• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 05:10 PM

Well, today we went to Dorney.

We left at around 8:00, and arrived there at 9:50. There was almost NO-ONE there, and we got first row parking! We went on Talon first (like fantom said), and it was a walk-on. The fifth row was pretty good, and the ride was great! (However, watch that helix after the immelmann, it's a real killer.) Then we walked to Hydra, which was awesome! We rode it twice, both walk-ons too. The JoJo roll is really great, because you fall out of your seat (literally), so make sure you have a few inches between you and the restraints. Trust me, the restraints kill the ride. (Who cares if it's "less safe". Just push 'em down while entering the cobra roll.) The first seat is a must-ride for the JoJo roll, and the middle seats are must rides for the 0-gs. If you don't hold on during them, you literally float through them without touching the seat or restraint (if you have the space I told you to make.)

Then we made our way to Thunderhawk, which, of course, was a walk-on. It was pretty good, but the constant brakes almost killed it and it was sort of bumpy. However, it IS over 80 years old, and I almost fell out of my seat. The ending brakes are like a brick wall... Seriously. Almost as bad as that Wild Mouse's brakes (which we didn't go on due to the brakes) which is like putting Kingda Ka's launch straight into a mountain. (Fine, more like 10mph into brakes, but still, it looked very, very scary.)

Then, we went over to Steel Force, another walk-on. There's nothing special about it, and it's really mellow, like a kiddie coaster. There's almost no G's on the drop, and it's just floater airtime. Next was Laser, yet another almost walk-on. Oh jeez, it was horrible. Besides being two annoying Svdafkjogknlasg (Schwarzkopf) loops ONE AFTER THE OTHER (torture! They have too many G's for a loop!), the helixes were worse! Once you got used to their funky banking, it banked even more/less! Ever hear of "constant banking"? Well, Svdafkjogknlasg hasn't. Personally, it was torture; I limit it to 1 ride per visit, just to make the other rides feel better.

After the madhouse coaster, we went on Hydra two times in a row, both walk-ons, of course. It was fun, no duh. Then we went on Talon two times too, which was when I noticed a bird's nest over the queue for row five. (It's in a crack near the ceiling; you can see it while waiting, for anyone going soon.)

We had lunch at 12:00 at the Coaster Drive In, which I think should've been called the Coaster Ride In. It was good food, but we didn't have anything to drink.

Then we went to our car, got our bathing suits on, and went to the waterpark. It was a bit crowded, though, so we only went on one waterslide and went back to the park. On the way back, I saw a bolt of lightning in the distance, so I figured that the park would close soon and we should get our last rides in. So we went on Hydra twice, and then after deciding to go one more time, we waited about 5 minutes for the front row. Then we walked back over to Talon. We immediately went for the front row. It was another 5 minute wait. Then we went on it two more times, both in the middle.

Overall, we went on:
Talon - 7 times, 28 inversions total
Hydra - 7 times, 49 inversions total
Thunderhawk - 1 time, no inversions
Steel Force - 1 time, no inversions
Laser - 1 time, 2 inversions

We rode on all the coasters a total of 17 times and we experienced 79 inversions.

By that time, I was a little loopy (no pun intended), plus that storm was coming in. By the time we left, lightning was striking every so often, and I bet the park closed. Despite it only being 2:00, we got a ton of rides in! Then we went home, and I wrote this long report. Pictures and a video or two some time this week.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#2 SFGreatAdventure Fan

SFGreatAdventure Fan

TripleHelix's bro

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:52 PM

Pictures!!!

The gallery for those who would like to browse it: http://www.sscoaster.../cat/707/page/1

Talon's Helix:
Posted Image

Talon's 0-G Roll:
Posted Image

Hydra's Drop and 0-G roll:
Posted Image

Hydra's Cobra Roll:
Posted Image

Hydra's Drop and 0-G Roll:
Posted Image

Steel Force's Hill:
Posted Image

Steel Force's Bunny Hill:
Posted Image

Laser's Lift and Two Loops:
Posted Image

And the video:
http://s178.photobuc...neyParkTrip.flv

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#3 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:45 AM

wow, cool! my youth group is going to Dorney Park on the 18th. Thanks for the advice!

are the two loops on Laser more than double as bad as the loop on Superduperlooper?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#4 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:22 AM

^I dunno, I've never ridden it, but I bet they are worse because they're bigger and back-to-back. It's not even the loops that are killer; it's the helixes, too.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#5 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 09:23 AM

wow, cool! my youth group is going to Dorney Park on the 18th. Thanks for the advice!

are the two loops on Laser more than double as bad as the loop on Superduperlooper?

Sometimes. You can go on a good day and they are nice and forceful like Triple Helix said, even though he didn't like them that way. I don't like how on Superduperlooper it isn't as forceful as other Schwarzkopf's.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#6 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:41 PM

hahaha I love Dorney. Laser is a fun coaster as long as (take note FXC) you prepare for the turn right after the second loop. Its a real killer if you do not expect it but the rest of the ride is fun.

Also, my favorite ride there is without a doubt DOMINATOR. wow, that ride is so fun and pretty scary. Dorney is built on a hill and it makes the 200 foot tower seem like Millennium Force.

Anyway, sounds like you had a great trip. My last two have sucked because the first time it was storming and the second time my cell got stolen by some a$$holes.