The Official "Hi I'm new Topic"

• Please log in to reply
502 replies to this topic

#461 EricB

EricB

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi. I'm Eric, and I've been into K'Nex since I was really young. I started with maybe 100 K'Nex that my brother had, and now I have thousands. Right now, I'm in the process of counting them, and so far I have 2,953 rods. I haven't been doing much K'Nex until recently, but hopefully this forum will help me get back into them. =]

#462 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:58 PM

Welcome to the site ZZ and Eric!

#463 Batwing

Batwing

Architect

• 375 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I've known about SSC for a little while now and after receiving recommendations from current members of youtube, I've finally joined to share my designs with the world!

As a summary of my interests, I'd say "all things coaster", since I play rct3, Nolimits, am a member of coasterforce, visit theme parks whenever I can, film off and on ride footage and of course construct K'nex coasters. I've had a little theme park in my bedroom for a few years now, with currently 3 coasters in at the moment and have a moderate amount of space and pieces. (Ideally I'd like more though :) )

Here's my coaster building history (of coasters I've filmed as there are many more!):

Tangled - My first fully custom coaster featured a crude elastic band launch and a few decent elements (shook like hell though!) - Tangled - K'nex Micro roller coaster (with POV) - YouTube
Skyloop - Its successor - a 'better' launched coaster which I constructed over the summer of 2011, using the Rocket boost launcher, due to the actual set not completing a circuit. Shook again - Skyloop - K'nex micro launched coaster - YouTube
Brain Buster - Now for the good coasters. This is a quite crazy little eurofighter-like coaster - K'nex micro Eurofighter - Brain Buster HD - YouTube
Voracious - A fairly large and quite unorthodox invert using the proper inverted trains and featuring a novel drop, a vertical loop and a wingover through the station - Voracious - K'nex Micro Inverted Coaster - YouTube
Vortex - Multi - looper coming soon!

So I'll be posting a thread about Vortex and a more comprehensive building history when I can, as well as making a signature.

Thanks,

Batwing (aka. CoasterCrazy/CoasterCrazy014)

#464 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Welcome Batwing! Look forward to seeing what you can create on the site. Like how you have incorporated in theming into your models so far.

#465 Bassboost93

Bassboost93

Uhm...Yeah

• 212 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

hello my Real Name Is Levi I Got Normal Knex: 1SS Set 1 RR Set,1 SR set ,the Pirate ship park set,theStarburst spinner,the Musical Ferris wheel and alot of rest pieces and Micro Knex Sets: Double Dare Dueling Coaster,Super Cyclone Coaster,motorized madness ballmachine,Dragons Drop

Posted Image

Loop De Loop!

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Racers!

#466 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

Hey Levi. Welkom op SSC.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#467 RobinRide

RobinRide

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

Hello SSC,

You may know me from my boomerang coaster, but i didn't introduce myself here.
So, i'm Robin Bergervoet. I live in the Netherlands and I've always been fond of roller coasters & fairground rides.
I'm third-year student mechatronics, and in the weekend i work at a company that makes shutters.
My hobby's are knex ofcourse, but i also built fairground rides in scale 1:24, ( Click here to see a picture of them. )
I also like to visit fairgrounds and amusement parks, occasionally i make videos of those rides and place them on my youtube account.

Now i'm working on an new knex rollercoaster, i will show this ride soon.

Greetings, Robin.

#468 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

Welcome Robin! Look forward to seeing you around the site.

#469 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:27 AM

Hey! Took you a while to get on here ;)

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#470 sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR

Construction Foreman

• 176 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Hi, this account is new for me. It's been two years since my last activity. I was originally CLK10 (I lost that password) , I figured that I need a new identity on SSC (after all, it's been 2 years). Anyways I'll be back into building coasters starting Spring. I usually build coasters using tube supports, over the traditional rods and connectors style. I have never actually completed a roller coaster. I have interests in gaming and Rubik's Cubes. I solve the 3x3 in 40 secs :D Also, I am close friends with Turtle Man 24, prior to my 2-year inactivity. BTW, my name says: ReadThisBackwards.

I need help trying to find and join my old group. It's called Builders of Faith. Any help will be much appreciated, for I want to put my group signature on. Thanks

Edited by sdrawkcaBsihTdaeR, 27 February 2014 - 02:43 PM.

#471 Terry Hughes

Terry Hughes

Knex Coaster Noob

• 147 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

Greetings!

I'm a noob to the forums, knex, and coaster designing. My addiction started a month ago when I scored a Spiral Serpent set at Goodwill for $15. I snatched the box from the shelf all possessive like under the knowledge that knex is not cheep (well retail that is). I quickly built that set and after 2 days of watching it grew bored because as cool as it is, it doesn't resemble a real coaster.So I tore it down and just as fast as I started planning something different realized I that my 1,000 pieces really didn't amount to anything.

So off to amazon I go, snag some $30 500 piece sets for $8 and oh... the track isn't compatible, and oh, all these little sets are made entirely from micro. Oh... Look on YouTube and find mega awesome recreations and I have zilch. Reading on Amazon comments someone posted to goto ebay. There went my state tax return! I now have 30 lbs thanks to goodwill lot sets, my first SS and VV just showed up today, and I have 30 more lbs along with 2 more SS and a robotic set due next week.

Thanks to YouTube I found this forum, you peeps build some cool &$!+ even with my stack of sorted out totes I still don't feel like I can build anything close to what you guys have but that is not going to stop me. I finally registered to see the tutorials and oh boy! Learned a lot so far.

I have a pretty active life so not sure how often I will be on here, but I wanted to at least share my story of how I became am addict and to say thanks for being here and I look forward to future creations.

Edited by Terry Hughes, 07 May 2014 - 10:07 PM.
correcting autocorrect

#472 MadameArtemis

MadameArtemis

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

Hey...

Lol so basically, I got interested in coasters four or five weeks ago, thanks to my best friend. I love riding them, and just rode my first inverted coaster five days ago. And so maybe I thought "hey, my best friend is always on this site so why don't I just join." It looks pretty cool, although I'm extremely new to all of this stuff. But coaster designing looks like fun, so this site seems perfect. And well yea. :)

#473 BGTKing

BGTKing

Administrator

• 7516 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

Welcome. I assume your friend is Zach?

#474 thegreatxyz

thegreatxyz

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

Hello SSC.

Hi I'm mark a student Mechatronics/electronics.
I recently planned to build some robots and wanted to use my k'nex to build them.
I'm currently working on making special k'nex parts with a 3d printer so that I can ad special components like motors, sensors, programmable microcontrollers (arduino),pneumatic and spring operated parts to my builds.
Got interested in SSC because I saw a few post about people also into printing k'nex parts.
Time for the rise of smart k'nex robot's and who knows maybe a fancy coaster .

#475 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hi Mark, that's interesting. Can you share with us what parts you're designing? I am sure there are many people interested in what you're doing, including myself.

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg

#476 thegreatxyz

thegreatxyz

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

I will post some pics of the parts in the future once I'm satisfied with parts. At this moment i'm very close to getting perfect 3d printed circular connectors (aiming for about +/-0.1mm tolerance).
Once i get those right it will be a piece of cake to design most special parts.

#477 24fan

24fan

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:21 AM

Hello my name is Arthur I've been building knex for a couple of years just found this forum yesterday just wanna get some advise on building coasters

#478 banbygge

banbygge

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

[ATTACH]8563[/ATTACH]

Hi my name is Alex, from Sweden. I just joined this forum since i love model roller coasters. I have a big coaster dynamix Dragon set I found on ebay a couple of months ago, I've been wanting one for years so I was thrilled. Recently I've been thinking of creating a K'nex model coaster, but everywhere I looked, I only found these toy looking models. Even those that labeled their coasters as "realistic", I found that they they were not. So I got an Idea; I wanted to create a Steel hawg mini version, out of K'nex tracks. And for pillars, and beams I will be using hobby tubes and wooden flower sticks (don't know the words for it hehe). So hopefully I will be creating, or trying to, create a decent roller coaster model that will kinda look like a "el loco" coaster. I think their track really look like K'nex track, that's were my idea originated. So I will update my process here. :). Cheers, /Alex

Edited by banbygge, 21 September 2014 - 03:17 PM.
photo not visible

#479 Maverick37

Maverick37

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

Hi my name is Matt. I am looking to create some awesome knex rollercoasters. I cannot wait to start building and I am really looking for some feedback since I am brand new to knex rollercoaster design.

Happy building, Matt

#480 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

• 13586 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:00 AM

Hello new members, welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay. :)

SSCoasters Administrator
DD_signature.jpg