Hershey Park 7/21-7/22, Harrisburg, Pictures of Dorney Park, and Philly!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

LONG TRIP REPORT. PLEASE READ ALL.

Well I said I wasn't going to do a TR but I though why not? So here it is:

7/21:

I left my house around 10:30am to take the 8 hour drive to PA. We got there around 6:30pm. My uncle came and picked my Family up and my Aunts house in Harrisburg. We got to the park at about 8:00pm. All the sudden my stomach got tight. I had to sit down, and if I stood I would hurt like crazy.

My brother went to Ferhienhiet (sorry if thats the wrong spelling, but I'm tired). My mom took me to the First Aid place and they gave some crappy medicine that didn't work. So my Uncle and I went to ride the monorail.

It was nice and was relifing since theres no forces and you sit down. Then we went to the Skyview, which is a chairlift type thing. It was pretty fun and was relifing too. My brother called me twice while me and my Uncle were on it, trying to find us.

Finaly my Mom and Brother found us and we went to Chocolate world. We did the tour, ahh that felt good, and got our candy. The only thing they make that I like is Twizzlers and Jolly Ranchers. I got some of them and they were tasty.

We left and went to the Capital Dinner. That place was good. I had some eggs and hash browns. I also tried Scrapple. It was pretty good actually. We went home and rested up for the next day.

7/22:

We woke up in the morning and there was a chance of storms and rain. We decided to go anyway. I will say there was rain the whole day. But it was good none-the-less.

First up was Sidewinder. That coaster rocked. Me and my Uncle rode it. WE got middle since it was a walk-on. The only problem with it is that its really loud in the station. The loop backwards is the best part. My brother got off SR and I rode Sidewinder agian, with him. No head banging except the cobra roll going backwards. It now my #3, 9/10!

Then we headed to Trailblazer. My mom rode it but I don't think she liked it too much. I got a on-ride vedio of it (my first!). I'll post it later with the pictures. 7/10, I think I like the Goldrusher better.

We did the cars with my mom, and I intentonaly (sp) slamed into the middle barrier alot.

Then we headed over to the SooperDooperLooper. That was pretty cool. Me and my uncle rode it while my brother did The Great Bear. The loop was pretty fun. The rest, well, It hurt my eyes with the rain and all. 8/10, Front FTW!

Next was Comet. Ughhh the wait. Atleast 50mins for this thing. Me and my brother rode it. They were only running one train on every coaster. We finally got on and in the back. That thing is pretty intense in the back. MASSIVE floater air. 9/10, but this ride was a 8/10.

Next we went to Wildcat. It was pretty good. I liked it alot, but it didn't make my top 5. It was really cold at the top of the hill, and really rainy which ment bad things for my eyes. But it was still fun. Millinuim Flyers are awsome. I can't imagine that without them. 8/10

Lightning Racers. Fist up was thunder. Awsome ride! The best part is when we were heading up the lift and you look over and see the track. We lost though. Then me and my brother went bac on lightning. We lost agian. But still fun. 9/10, my number #4.

We then headed back to SooperDooperLooper so my brother could ride it. He liked it alot. He rode it agian but it was too rainy for me.

Me and my Uncle did the Scrambler. 9/10 It is a fun flat ride. Then me and my Brother did the Flying Frotier, 9/10 which is another great flat ride.

We passed by something called the Resses Extreme Cup Challenge. Me and my brother went to see what it was. It was fun but not worth 25mins. wait. Me and my Brother won though :).

We started to head back to sidewinder, But a clap of Thunder roared above us. The rides closed. We all sat in this rock-n-roll show thing to wait it over. It finally passed and the rain left with it. The rest of the day was great with no rain.

We went back to sidewinder and my Brother and I rode it Twice. 9/10 agian.

We headed back to Comet. I wanted front seat, and my brother and Uncle wanted middle for some reason. So I had to wait a extra train but it was still good. this ride was maybe a 8/10 agian. We then did it agian. My brother rode back and I did front agian. We were on the same train luckly. As we were going up the lift I basicly undid my seatbelt. The lap bar is set to stay about 6" away from you also. I got the best airtime I have ever had. That was what gave it a respectable #5 slot out of 22 coasters. This ride was deffinetly a 9/10. The only thing to make it better would be if my brother had rode front with me.

Then we all did the Monorail and Skyview. We then did the kissing tower, and we did Trailblazer agian.

We hit up Choclate world agian. Did the tour, and I got some videos of te funky singing cows. I will post them later on also.

We left at 9:00pm and ate at Red Robin. It was very good.

Total Count:
Sidewinder x4, 9/10
Trailblazer x2, 7/10
SooperDooperLooper x2, 8/10
Comet x 3, 9/10
Wildcat x 1, 8/10
Lightning Racers, Thunder x1, 9/10
Lightning Racers, Lightning x1, 9/10
Monorail x2
Skyview x2
Scrambler x1, 9/10
Bumper Cars x1, 8/10
Flying Frontier x1, 9/10
Resses Extreme Cup Challange x1, 7/10
Choclate Factory Tour x2, 10/10

PICS of Hershey Park:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Trailblazer Onride POV:

Chocolate World:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Random Lighthouse outside of Chocolate World:
Posted Image

Here's My brother, my uncle (who lives in PA), and me in front of the sign:
Posted Image

Tour On-Ride (Funky Singing Cows) Part 1:

Part 2:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harrisburg:
I will give this report using pictures.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really cool pic I took at some mini-golf place:
Posted Image

For some reason this came out dark but it was light out. Anyways, fastman you might like this:
Posted Image

Pictures of Dorney Park:
Yes, I did get to see Dorney but I didn't go. Anyways, Pics!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Notice the street sign:
Posted Image

Posted Image

;)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Personal Favorites:
Posted Image

And
Posted Image

EPIC WIN!!!:
Posted Image

Philidelphia:
I stayed at my Aunts Parents Apartment in Philidelphia. I will upload my pics later. I did get to have some cheese stakes and got to see the historic stuff.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#2 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:33 AM

You LIKED Sidewinder ?.. Ok

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#3 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:11 AM

No Storm Runner OR Fahrenheit?
And no Hershey's chocolate?!

Shun the nonbeliever! SHUUUUN!

But good job on the no-seatbelt Comet job, it gives incredible floater airtime that way.

^I actually found Sidewinder to be pretty decent, but man did it screw my vision up. :lolo

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Coaster Count: 79

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#4 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Altitu... Fuzion !

• 1484 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:35 PM

^I thought it was the worst Boomerang I've been on ! lol

But still, you likes Sidewinder over the woodies ?

And yeah... No SR or Fahrenheit.. haha

Posted Image
My Coasters:
Zepto! - Gallery
Turbulence - Gallery , Video
Grizzly - Gallery , Video

#5 LCAL

LCAL

Only I Can Live Forever

• 1823 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

Ok I read up to the part where you said Sidewinder was a 9/10.

If you think that, you must have not been on many coasters.

http://www.youtube.com/knexer13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSC Member June 11th 2007 - January 1st 2011

Posted Image

#6 fantom

fantom

Screaming!

• 1745 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:31 PM

Even with the coasters he has been on, it shouldn't be a 9/10, or a top three. Hell, if I had only been on three coasters, it still wouldn't have been in my Top three, but to each his own I guess. And were Storm Runner and Farenheit closed the second day during the rain?

Xbox GT: xxwarlordxx11
Posted Image

Posted Image

PM ME PLEASE IF YOU PLAN ON ADDING MY GAMERTAG!

#7 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:24 PM

7/22:

We woke up in the morning and there was a chance of storms and rain. [The day lazor felt better to ride stuff... yadda yadda.]

My brother got off SR and I rode Sidewinder agian, with him. No head banging except the cobra roll going backwards. It now my #3, 9/10!

Definitely open, according to his bro. Storm Runner is one of the most insane launched coasters in the world. I can't believe you passed the opportunity.

*shuns the nonbeliever*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#8 NitroDude319

NitroDude319

Compact or Nothing

• 1846 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

whats better fahrenheit or stormrunner

Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

^^^ & ^^^^ Sidewinder is a awsome ride. Sorry if you guys don't like it but personally I think it was great. It dosn't have any headbanging except for one little time at one spot.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta

#10 fastman xc

fastman xc

Resident Outdoor Builder

• 3182 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:29 PM

I, personally, enjoy Sidewinder thank you very much.
...but really, not even the Great Bear? what's up with that?
TH, people like me who live in Hershey's Country don't have to get chocolate while they're at the park, I can get it anytime.

oh yeah, and Trailblazer is a joke.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

coasters made by:
~FXC, Inc
a subsidiary of
Posted Image
currently featuring ... Pine Mine: A Real Terrain Coaster

#11 rollercoasterfanatic919

rollercoasterfanatic919

Switch 360!

• 3357 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:40 PM

You missed ALL the good rides! Did you seriously ride Dominator?:huh:

RCFSIG.png

FF.png

MF | Toro | TTD | Maverick | Ka | Griffon | Nitro | Storm Runner | Skyrush | Phoenix

Coaster Count: 73 | YouTube Channel

#12 TripleHelix

TripleHelix

Do a barrel roll!

• 2241 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

Fastman, you could walk into any dollar store around here and get Hershey's chocolate. But, how do you go to Hersheypark and NOT eat chocolate? That's like going to Coney and not eating at the original Nathan's... that's the best thing there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image

Posted Image

THIS TEXT IS A LIE!

#13 Maverix

Maverix

Aieght

• 2281 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

No storm runner OR fahrenheit? How can you call your self a coaster enthusiest? But if you had fun then good for you. But i'm still in shock.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 10 Coasters:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Maverick 3. Storm Runner 4. Millennium Force 5. Gatekeeper
6. Diamondback 7. Manta 8. Wild Eagle 9. Thunderhead 10. Apollos Chariot

#14 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

^I might have but my uncle didn't want too, and that made me back out for some reason.

^^My mom does say they taste better if you get them there.

^^^Yes, you can look at my TR of it and see my On-ride photo of it.

LAZOR22SIG2.png

#15 Ccron10

Ccron10

Skyrush Track Watcher

• 95 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

Great Trip Report.

SW is a forceful ride, but it can also give you a headache. Riding it with an empty train is the best.

Can't wait to see the pics!

#16 CuteLittleBunny23

CuteLittleBunny23

CLB23

• 562 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:01 AM

Wow, no SR or Fahrenheit? Wow... your cool.
shunnn!

NTAG-SheiKra!-S:K:C-Montu-Kraken-Titan-Kumba-Renegade-SBRBP-Mr.Freeze

Posted Image

VULCAN

#17 CP-ephY

CP-ephY

thumb abuser

• 2751 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

That's like going to Cedar Point and riding blue streak 900 times. It's just a roller coaster; there should be no reason why you're pussing out.

Posted Image

#18 BWL

BWL

rawr

• 167 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

You didn't go on great bear or storm runner? Those rides are the best in the park!

At least you had fun. Chocolate world ftw, free chocolate :D

Because I does what NintenDON'T

Got a wii? PM me and we can swap codes! I only got 3 online games. GH3, GH:A, and SSBB

#19 Britfag

Britfag

Everybody's Russian!

• 3818 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

so after saying you would and having a name of "front seat rider"

why the hell didn't you go on SR?!

I thought you said you would!?
Launch coaster are amazing!

#20 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

^I don't understand anything you said. And I've been on a launch coaster before.

You guys act like SR and Ferhinhiet are the only coasters there.

LAZOR22SIG2.png