carol christmas coaster

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

My friend and I are currently in Arlington, Texas and enjoying what we have come across for the most part. We got in the first ever "Six Flags" at 4:00 PM yesterday.

We hit Titan up first thing and I was thoroughly unimpressed with the ride. It offered minimal airtime and the laterals were not nearly as intense as I wanted. The first drop is nice, though, and the ride looks so triumphant just chilling right in the middle of everything. Its pretty massive.

Next up was Mine Train which could possibly be the worst ride of all time. Haha I love it. Rides that are just so pathetic in every aspect are the ones I enjoy sometimes. I know its old, so its worthy of respect.

After that was Shockwave, which I was looking forward to alot. The lift is so amusingly slow, its awesome. The loops are cool, too. They offer nice G's as everyone says. I noticed on this ride that there is alot of failed attempts at heartlining. Its rather entertaining. Few airpops here and there, too.

Superman was due next, so we headed there. The ride is massive. Its definitely the most fun freefall I have been on. I had never been on one that launches you up and down in the same ride, usually they are different. It offers a nice view, to say the least.

Next, we headed for Premier's first coaster, I believe. Runaway Mountain. The station is extremely unique and the whole entire ride is, too. The trains are abnormal looking which I liked alot. The layout is nice, nothing to cry home about though. Solid, nonetheless.

Tony Hawk's Big Spin was next. I have my doubts for the thrills of Spinning Mouses like this, but I was taken by surprise. It offered nice airtime at some parts and fun laterals. It definitely was the best one of these coasters I have been on. The queue is pretty sweet, too.

From there we headed to La Vibora, a signature Bobsled coaster. I love its colors and sound but the ride itself is pretty damn weak. Probably the worst out of the three Bobsleds I have been on (Avalanche, Disaster Transport, and this.) The seating is 100% homosexual, too. It can be funny as hell though if you just screw with everything but when your with only guys than I would not suggest this ride unless you want to make it a joke.

Then there was The Judge. He is just so damn classic looking and has a hardass name but it sucked. Virtually no airtime, but I still respect him alot. He is a ACE Classic so you gotta give him his credit.

Ride Count for Friday and Saturday totalled at:

Titan x6
Superman x1
Runaway Mountain x1
Judge Roy Scream x2
Mine Train x1
Train x4
Tony Hawk x2
La Vibora x1
Shockwave x3

21 is solid.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw

#2 Coaster55

Coaster55

Aminspec Employee

• 1591 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

How did Titan compare to MF, El Toro, and all those other great rides in your top 10?

I don't think I've ever ridden a flat ride at SFoT though, since I'm pretty sure the only things there are is tea cup's and a 2 swinging ships.

Yesterday's temperature wasn't too bad though, did they open up Texas Giant and Gotham City?

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Chubs33

Chubs33

Roller Coaster Humanist

• 2842 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 12:49 AM

No everything remained closed. I wanted to go on the Texas Giant so bad. So, so, so very bad.

Titan was O.K. man. Like it has 2 shots of airtime and a first drop. The laterals are not as impressive as they are made out to be. The first drop is nice and I enjoyed the the trains. Its solid, best in the park (out of what I was on) but I don't think it will crack the Top 10.

Check out my blog: Life Is A Roller Coaster

(Coaster count: 504)

Blitzen Cyber Chase Prowler Tuscarora Ra: God of Sun Jersey Thunder Phoenix La Bestia Ripsaw