knex store

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ~G3n3rOo2256~

~G3n3rOo2256~

the knex kid

• 1263 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 06:56 AM

Hey someone should open a knex store here instead of ebay. Does anyone think hats a good idea? Also, I am running low on pieces. does anyone know where I can get alot of them for a low price?

#2 /\ero

/\ero

CP dodgeball 10-11

• 846 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:28 AM

Ebay, and this is a pointless thread.

#3 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 03 October 2008 - 07:58 AM

I think knex.com has some good pieces on sale. But besides that (and maybe garage sales), you're stuck with eBay.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#4 larry marak

larry marak

Construction Foreman

• 129 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:00 PM

What we need is the equivalent of Bricklink for Knex. (Bricklink is an international fixed price ebay-style site for Lego products only, with over 2,000 sellers and several hundred thousand buyers) I have no idea how to start one up. One prerequisite would be establishing a solid online knex community, one that embraces all Knex users, not just the coaster enthusiasts. Today, this forum is a good as it gets for knex.

#5 DJMK

DJMK

Lead Engineer

• 1604 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:05 PM

Uhh its called knex.com

http://knex.com/Shop/
http://knex.com/Shop/home.php?cat=339

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 larry marak

larry marak

Construction Foreman

• 129 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:39 PM

A true independent knex part site would be a place to purchase parts long discontinued by knex. cyber knex 2.0 computers and programable chips, instruction books, solar power panels and couplers. Unusual variant pieces and variant colors. And instruction books from over a thousand sets released so far. It would probably also publish set inventory lists for people assembling sets from knex.com, ebay, and here.

Some of the resources exist already. Check out the Knex Users Group Network U.K. which sells two sets of computer controllers for knex machines (my favorite is the "egg") and the Knexbot world engineering competitions, which hold national, continental and world championships each year using combat vehicles made entirely of knex parts.

#7 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:49 PM

I'd bet 99% of the builders here are not about to sell their K'Nex, though. I'm certainly not about to, with me building a new bal--...wait, I've said too much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.