• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 knexems

knexems

Aminspec Employee

• 887 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:26 PM

Hello everyone,

I am pretty new to building with knex and I need some tips. How do you guys keep the track so smooth on your roller coasters. I have been having trouble supporting my coasters correctly. Also, I noticed that your supports do not shake at all. Could you guys give me some tips on supporting on both smoothness and stableness. To show me how to support the right way, could you please make a short tutorial on how to build a medium sized loop?
PLEASE RESPOND!!!

#2 nickostick

nickostick

Mr. Freeze

• 1048 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

Ok, Welcome to the forums!

For Supports look at recent coasters built. Now to smooth stuff out you have to learn to build YOUR way. The best way to learn this is build a drop thats small or an element and practice till you learn the perfect way for YOU to do it.

The track will never be perfect unless you share with us as in pics , videos, etc. Thats a way that many of us smooth it out.

There is a loop Tut just use the Search button, and me myself learned the hard way of supporting by using no flexies. ( green rods that bend and stuff ). I recommend you learn to form using those. Also just never give up.

Posted Image

^Thancks to st33l

My Coasters
Nemesis (Completed)
Potestas (Under Construction)
Science project (Completed)