Behemoth @ Canada's Wonderland

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#21 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:33 AM

maybe they planned it all from the start, to trick everyone with fake images and animations until the day actually comes

Posted Image

#22 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:53 AM

^True.

In other news, someone on KICentral just reported seeing 4 flat beds yesterday with yellow and orange B&M track and blue supports heading north on I-75 while coming home from CP. And for those of you who don't know, the steel plant that makes B&M's track is just east of Cincinnati.

SSCoasters Staff
The SSCoasters Forum Rules

cincinnatibearcats07sp-1.jpg

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

Coaster Count: 300

#23 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:45 PM

At this point, I think it's safe to say that it's all but announced.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan
Coaster Count: 312

Character - What you do when nobody is watching.
Facebook | Youtube | Twitter

#24 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

B&M track is now CONFIRMED at the park with 2 photos to prove it!

http://i240.photobuc...to/DSCF2041.jpg
http://i240.photobuc...to/DSCF2043.jpg

Posted Image

#25 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:10 PM

^True.

In other news, someone on KICentral just reported seeing 4 flat beds yesterday with yellow and orange B&M track and blue supports heading north on I-75 while coming home from CP. And for those of you who don't know, the steel plant that makes B&M's track is just east of Cincinnati.

Same color track/supports found on site. Trying to find the picture, but I can't remember where it was, and I'm on a different computer right now. Kind of Like Talon, but with bluer supports. Somebody please find them. I'm still looking.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#26 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:23 PM

Ya know what, I think this is going to be an invert. Call me crazy, but you don't see a paintjob like that on anything other than an invert. Look at Raptor. The green on the top of the spine is the same color as the rails/crossties. Same in this situation. That piece of track is also way too twisty to be a hyper coaster, unless it had a Mantis-like turnaround.

Posted Image
Goliath(SFGAm)|Bizarro(SFNE)|BDash|Toro|Maverick|Voyage|Banshee|WickedCyclone|Skyrush|Leviathan

#27 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

^It can be a prelift. When I first saw it I thought invert too. But I still think it will be a hyper.

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#28 ka_toro77

ka_toro77

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:30 PM

I sincerely hope it is not an invert. I may be going next year and I want something awesome, not just another standard size invert.

I just checked on rcdb.com and an invert makes even more sense now. Cananda only has three. The tallest is Le Vampire at La Ronde at 105' and it only has 5 inversions. The slogan "Canada's never seen anything like it." now fits.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#29 Antinos

Antinos

Is it smooth and long?

• 8086 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

If this is a 175 foot invert, then that isn't standard size. That is also something that Canada has definately never seen before.

Posted Image

#30 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:09 PM

dude that could be the turn into the lift...watch it be a huge flyer

Posted Image

#31 mtlfootballer10

mtlfootballer10

WHY SO SERIOUS?!?

• 184 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:36 PM

i know its probably not truw but it could be part of the s turn shown in the final animation.
idk its probably invert but i want hyper

Posted Image
credit to MUAH

Posted Image

GADV 2008!

#32 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:41 PM

just a few more days and we'll know

Posted Image

#33 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:43 PM

Heres something from ScreamScape

2008 - B&M Hypercoaster - Semi-Confirmed - (8/23/07) Some innovative coaster fans put their hacking skills to work on the Flash countdown program running on the front page of the park’s website. In addition to counting down the hours until the big announcement, it seems the little height meter on the right side grows as time goes on. It’s currently up to 58 feet right now, but if you advance your computers clock ahead a day or two, it grows in size as the hours count down up to 175 feet. The construction background also changes to show a finished B&M coaster, though they used an Inverted in this case for some reason. The thought is that by the end they will replace this animation with the graphics of the real announcement, which is still thought to be in the 200 foot range.

And just so you know, that animation is on there website, well part of it. Canada's Wonderland

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#34 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:56 PM

some people are pointing towards invert now with the track pics. I have no opinion on what it is now. Funny how it has the exact color scheme of Talon@DP

http://flickr.com/ph...19127978&size=o

http://flickr.com/ph...18262941&size=o

Posted Image

#35 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:51 AM

I dunno, talon's supports look more purple. But it wouldn't be all that bad if it was a Talon clone, talon is a great ride. Easily the best at Dorney.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#36 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 10:58 AM

From the few pictures of track that we have, I cannot tell if its inverted track or sitdown/regular track. If somebody gets a good picture before Monday, we should be able to tell what it is.

SSCoasters Staff

GigaSonic XLC, Déjà Vu, Werewolf, WildSide, Thunderhawk, Kaibutsu, Diamondback, Couloir

SVengeance|Voyage|LightningRod|Goliath(SFGAm)|OutlawRun|Fury325|RF2|Taron|StormChaser|Orion|

#37 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:05 AM

^they look exactly the same...you would need a train or a station segment or block segment to distinguish them

^^it's not a talon clone because it's going to be 175 ft.

Posted Image

#38 pkiknex25

pkiknex25

Ello!!!

• 8238 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 11:58 AM

^Actually, no. If you compare the track ties on different types of B&M coasters, they are different. http://www.coasterbu...spotting101.htm

Its only noticable if you're looking for it, otherwise its just invisible to the eye.

SSCoasters Staff

#39 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

the ties don't look like they curve in the pic... so sit down coaster?

edit: you know what just came to me.. maybe it's a floorless? Canada doesn't have one.

Posted Image

#40 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 02:00 PM

^Lol, I was thinking the same thing...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image