• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Coaster105

Coaster105

Lead Engineer

• 1035 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:38 PM

Posted Image

I recently received the Comet and thought i'd give a review.

Having had bad experience with the Scorpion, i was skeptical of the comet, and the difficulty of assembly. To my delight, the instructions were very simple to follow and the assembling process was quite simple. There are lots and lots of pieces that need to be glued, making it a more drawn out process, it took me about 2 days to fully construct. On the other hand there are lots of pieces that simply snap together.

One thing I suggest is to buy grass, or some kind of ground covering, because the base the comet sits on, is just plastic green, and doesn't have a real authentic look. I bought a small Pack of model grass, and completely messed up the grass. So the grass on my model doesn't look the greatest, but its still better then what it was before.

Once it was built, i was excited to test it, but as the instructions said, it would take lots of fine tuning and sanding to get it to work. This was the most difficult part. After test runs after test runs, i finally got it to make it up the first hill, but not the second. It took me another 2-3 hours spread over a couple days, to eventually get the train to run consistently. The most important part of the entire thing is to sand down every single joint and bump on the track. The littlest bump, can derail the train. I found that even in places the instructions didn't tell you to sand, there were small bumps in the track that caused problems.

My Rating of the Comet: 8/10
It looks unbelievably realistic and looks great on a shelf,or in a model layout. Its a little small, but looks great and is tonnes of fun to watch. My only complaint is the fact that you supplied scenery. I think it would look great if the base came as a more realistic looking field, with some trees. I highly recommend this kit to anyone into coasters. Do not rush the building process, take your time, allow for joints to glue before you continue.
If you have any questions, please ask

Here is a video of it in action

-Coaster105

Youtube Channel

#2 coastus

coastus

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:01 PM

I recognise the problems with the bumps. It is very accurate work. It could be frustrating, but once you completed the coaster working, the fun was greater. I found another review of Coaster Dynamix Comet: Coaster Dynamix toy roller coasters | Toy Roller Coasters.