adults.  I wonder who else is going to stop by.

As for the project, that sounds incredible.  Looking forward to pics!

• TwistedDreams and Nathan 310 like this

Posted Image

#64 TwistedDreams

TwistedDreams

*Redunk*

• 3123 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:30 PM

For sure man. It’s cool seeing some old names. And yes, this is definitely one of those projects that will take some years… t I’ll probably make a thread on here and post updates occasionally.

#65 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:58 PM

Please do make a thread and post updates.  Make some videos too.  

Posted Image