Expectations

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

IDK about most of the members on this forum, but I think that my opinions reflect most of those of the "senior" members, on posting, grammar, etc.

I don't think that shorthand (ex. omg dat was amzing cuz da drop) should be used, mainly because this isn't a chatroom and shouldn't be treated like one. I haven't had to mention this since Da Squirel, but also read over your posts

Also, posting questions that could be searched for shouldn't be posted unless it relates to the topic at hand. For instance, asking where to buy a SS set in a topic about Tyrant's car isn't good, but asking where to buy one in a topic on SS sets would be fine.

Lastly, I don't mind double posting, but when it gets to triple, quadruple, etc, it gets annoying.

Other (added) suggestions:

Keep the pics to the forum limit. If you can't do that or don't know how too then just link to your pics. It's kind of a pain to have to edit your posts to make links when you could have just as easily done it yourself...

-Rct2123

• If you have a simple question about the site or a coaster and it isn't found in the Search, post it in the longest thread. This saves on "spam topics" that basically ask common sense questions, like what angles are in a knex connector.
  • Do :( Not:enforce overuse :suani smileys. It is just annoying IMO.:boom:boom
Pretty much just follow the rules, post worthwile posts, and take my expectations into consideration. More people will probably reply to you topic, too.

#2 sixflagsfreak56

sixflagsfreak56

GADV Park Serv Supervisor

• 2962 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 01:21 PM

As a senior member, I agree.

#3 KiNg Of Da Ka

KiNg Of Da Ka

coaster rider

• 566 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:31 PM

I'm not really a senior but I agree.I'm sick all those noobs doing that crap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Minnesota Twins -
Wild

#4 coastercrazy10

coastercrazy10

Mad Scientist

• 7008 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 05:33 PM

Stickied. This is a good one for new members to read.

-CC10

SSCoasters Staff | The SSCoasters Forum Rules
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign | Computer Science & Mathematics
Posted Image
Fireball | Kingda Ka | Inclination | Diamondback

#5 Garth

Garth

Originally known as GarKD

• 2001 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 07:13 PM

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

#6 RCT2123

RCT2123

Most Rides Cancelled :-)

• 5771 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:03 PM

Maybe some of the new members will actually read this and prevent me from having to edit their posts...

Something else that should be noted. Keep the pics to the forum limit. If you can't do that or don't know how too then just link to your pics. It's kind of a pain to have to edit your posts to make links when you could have just as easily done it yourself...

-Rct2123:cool:

Posted Image

#7 Jogumpie

Jogumpie

Living through the great Gump hiatus...

• 13586 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:13 AM

Ha, the first step to a new community.

SSCoasters Administrator
The SSCoasters Forum Rules
DD_signature.jpg
YoutubeButton.pngFacebookButton.png

#8 eliavlevy

eliavlevy

Long time, no build. :\

• 950 posts

Posted 03 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

I think it is a great idea.

Let's hope that many people that should read this will read this.

-Eliav :)

Posted Image
Thanks CC10

#9 lithodora

lithodora

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

I don't think that shorthand (...) shouldn't be used, mainly because this isn't a chatroom and shouldn't be treated like one

I am a new member and this is my first post. I do hate posting in an old thread, but the quoted text above makes me say, "What?"
As an admin of a forum slightly larger than these I understand the point, but I feel when making a point about not using bad grammar that one doesn't use it during it.

#10 Shamu

Shamu

Lead Engineer

• 1439 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:41 PM

Even though you acknowledged it, please refrain from posting in threads that are a year and a half old just to make a point.

That aside, welcome to the forums!

SSCoasters Veteran

The SSCoasters Forum Rules

Coming Eventually.
There's a new storm a-brewin'...
Update 12/16/09

Posted Image

#11 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

I've never even heard of this thread so it's a good thing he bumped it. Welcome to the forums.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Maxlaam

Maxlaam

Tracing Tyrant's Steps

• 8116 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 06:11 PM

Most likely didn't because it's like 2 years old, also using proper grammar and punctuation should be common knowledge.

SSCoasters Administrator
Read The Forum Rules(smart)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 Ace o Spades

Ace o Spades

Lead Engineer

• 2885 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:03 AM

Original post fixed, thanks for pointing that out for me. Nothing to see here....