airdog k'nex knex

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Airdog

Airdog

The SSC Dog

• 779 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 06:55 PM

I decided to make a tutorial. One that could hopefully help many builders on this site. This is a tutorial on how to get great deals on Knex.

1.Where to shop
Theres many places to buys knex. Such as Toys'r'us, Kb toys, etc. But one place that has awesome deals is ebay. If you use ebay you may get things up to twenty dollars off the price in the store.

2.Know how much you want to pay
To know how much you want to pay you should compare some prices with k'nex directs prices. Its very rare to find better deals on knex direct then on Ebay. My price for a Rippin Rocket is twenty five dollars. I do not like to spend more then twenty five dollars for a Knex Rippin Rocket. My price for a Screamin Serpent is thirty five dollars.

3.The condition of the Knex
If you see a set on ebay theres probably some missing or broken pieces. Around 10 missing pieces is ok but many pieces missing you probably should'nt buy that set. I like to buy sets that have pictures that you can easliy see have all the parts and are in great condition.

4.What set is right for you
You should know what set is right for you before yoou buy a set. If you like to build ball towers a rollercoaster set might not be right for you. If you like to build rollercoasters a ball tower might not be right for you. You also want to consider what parts you want because some sets come with a great amount of one part. If you like rollercoasters like most people on this site, if you want a lot of long gray rods, crossties, and connectors a Rippin Rocket is right for you. If you want granites, flexie rods, chain, and tubing a Screamin Serpent is right for you.

Thats all for this tutorial if you have any other questions just ask.
Hope this helped!

COMMENT!

Posted Image

1.Maverick
2.Nitro
3.Apollo's Chariot
4.Medusa
5.Millenium Force

#2 LCAL

LCAL

Only I Can Live Forever

• 1823 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

This is really pointless, IMO. People pay what they want, and where they want to.

http://www.youtube.com/knexer13
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
SSC Member June 11th 2007 - January 1st 2011

Posted Image

#3 DDRman732865

DDRman732865

Going Back for Master's for some reason

• 5251 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

^Not necessarily, it solves all of those "where can I get k'nex for cheap" threads.

#4 The KNex Weasel

The KNex Weasel

SSC's Jazz Pianist

• 2477 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

I'm sorta neutral between ^/^^'s posts. It really isn't the most necessary thread, but it can be an excuse for us to get noobs to shut up with the usual "hayy were can i get som mor knex" attitude. Just post the link to this thread, have them read it, and then suddenly they know where to look.

On the other hand, I still think most people can figure it out for themselves. People are always talking about visiting places like eBay, Amazon.com, Wal-Mart, etc., and that theoretically says enough. All you'd have to do is browse the forums a bit to find some mention of one of those places.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Credit to Spitfire.

Most recent success:
SL1M: You Don't Mess Around With It.

#5 MP thrill rides

MP thrill rides

Lead Engineer

• 1973 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:52 PM

^I agree.I just kinda google searched knex for sale and lots of different places popped up.I had alot of luck with craigslist though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 Airdog

Airdog

The SSC Dog

• 779 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:13 PM

This thread was only meant to solve some probably's so that n00bs are'nt like "Omg were can i get me da more knex".

Posted Image

1.Maverick
2.Nitro
3.Apollo's Chariot
4.Medusa
5.Millenium Force