Coaster Dynamix introduces "Statix"

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#21 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

I know, he told me after I said that, and I was just saying I thought they were Sheikra trains, but I noticed that Sheikra doesn't have blue track but Griffon does.

Nor does Sheikra have 10 seats across ;)

#22 topthriller

topthriller

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 12:41 PM

I am very excited about this!!:) My family and I are going to Busch Gardens Tampa on July 16th!! Will the Sheikra train be in the souvenier stores by then at BGT??

#23 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 01:25 PM

Nice!

I honestly suggest CoasterDynamix make just model roller coaster trains just for display. I would buy tons of CD if they were just that. It would be awesome to have one of my favortire coasters train in my room.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#24 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 09 June 2007 - 07:08 PM

That's what this is. Jack said in one of the first posts that these have plastic wheel kits and won't have the efficiency to run on the track. These are for display.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#25 Sim-ple

Sim-ple

• 1025 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:10 AM

That's what this is. Jack said in one of the first posts that these have plastic wheel kits and won't have the efficiency to run on the track. These are for display.

But, there was also a chance to them having/buying the wheels needed to be used on actual CoasterDynamix models.

SFGAmBanner.gif

Best Come-Back Member 2005

#26 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

Nice!

I honestly suggest CoasterDynamix make just model roller coaster trains just for display. I would buy tons of CD if they were just that. It would be awesome to have one of my favortire coasters train in my room.

-IMC-

Does this mean you think we should not produce operating models anymore? You would buy them if they were "just" that? What is the reasoning behind this? We have sold thousands and thousands of Scorpion and Comet kits. Why would we stop?
Perhaps you would change your tune if we told you that we were making operational scale trains for Knex.....

#27 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:13 PM

^If you guys did that, you would sell hundreds to us alone. Oh, and don't listen to him, he says stupid things sometimes.

I think what you have here is awesome, if you made a scale Raging Bull train, I would definetly buy it. I am sure if you made them with the wheels so it actually works, you would make even more from them...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#28 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:37 PM

Sorry, I must have explained it wrong. Keep what you're doing. I was thinking model coaster trains just to have on the desk at work, or on a shelf at home would be cool. I don't expect this to happen, I am saying it would be cool to have something other than clothes of my favorite roller coaster.

I haven't seen any replica roller coaster car models anywhere, and if there were they would probably be very expensive.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:01 PM

Sorry, I must have explained it wrong. Keep what you're doing. I was thinking model coaster trains just to have on the desk at work, or on a shelf at home would be cool. I don't expect this to happen, I am saying it would be cool to have something other than clothes of my favorite roller coaster.

I haven't seen any replica roller coaster car models anywhere, and if there were they would probably be very expensive.

-IMC-

That's exactly what we are hoping to do...fill that void of "replica coaster cars". Our thoughts are with you exactly that it would be cool to have a replica of your fav. coaster on your work desk or your home self. Statix would fill this void as well as hitting the collectible market with enthusiasts!

#30 imakecoasters

imakecoasters

2X "Most Entertaining"

• 3797 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:20 PM

Exactly! This will be really cool. I really like CD, it's is definitely the best coaster model set out there (unless you're blind and think K'nex look more realistic). But the reason I don't have one is mainly because I have little money. I'm not saying the prices are too expensive, I think they are perfectly priced. I just think something like these model coaster trains is exactly what needs to be made.

-IMC-

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#31 Tyrant

Tyrant

Lead Engineer

• 2803 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:17 PM

I am very interested in the modeling program you use. I am a very experienced user in Autodesk Inventor, 3dsmax, Unigraphics NX, and currently using Solidworks at my job (3D CAD drafter for Monsanto). I already began making my own scale B&M floorless models in CAD a while ago, but was wondering what process you guys went buy. Following blueprints from the manufacture? or just eyeballing it?

Also, what kind of printer are you using for your prototypes? I have had experience with some shitty printers (from my HS days) to some amazing 3d printers (Gotta love an Engineering department with money to spare) at my college. What kind of tolerances are you using? Any technical info would be greatly appricated.

-Tyrant

Posted Image
Premier Rides Inc.
Service Engineer
www.mst.edu/~mscwxc

#32 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:48 AM

Hey guys, just thought we would show some new pics of the Statix line. These are currently en route to Busch Gardens Europe and will be available (hopefully) by weeks end! Enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#33 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

Coolest. Trains. EVER.

*Jaw drops* :eek

I'm guessing those are the plastic-wheeled ones, right?
And how much do they cost?
(Hydra the Revenge next, pwease?)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#34 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

We will post some Hydra pics as soon as we get some. The cost of the trains we are suggesting is between $20~30 however the pricing is in the parks hands.

#35 blingdylan

blingdylan

Construction Foreman

• 159 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

And i keep wishing they would make trains like that for knex.

--»»DyLsTa««-- WaS hErE!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- That was a great ride,the Kmg Experience.

#36 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:16 PM

^Not gonna happen.

Those are gorgeous. The Griffon one is so realistic, it has the first and second row 'connected' in a way, just like the real thing. You guys pay attention to the smallest details!

*Thinks about a Maverick train*
^I would drool over that. (hint hint!)

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#37 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:45 PM

Or The Beast or The Voyage for the woodies...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#38 ka_toro77

ka_toro77

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

Or toro...with the bull on the front!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#39 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

or dragster with the big wheels at the back ^^

Posted Image

#40 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:23 PM

The Statix models for both Talon and Hydra at Dorney Park are now available on their website for presale. Enjoy!

http://www.cfmarketp...odels-C140.aspx