nl minimoggi no limits

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:37 PM

My mom planned this trip to Hershey last weekend and I was pretty excited to hear she was going to go through with it. I wasn't really planning to make a trip out to Hershey this season but I thought it'd be fun to check out Fahrenheit. Plus, this would be my first trip to the park as a true enthusiast, considering that I havent been there since I was 11.

My friend and I arrived at the park last night at 7 and walked around Chocolate World until it was 7:30. (For anyone who it may concern, the candy on the Chocolate World Tour Ride is not real. I was really mad at this because I did risk getting kicked out of the facility.) My friend and I waited until 7:30 because at the time, you can purchase a ticket for the next day and stay that night for free.

Our first ride of the night was Comet. Comet is an old PTC thriller that was remodeled in the late 70's. Its 96 feet tall and packed a punch. I noticed that its larger hills in the beginning had turnarounds at the top so we decided to try out the front. Fortunately, my guess was right and there was floater air like no other. It had a full layout which was really nice. Overall, a 15 minute wait for the front wasn't too bad at all.

Next was Sooper Dooper Looper, a classic Shwarzkoph looper. The best part, obviously, is the loop which pulls off some nice G's. I really liked the layout because it was very original. Again, front seat, 5 minute wait, cant beat it.

After that we walked up to the Great Bear. From the Comet and Sooper Dooper Looper line, it prowls over the whole entire area. Looking at it, I was expecting a great ride. I insisted we wait for the front, which offered a 20 minute wait. We hopped on and I, for one, was excited. The helix at the top pulls off some nice forces which was really unique. The rest of the ride sucked. I think the best part was at the bottom of the loop's pullout/entrance to the immelemann there are black and yellow stripes that looked really sweet. Everything else was forceless and short, the ride is only 100 feet longer than a normal B:TR clone. I know its a pretty old invert (Celebrating its 10th season this year!) but B&M could have done much better than this.

After the disappointment in Great Bear, we decieded to head for Storm Runner, an Intamin Accelerator. On our way down, we hit Trail Blazer which is just a Arrow Mine Train (nothing special at all). While approaching Storm Runner, I noticed that there was only a station wait. Again, I insisted for the front and after about a 15 minute wait we were staring up at the 150-foot top hat ready to experience "Vertical Horsepower". The launch is, if I remember correctly, 0-72 in 1.5 seconds. So it packed a nice punch. The view on top of the tophat was also very cool. Next was the immelemann which may be the worst designed/shaped thing I have ever seen. The entrance to the Flying Snake Dive offered some airtime and the FSD itself was pretty cool. Then there is this weird 90* twisting element at the end which was terrible. Overall, ride is way too short and the design could be improved. About the immelemann though, http://rcdb.com/ig2498.htm?picture=12, take a look for yourself.

After Storm Runner, I wanted to take a ride on Lightning Racers, one of the most twisty-looking GCI coasters I have ever seen, mainly because they are duelers though. The walk there involved going through the Boardwalk, Hershey's new waterpark. It looked really cool but when I am at a theme park, water rides do not stand a chance. Not even if it were a Shliterbahn.

The ride, Lightning Racers, was a walk-on and we compromised for back row. It offered everything I could ask for except ejector air. Decent speed, awesome drops, great intensity... I could go on for awhile. The best part is probably the tunnel because you can scream and do whatever to the other train.

Next was Wildcat, a GCI coaster made in 1996. I remember from past visits that its as rough as hell. But I was expecting the new Millennium Flyer trains to pull through and create a smoother thrill. But, not much difference. It was a 10 minute wait for the front. The best part is definitely the first drop.

Now, what you have been reading for, Fahrenheit. The newest Intamin creation at Hershey Park. Featuring the steepest drop in the United States and storing one of the few Norwegian loops in its layout.
I entered the line at 9:35 and took in the flaming orange track with the blue supports surrounding it. The colors are really cool, IMO. I really liked how close the queue is to the lift and the overbank. The station looked really cool, too. After about 20 minutes, we were next in line for the front (please note that you must ask to sit in the front because there IS assigned seating). The trains are like Maverick's but unlike Maverick, Fahrenheit only has 3 trains compared to Maverick's 6.

As I sat down, I was really excited. New coasters are really something I enjoy, even if I haven't been on them before. We left the station and started approaching the vertical lift. This was my first vertical lift hill and it was a really cool experience. It gets you up that 121 foot lift in no time. Almost as fast as you get up the lift, you go back down, and at 97*. The drop was aweomse, it really throws you out of your seat. The entrance to the Norwegian loop is cool because it does the little twist before it. Coming out of the loop, I think they could have shaped it better because it kind of shifts quickly in steepness. The Cobra Roll was nice and the trademark Intamin Corks were sweet. The low to ground overbank was fast and powerful and the ending airhill is delicious. We ran back in line and got a ride on the back, but the front was better.

Overall, I really wished this ride could have been longer. It has only a 2700' layout. But what it has is original, fast, fun, and thrilling. This ride does make my Top 10 but its not one I am going to be seeking down and wanting to ride the whole summer.

The next day, we hit up Fahrenheit in the morning, front row of course. Then Storm Runner twice followed by Lightning Racers three times, Wildcat, Comet, and Sidewinder (standard Vekoma Boomerang) each once a piece.

My park experience on "The Sweetest Place on Earth" was good none the less. Hershey is still an very well-kept park and is really nice for the family. I enjoyed my stay while I was there, but I think I am going to be taking a break for awhile unless...

"Something Cooler is coming in 2009... check out hersheypark.com on July 1st"

But Im pretty sure its just a Boardwalk Expansion. =/

Rides:

Lightning Racer x4
Fahrenheit x3
Comet x2
SDL x1
Trailblazer x1
Storm Runner x3
Wildcat x2
Great Bear x1
Sidewinder x1

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#2 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 07:47 PM

Sounds like a good trip. I might go there this summer but i don't know. What was weird for me though was when i rode Maverick this year i asked for the front and the guy there didn't let me go to the front and I had asked for the front before and they let me, and i wanted to only ride in the front because the ride is so much better in the front.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#3 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:38 AM

(For anyone who it may concern, the candy on the Chocolate World Tour Ride is not real. I was really mad at this because I did risk getting kicked out of the facility.)

They give you free Bliss at the end, though. Mmmm...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Great Bear was junk. However, Fahrenheit and Comet are better in the back for airtime.

Storm Runner's cobra loop is half a loop and half a turn, not an immelmann. But the heartline/FSD combo really packs an airtime-y punch.

Good park, though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#4 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 07:42 AM

Oh... well I still think it looks like garbage but that clears somethings up.

Fahrenheit in the back is alright, too. I tried it out but the front offers the view, which I think I would prefer. As for the Comet, I will keep that in mind the next time I go.

P.s. I hate Dark Chocolate. haha

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#5 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

IMO Comet is amazing. Miles better than Great Bear. Same with Wildcat.

Posted Image

#6 DJMK

DJMK

Lead Engineer

• 1604 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

Well what did you get after the chocolate tour?

I got those Bliss chocolate things.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

yeah I did to but I hate dark chocolate.

#8 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 09:50 AM

I hate all Chocolate!

I guess I'm going here late july. I'm gonna ride all them except SR and Ferhenhiet.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#9 DJMK

DJMK

Lead Engineer

• 1604 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:02 AM

Then don't even go, if your not riding those.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:07 AM

but I wanna ride the others. SR and Ferhenheit look to ummmm.... ermmmmm..... fun. Yea there to fun for me ;).

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#11 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:36 AM

Bliss isn't dark chocolate, it's extremely creamy and smooth Hershey's milk chocolate.

And lazor, Storm Runner and Fahrenheit are Intamin masterpieces. You'll really regret it if you don't. Fahrenheit would be less scary, IMO, it's just loops 'n stuff. Storm Runner is way faster and intense.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#12 Jplaz

Jplaz

Metaphysical Prophet

• 2776 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

I'm pissed at Storm Runner...but I would still ride it.

Posted Image

#13 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 12:56 PM

^^Its not that I'm scared to go on them. I don't realy care if it like the ricktyest thing or something that is so low to ground that it almost hits it (examples) i just don't like the intial feeling of airtime. Like the first drop on a coaster when you feel it in your stomach, I don't like that, but all the other hills and stuff I just get airtime and no "butterflys" feeling and I like it. But the first drop of things is the only thing I consider when choosing a coaster to ride basicly.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#14 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

^Thats really stupid... no offense. If you dont go on them you mght as well not even go.

TH: Unless the fatass working there was lying... it is dark chocolate.

#15 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 03:58 PM

^^WHAT ?!!??!?! Man that is why I go on a coaster. The butterflys are the best feeling in the world ! If you don't like this,then you don't like rollercoasters.

EDIT: whoops I came out a little harsh, no offence :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#16 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:47 PM

^that wasn't harsh. And there alright. I've grown to like them more. I guess I gotta ride a few more before I like them completly

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#17 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:42 PM

I love Storm Runner's uniquely designed elements, and that rising S turn at the end has an awesome whip to it. But I agree it is way too short.

Lazor, going to Hershey and not riding Storm Runner, Fahrenheit, and/or eating chocolate is almost pointless. You might as well just go to a different amusement park at that point. There are better types of every ride there at some other amusement park minus the two I mentioned. Nnot sure about Fahrenheit, but out of the two Intamin rockets I've ridden, Kingda Ka and Storm Runner, Storm Runner owns.

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#18 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:17 PM

^well the reson I'm going is because my family lives in harrisburg and when we go ehy not stop by hershey. I need to redem myself from last time I went to herdhey anyways.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#19 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:43 AM

TH: Unless the fatass working there was lying... it is dark chocolate.

I don't like dark chocolate either. That 'tard was lying! (Or it didn't taste like dark chocolate, either or.)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#20 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

Hahaha that would be sweet if they lied. I bet the lard just was trying to scare people off so she could have it for himself.

And damn... I just noticed you put your Top 5 up. SR is better than Nitro? What did I miss? Like everyone says it owns but I got nothing out of it. The launch was fun, the top hat was alright, the Half Loop turn was weird, the FSD was cool, and that rising S turn was weird as all hell at the end. And then it was over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nl minimoggi no limits