• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:44 PM

Hello all,

Jack here with Coaster Dynamix. Just wanted to share with you all our new project, that being a line of static models of your favorite coasters! These coasters will be available in gift stores in the amusement park with the corresponding rides for between $20~$25. Just thought I would see what the response was for these coasters. Here are some pics of what is coming soon! Hope you enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

Thats a Fantastic Idea. that would make for a cool souvenier.

would these trains work on the scorpion or dragon cd sets? or are these just meant to be displayed?

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#3 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

These static models will have plastic wheels, therefore won't have the efficiency of our current trains. However, we are planning to release a steel wheel kit that will allow these to be converted to run on our Scorpion/Dragon kit!

#4 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 02:23 PM

Wow, those are awesome. Two questions, though:

1. How big is the whole thing?
2. Do you work for CD, or are you just exceptionally good at working with it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#5 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 03:22 PM

Haha, yes...I am with Coaster Dynamix. The both models are O gauge...so 1/48th actual size...the same size as the scorpion and dragon. The base is 11''x4'' to give you an idea of the scale.

#6 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 04:00 PM

Wow. this is a great idea. you could make some very good replicas with theses trains. (i've got to get my self a scorpion:(:))

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#7 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

^Me too, 'cept they're too expensive.

Also, I just noticed some weird things in these. There's a seat support missing (third from the right, Sheikra train), the first row on Alpengeist is a bit crooked, and I think there's weird paint on the last Alpengeist row's wheel covering. I'm guessing these are prototypes, then? Nevertheless, they're too awesome to complain.

And if I wasn't such a cheapo (and if I keep finding money on the ground, like my $3 today) I'd probably get one of these.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#8 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

Those are sweet looking. Are you guys going to just stay with those two models, or are you going to make stand up/floorless models?

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#9 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:45 AM

Floorless and B&M Hyper trains are in the works.

#10 Top Thrill Dragster Freak

Top Thrill Dragster Freak

Lead Engineer

• 1093 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:22 AM

Who are you partnering with? I see you got Busch Gardens, but anyone else?

TTDfreak :D

#11 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:32 AM

Busch is the only park that we have officially announced as of yet...but we do have other parks lined up :) Keep your eyes on the look out!

#12 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:35 AM

Also, I just noticed some weird things in these. There's a seat support missing (third from the right, Sheikra train), the first row on Alpengeist is a bit crooked, and I think there's weird paint on the last Alpengeist row's wheel covering. I'm guessing these are prototypes, then? Nevertheless, they're too awesome to complain.

And if I wasn't such a cheapo (and if I keep finding money on the ground, like my $3 today) I'd probably get one of these.

You spotted the errors with our rapid prototyped model of the Griffon, and the last wheel cover on Alpie is where the paint has chipped off. The actual models will be molded in the specific colors and not painted, thus no chipping!

#13 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

Will these only be available at the parks with the ride...or will you be able to order them online from the website?

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#14 Tyrant

Tyrant

Lead Engineer

• 2803 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Do you think you could post a picture or two of the 3d CAD models you guys used? I would love to see those.

-Tyrant

Posted Image
Premier Rides Inc.
Service Engineer
www.mst.edu/~mscwxc

#15 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:54 PM

The Statix line will be available only through the park with the specific coasters. However, we will sell the floorless, hyper, and dive trains with generic colors through our site. Most parks we have been in contact with have stated they would be available by calling or ordering online through their sites. And here is a CAD pic for ya!

Posted Image

#16 NitroRyder33

NitroRyder33

zoom-zoom

• 2259 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

Kinda curious as to why you didnt add the Zero-car on the Alpengeist train

Posted Image

.:Zoom.Zoom.Forever:.

#17 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

Kinda curious as to why you didnt add the Zero-car on the Alpengeist train

We didn't add a zero-car because we are using the current scorpion trains..just molded with the individual ride's color scheme and decals. Also, 9 out of every 10 people who will buy this in the park (the general public) won't even know what a zero car is :)

#18 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 04:26 PM

^Wait... Let me take a wild guess... It's a car (with wheels, yet no seats) that holds zero people! (Kinda like a support car.)

Glad to know that there won't be any errors with the real things, too.

However, I thought they were Sheikra trains, but then again Sheikra doesn't have blue track.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#19 Sim-ple

Sim-ple

• 1025 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 02:23 AM

^Wait... Let me take a wild guess... It's a car (with wheels, yet no seats) that holds zero people! (Kinda like a support car.)

Glad to know that there won't be any errors with the real things, too.

However, I thought they were Sheikra trains, but then again Sheikra doesn't have blue track.

Didn't know if you spotted it, but Jack said the tarin you're looking at is the train model of Griffon. Didn't know if you saw it, so just helping you out.

SFGAmBanner.gif

Best Come-Back Member 2005

#20 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 06:54 AM

I know, he told me after I said that, and I was just saying I thought they were Sheikra trains, but I noticed that Sheikra doesn't have blue track but Griffon does.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!