Millcreek47

BANNED

• 1186 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:55 PM

More banking in the middle?

Posted Image
(Sig under construction)

-----XBL Gamertag - I were Speshul-----

Top 5: Time Machine, The Incredible Hulk, Goliath, Dueling Dragons, Georgia Scorcher

#22 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:01 PM

How many bases do you have?

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77

#23 JPCoaster

JPCoaster

Lead Engineer

• 1292 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:47 PM

That's almost perfect! Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the rest.

Posted Image

#24 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

Uber mega update.

Not really but something, a VIDEO with me talking (woot), Be kind to my wonderful canadien accent and comment please.

PB210001.flv video by coastermaniac0 - Photobucket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#25 Rollerboaster

Rollerboaster

Anti-anti conformist

• 1010 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 11:20 PM

Hmmm, maybe its the train? My suggestion would be to keep the loop the same size but make the pullout lower.

Posted Image

inclusive shipping

#26 kne` builder

kne` builder

Architect

• 478 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:14 AM

I think you should make the lift steeper.
In the vid it looks like about 35deg.
If you would make it steeper, it would make it over the loop.

Posted Image

Top6 Coasters:
6:Raptor
5:Blue Fire
4:Maverick
3:Top Thrill Dragster
2:Millenium Force
1:Expedition GeForce

Coastercount: 62

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#27 Sheikra_rocks

Sheikra_rocks

Construction Worker

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 08:19 PM

Make the crest a little sharper and the train will make it over. Like this:
Posted Image

#28 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 09:21 PM

^thanks but it makes it over, I re-did it, I don't show in the video but it does.

I will re-do the loop and if it doesn't work I'll have to raise my drop probably...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1|Tatsu 2|KK 3|Montu 4|Medusa 5|Kumba 6|Nitro 7|Goliath 8|Goliath 9|DD:F 10|Excalibur

#29 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:38 PM

Ok I re-did totally my layout, nothing worked out and the sit down trains sucks.

So I did a plain and simple layout because I need it to work consistenly at the science fair. Unfortunately I'll have to push the train over the crest because it got undone. But that's no big deal since I'll be right behind the coaster the whole time of the expo.

Pics and video:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Comment please !

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#30 Little Kuriboh

Little Kuriboh

ωτς

• 486 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:18 PM

I wish i had enough peices for that........... the transitions are really good. Im not a fan of the 'staying close to ground or "low"' track. You should try and get a pheonix. It will solve your lift problems.

#31 RCmaniac31

RCmaniac31

a "Six Flags" day?

• 592 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

It looks good, but why dont you just switch the metal wheels on your invert train with the plastic ones on your floorless? I'm guessing your not because the floorless doesn't work well with the lift...

Anyway, keep building!

RC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Posted Image
Top Five:
Millennium Force
Top Thrill Dragster
Maverick
Tatsu
Raging Bull

Have a Six Flags Day!

#32 coastermaniac

coastermaniac

Lead Engineer

• 1862 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 12:14 PM

I wish i had enough peices for that........... the transitions are really good. Im not a fan of the 'staying close to ground or "low"' track. You should try and get a pheonix. It will solve your lift problems.

How can I say this ?... well honestly the pheonix is nothing compared to the scorpion, the train sucks and the only good thing about it is the lift hill. And my layout is like this because I have to make it fit in the back of a car.

It looks good, but why dont you just switch the metal wheels on your invert train with the plastic ones on your floorless? I'm guessing your not because the floorless doesn't work well with the lift...

Anyway, keep building!

RC

Hmm... because I can't ? ;) and yes the floorless works flawlessly with the lift but CD didn't put side-wheels on theses trains, so they are extremely inconsistent. The difference of speed with my floorless and my invert train is enormous.

Anyway it will stay like this because I don't have much time left.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#33 Jack Rimer

Jack Rimer

Construction Foreman

• 125 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:09 AM

The Phoenix trains are actually more efficient in a straight line than the inverteds. If your Phoenix train is not working consistently, you probably have a wheel that is dislodged. Check to be sure all the wheels are in place and spinning freely.

#34 Little Kuriboh

Little Kuriboh

ωτς

• 486 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:21 AM

I wasnt able to get a scorpion this Christmas i'm going to save my money...
the pheonix lift does help alot. The trains are good. And switching the wheels gave me a idea... Im going to the hardware store and hobby store to find some metal wheels the same size as the knex plastics.

#35 lazor 22

lazor 22

Enter The Rage

• 5967 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

For a Hyper I would choose the phoenix trains, but with a twisty layout inverted trains are the way to go. Nice model BTW.

LAZOR22SIG2.png
I305, El Toro, Goliath (SFoG), Time Machine, Talon, Apollo, Griffon, Georgia Scorcher, Nitro, Manta
Coaster Count: 77