• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 09:19 PM

www3.cedarfair.com/canadaswonderland/#actions

What do you guys think it will be? Personally, I think it will be another beemer. Somebody on another site said they saw a sign that said "And you were excited for Millennium Force!" Do they have your attention yet? lolz

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#2 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

b&m hyper is what many of us seem to agree on from what I've read. I'm so happy. This gives me a reason to buy a pass next year cause cedar fair owns paramount and puts good coasters into the park. We don't have one intamin or b&m or any other good coaster. We pretty much have all vekoma/togo clones except for a couple of coasters. I also only live 20 minutes away from the park. This will give lots of people a thrill and a scare at wonderland because most people fear top gun and regard it as a scary you have to be tough type coaster..and it's only a standard vekoma slc. LOL.

Posted Image

#3 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:15 PM

Latest rumors I have heard claim that this is now an Intamin giga coaster that is similar to MF. Suppossedly, it will be inbetween 310 and 350 feet high and around the same length. If this is true, and it is as large as it says it will be, then I think I will wait to go ride it a couple years, unless I make a mad dash in the morning.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#4 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:42 PM

^I can't really see that happening. Cedar Fair is already in financial trouble with the "more-than-they-could-swallow" Paramount Parks. A B&M hyper is possible, but an Intamin Giga would be pushing the budget.

But hey, I could be wrong...

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#5 ka_toro77

ka_toro77

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

Well in one of thier postings for a new ride mechanic, CW specified heights of 106m or 347 feet. Since nothing in the park is even close to this height it definately leads me to believe an Intamin Giga is in store.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:51 PM

Well, I don't think it would be a CF purchase, because they just bought the parks last year at this time. If this ride is going to be to that magnitude, it would have been in the works when Paramount owned the park. Who knows though.

Posted Image

#7 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 09:56 PM

I was looking on the website today and there was some height bar that said 27ft next to it. I don't know if the total number of bars had anything to do with the total height so I counted 45 of them and every 7=29ft. from what was highlighted. IF this is true, then it will be 186ft. An intamin giga at 340ft+ seems a bit rediculous to me and when looking at pics of the footers, they looked b&mish regardless.

Edit: of course CF bought it, why would paramount invest millions of dollars and then sell the parks. It's not as if that investment would boost the total sales value by much anyways. It's not worth their while.

Edit: interesting link I found... http://image.bayimg.com/dagbjaabc.jpg

Posted Image

#8 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

http://www.cwmania.c...lbum=124&pos=48
heres a look at the footers....i don't know the difference between and intamin footer and a B&M footer. whats the diff?

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#9 knex-man

knex-man

Dutch Details employee

• 573 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

It's a B&M coaster. Look at the site and set the datum of your computer on 28 august...

http://www3.cedarfai...rland/index.cfm

#10 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

New update on their site. The height bar is at 12 notches and it says 58 feet. Obviously, this doesn't go to scale of what was there earlier. Any thoughts?

If this was it's own scale, its telling us a 217.5 ft coaster...

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#11 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:18 PM

Wow, it looks fun. Are we allowed to show a picture of it, or no?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#12 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:34 PM

why are we still speculating....read the LINK http://image.bayimg.com/dagbjaabc.jpg

Posted Image

#13 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

dude i just tried to put august 28 setting and it worked lmao. It looks like a beemer invert. Finally, people at wonderland will stop getting hyped up about a stupid crappy SLC. Now they'll see what's really out there.

Edit: I know what's going on...they found out people were decompiling the flash file so they just made the picture an invert to throw us off LOL. CW are noobs.

Posted Image

#14 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:55 PM

^No, I still see the hyper...

If they DO change it to an invert, I got a picture of the hyper! ^_^

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#15 mtlfootballer10

mtlfootballer10

WHY SO SERIOUS?!?

• 184 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:50 PM

its definaly a b and m coaster but on the right it looks like a mega coaster, on the left like an invert (on august 28)
so im confused a lot

Posted Image
credit to MUAH

Posted Image

GADV 2008!

#16 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:57 PM

That'd be Patriot they're showing. Obviously, they wouldn't put 2 full sized inverts in one park. Its definatly a hyper.

SSCoasters Staff

#17 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:20 PM

175ft. is small though, I want it to be bigger.

Posted Image

#18 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:02 PM

Posted Image

Heres a job offer they put up. Read bold

Rides Mechanical Supervisor

CANDIDATE PROFILE: We are looking for a strong leader to join our Supervisory Team. The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker with proven time-management and people- management skills. The successful candidate will have the ability to positively motivate the team, multi -task and meet the challenges of a fast paced diverse environment.

SCOPE OF POSITION: In conjunction with the Manager the Supervisor will plan, schedule, organize and oversee the maintenance of the Rides Mechanical daily operations, annual re-builds, PM programs and installations.

JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:

* Committed to providing a high level of service and maintenance for our guest
* Assists with the planning, development and strategies for the rides department
* Recruit, hire, train and supervise seasonal mechanical maintenance team
* Ensures all related PM programs are completed and appropriately documented within the designed maintenance system.
* Plans, schedules and supervises the rides mechanical maintenance of the park rides and related equipment.
* Assists the Manager with budgets, ordering, hiring, training and development
* Assists with the coordination and supervision of all new ride installations, upgrades and modifications
* Act as a liaison between department crews, external departments and contractors and ride manufactures as needed
* Oversee records, reports, inspections, processes and procedures related to Rides Mechanical

REQUIREMENTS:

* Leading by example the Supervisor will have a strong Mechanical knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and general mechanical maintenance. A knowledge of electrical control systems would be an asset.
* Ensuring all Health & Safety guidelines are adhered to, the Supervisor will continually improve existing procedures and systems proposing improvements where applicable.
* Proven supervisory/leadership experience
* Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a licensed technician in a mechanical trade in a diverse environment
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Proven ability to lead a team in a positive and productive manner
* Strong judgment and analytical skills
* Valid Ontario driver’s license
* Ability to work from manuals and blue prints is essential
* Ability to work shifts weekends and holidays as required
* Ownership of tools and safety boots
* Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
* Required to meet the physical demands of the job including: weights of up to 23kg, heights of 106m, frequent standing, walking, twisting, reaching, bending, crawling and ability to work with ladders

106m = 347, ka_toro77 is right. I don't know of any ride a Canada's Wonderland that high. So, yeah.

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#19 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:09 PM

the animations of the hyper look more convincing than that

Posted Image

#20 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:36 AM

Goliath is 174 feet and 10 inches and Dragon Mountain is 186 feet, so the 175 still wouldn't be the tallest in Canada. Since CW said that Canada has never seen anything like it, I really think it will be taller than said 175 feet. If its not a hyper, then everything a just said is bullcrap. lol

SSCoasters Staff